Qualification Tournament for the European Championships 2009

• Yeah, I wish luck to your NT, and congratulations on being part of Euro 2009 already. I am sure that volleyball in Estonia is becoming more popular.

Winning the group was way big surprise, we also have to thank Montenegro team ;) In the beginning we dreamt of 2nd place.
    We are already planning the trip to Turkey with many baskeball fans - we are already turning them into volleyball faith :lol:

• Hi mammu! First of all congratulations for qualify to EC (:
    Its nice to see you here, I think you are the first one from Estonia.
    I'll be in Turkey too (even if Poland won't qualify :lol: ) so probably we'll meet there ;)

• Hi mammu! First of all congratulations for qualify to EC (:
    Its nice to see you here, I think you are the first one from Estonia.
    I'll be in Turkey too (even if Poland won't qualify :lol: ) so probably we'll meet there ;)

ohhh, they will qualify!!! They have made the conclusion, hopefully :roll:

• ohhh, they will qualify!!! They have made the conclusion, hopefully :roll:

They will qualify for sure. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Over in Greece at the moment with the GB squad, todays results

Great Britain 3 - 1 Sweeden (15-25, 25-22, 26-24, 25-21) I think that was the sets scores

Greece 3 - 0 Belgium only saw the first set then had to leave. Game was shown live on Greek TV

• You 're in Greece?? I only watched the fourth set between Great Britain and Sweden.
    Very good performance of Greece last night, I don't remember how long it is since I last truly enjoyed watching our team play. The sets were 25-22, 25-20, 25-17.
    Greece: Kournetas 1, Roumeliotis 18 (18/22), Smaragdis 8 (7/8 ), Karypidis 11(8/15, 3 μπ, 67% υπ, ), Lappas 13(13/18, 73% υπ), Kravarik 4, Stefanou (λ, 86%), Djuric, Proussalis.
    Belgium: Hoho 10, Van Decraen 7, Van Ghoetem 2, Depestele 1, Coucke 5, Verhelst 6, Callebert, Van Walle 7, Van De Plas

• Marsia, can you tell me the results from the previous tournament ... and your prediction about who from Belgium and Greece will qualify directly and who will play against Poland.

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Woo-Hoo go Greece! :super: I really DON`T wanna play games against them in septemeber so i hope they will win the group and we will see them in Turkey (i`m going there too! :D ) and let Poland play with Belgium again :whistle:

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• At the first tournament (in Belgium), both Greece and Belgium had beaten Sweden and Great Britain, but Greece lost on tie break against Belgium. Here the results so far:
    http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…41/7643/7655/5598_EN.html

Yeah, although I 'm dying to watch Poland in Greece again, I don't wanna see them fighting against us for ONE ticket to EC... So I 'd rather see them playing against each other at the EC, even if not live...

I don't know what's gonna happen... we didn't have the opportunity to watch the first tournament in Antwerp (no broadcasting). Greece played very well yesterday against our main rival, but this victory won't mean anything if we lose today or tomorrow while Belgium wins the rest of the matches.

• At the first tournament (in Belgium), both Greece and Belgium had beaten Sweden and Great Britain, but Greece lost on tie break against Belgium. Here the results so far:
    http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…41/7643/7655/5598_EN.html

Yeah, although I 'm dying to watch Poland in Greece again, I don't wanna see them fighting against us for ONE ticket to EC... So I 'd rather see them playing against each other at the EC, even if not live...

I don't know what's gonna happen... we didn't have the opportunity to watch the first tournament in Antwerp (no broadcasting). Greece played very well yesterday against our main rival, but this victory won't mean anything if we lose today or tomorrow while Belgium wins the rest of the matches.

So, not it's 3:0 for Greece, it was 3:2 for Belgium, so everything depends on Greek team, he has to win no matter how against Great Britain and Sweden and will be at Euro. Poland again Belgium will be interesting.

• Hey Marsia, yip I am in Greece will be there tonight, team manager for the GB team this weekend. If you are there tonight and spot a guy wondering about in a suit supporting GB thats me, come say hi.

• Hey Marsia, yip I am in Greece will be there tonight, team manager for the GB team this weekend. If you are there tonight and spot a guy wondering about in a suit supporting GB thats me, come say hi.

Is there a small chance for Great Britain to qualify... what are their results from the previous tournament?

• Think the best we can hope for is 3rd, if we can take a set or two. Results from previous tournament

GBR 0 - 3 GRE

GBR 0 - 3 BEL

GBR 1 - 3 SWE

• Hm, brown suit? :)
    Belgium beat Sweden in straight sets (26-24, 32-30, 25-22). Also a 3-0 victory for Greece against Great Britain, the Greeks won the first two sets very easily but the British squad fought hard in the third one (25-9, 25-12, 26-24). The British libero had some spectacular digs, I have to say.

• Yes brown suit!!

Wish the guys had played better in first two sets, could have made for a good game, first time we have faced real bombs of serve. Looking forward to the games tomorrow. :drink:

• GBR 0 - 3 BEL (13-25,14-25,21-25)

GRE 3 - SWE (25-19,25-20,25-23)

• So, we are playing Belgium.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Pool A
    1. Slovakia 11
    2. Czech Rep. 11
    3. Ukraine 8
    4. Romania 6

Pool B