Qualification Tournament for the European Championships 2009

• You was in the hall? Great! I just watched the game in the TV :D

Ah, I see. Well, it sounded from your description as if you were present.
    Apparently, some of the atmosphere made it through the tv-screen.
    Again, big applaus for the Polish crowd (expect for that one guy that was cheering downstairs in front of the Belgian crowd, waiving a Belgian tricolor-hat in the last set when the Polish were cruising to game point- I would have definitely smacked him, if he was in front of me :cursing: ).
    Anyway, I left the arena, partly deaf: obviously, time-outs and pauzes in between sets need to be filled with extremely loud music.

Anyone seen statistics of this game? I would be very interested to see those.

• Czech Rep. - Macedonia 3:0 (25:15, 25:15, 25:13)

The Czech team missed a few of its top ranked players, namely Martin Lébl, a few times among the best blockers in Italian A1 League - because of illness - and Jiri Novák (who is currently included in the roster of Paris Volley), a perfect receiver and one of the best outside hitters in French PRO 1 plus another well known name of the Italian A1, diagonal player, Jan Stokr.

CEV

• Anybody cares to record the second qualification game between Poland and Belgium this weekend?

Would be very much appreciated, thankx!

• I'm wondering why nobody comments the second "great" game by Poles against Belgians? This game was awful from Polish poinst of view and one only thing which is positive is, that we qualified to the ECh - everything else was pathetic. Poland lost 3:2 at home against Belgium, and qualified only because of better ratio:roll: Of course, Poland played without six key palyers, but I don't know if this excuse is enough. Only Świderski's performance was really good, but it's not surprising. And some players were just terrible (Kurek e.g.). Poles should be happy with the qualification and forget about this game as soon as it possible. If Poland hadn't qualified to the ECh, it would have been a real disaster for volleyball in our country. Thanks God, it doidn't happen.
    Congratualtions to Belgium, which caused us many problems in those two matches.
    The game against Belgium was probably the last for Lozano as a Polish coach. If we had won, it might have been different, but now... No, I don't think he will stay.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I'm wondering why nobody comments the second "great" game by Poles against Belgians? This game was awful from Polish poinst of view and one only thing which is positive is, that we qualified to the ECh - everything else was pathetic. Poland lost 3:2 at home against Belgium, and qualified only because of better ratio:roll: Of course, Poland played without six key palyers, but I don't know if this excuse is enough. Only Świderski's performance was really good, but it's not surprising. And some players were just terrible (Kurek e.g.). Poles should be happy with the qualification and forget about this game as soon as it possible. If Poland hadn't qualified to the ECh, it would have been a real disaster for volleyball in our country. Thanks God, it doidn't happen.
    The game against Belgium was probably the last for Lozano as a Polish coach. If we had won, it might have been different, but now... No, I don't think he will stay.

I read that Belgium started with Hoho and Van Goethem as wing attackers (in stead of Verhanneman and Coucke).
    It seams Belgium was serving a lot better than in the first game. I would really really love to see this game. If anybody could post it, would be great!!

• I read that Belgium started with Hoho and Van Goethem as wing attackers (in stead of Verhanneman and Coucke).
    It seams Belgium was serving a lot better than in the first game. I would really really love to see this game. If anybody could post it, would be great!!

There was nothing to comment - terrible game from Polish side especially end of 3rd set but ... such players like Kurek , Bartman and Gruszka cannot be comparible to Wlazly and Winiarski. Swiderski - he is playing on good level even he is very tired.

• Slovenia qualified today for the final round of the Men’s Senior European Championships defeating Portugal in straight sets (25-21, 25-22 and 25-22) in the return match of the 3rd Qualification Round.

Now that I've finally seen the game: why are you so hard on Kurek? It's the first time I've seen him play and, In my opinion, he showed great potential as a powerful opposite. Especially, knowing that he's only 20 years old. Sure, he could have been more efficient in this particular game, but I would be very happy with a guy like that in our national team.

For a number of years (2nd part 80's), there was a Polish player in the Belgium league, playing for Maaseik: Dariusz Kurek. Any relation there?

• I'm so hard on Kurek, just because it was not he first time when I saw him in action :) Of course, he is young and has potential, but doesn't take advantage of it. In his age, Wlazły started to be the key player of our team. Maybe Kurek needs more time. Right now he is rather annoying.
    About this relationship... I'm not sure :huh:

The most important 3:

• what a pathetic beginning to a great title for Poland :whistle:
    Everything is good when it ends good...

• I'm so hard on Kurek, just because it was not he first time when I saw him in action :) Of course, he is young and has potential, but doesn't take advantage of it. In his age, Wlazły started to be the key player of our team. Maybe Kurek needs more time. Right now he is rather annoying.
    About this relationship... I'm not sure :huh:

Guess he made you eat those words eh??

• Guess he made you eat those words eh??

No. I had written he "needs more time". And he proved that ^^

The most important 3:

• No. I had written he "needs more time". And he proved that ^^

:P fair enough