World Championships 2010

• The 2010 FIVB Men's Volleyball World Championship will be held in Italy from 24 September 2010 to 10 October 2010. 24 teams will participate in the tournament.
    Draws will be on 28th October

Qualified teams:
    Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Bulgaria, Russia, Poland, Italy, Germany, France, Serbia, Czech Rep, Spain, China, Australia, Japan, Iran, USA, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Canada, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia, Cameroon.

Venues:

• Turin - Palasport Olimpico
    • Milan - Datch Forum
    • Verona - PalaOlimpia
    • Trieste - PalaTrieste
    • Modena - PalaPanini
    • Florence - Nelson Mandela Forum
    • Ancona - Banca Marche Palace
    • Rome - PalaLottomatica
    • Reggio Calabria - PalaCalafiore
    • Catania - PalaNesima

Competition Formula
    There are 3 rounds. In the 1st 24 teams are divided into 6 groups with 4 in each one - A,B,C,D,E,F. First three of each group qualifies for the 2nd round. In the 2nd round there are again 6 groups - G,H,I,L,M,N. From the latter quailifies only 1st and 2nd ranked teams.

Groups
    1st Round
    Pool A - Italy, Japan, Egypt, Iran
    Pool B - Brazil, Spain, Cuba, Tunisia
    Pool C - Russia, Puerto Rico, Australia, Cameroun
    Pool D - USA, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico
    Pool E - Bulgaria, China, France, Czech Rep.
    Pool F - Poland, Serbia, Germany, Canada

2nd Round
    Pool G - A1, C2, F3
    Pool H - B1, F2, D3
    Pool I - C1, A2, B3
    Pool L - D1, E2, C3
    Pool M - E1, D2, A3
    Pool N - F1, B2, E3

3rd Round
    Pool O - G1, L2, M2
    Pool R - L1, G2, N2
    Pool P - H1, M1, I2
    Pool Q - I1, N1, H2

• I don't think Poland might be 1st, but this ranking seems to be a little bit odd to me :huh:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Poland 6th? I think We should be 5th...
    Nvm. Ranking isn't so important. The most important is our game, if We'll play well, then it doesn't matter wich place in the ranking we have, or against who we'll play. It think it may be good ;) Although WCh are next year. :D

• This ranking uses history and calculates not only medals. Now in Europe Poland is first, but for the last 4 years you have downs also, so the average is this.

• I have read about this already. I know how will be the table except 5th and 6th.

• Pool A
    Italy (host), France (11), + 2 teams
    Pool B
    Brazil (1), Spain (10), + 2 teams
    Pool C
    Russia (2), Puerto Rico (9), + 2 teams
    Pool D
    USA (3), Argentina (8 ), + 2 teams
    Pool E
    Bulgaria (4), China (7), + 2 teams
    Pool F
    Serbia (5), Poland (6), + 2 teams

Drawing of lots 28 Oct., teams: Japan, Cuba, Germany, Australia, Venezuela, Egypt, Tunisia, Czech Rep., Cameroon, Iran, Canada, Mexico.

• That's good we are not in the Pool A. Serbia and Poland will fight for the first place. Other teams, which will be playing against them, shouldn't play a big role. No matter, what teams it will be.

The most important 3:

• will it be the same way with women championship? in respect of world ranking?

• Where is in this calculation Bulgaria, Mariusz? Ignorance or what?

• Pool A
    Italy, Japan, Egypt, Iran
    Pool B
    Brazil, Spain, Cuba, Tunisia
    Pool C
    Russia, Puerto Rico, Australia, Cameroon
    Pool D
    USA, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico
    Pool E
    Bulgaria, China, France, Czech Rep.
    Pool F
    Serbia, Poland, Germany, Canada

• The good groups for USA, Russia and Italy can play them bad joke - they will be unprepared for the next round

• Pool A
    Italy, Japan, Egypt, Iran
    Pool B
    Brazil, Spain, Cuba, Tunisia
    Pool C
    Russia, Puerto Rico, Australia, Cameroon
    Pool D
    USA, Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico
    Pool E
    Bulgaria, China, France, Czech Rep.
    Pool F
    Serbia, Poland, Germany, Canada

My Prediction :

Pool A - Italy and Japan

Pool B - Brazil and Cuba

Pool C - Russia and Puerto Rico

Pool D - USA and Argentina

Pool E - Bulgaria and France

Pool F - Serbia and Poland

• Where is in this calculation Bulgaria, Mariusz? Ignorance or what?

no ignorance :wavy: ( I don't believe Bulgaria is able to win against Brazil)

looks like semis :

Italy - USA or Poland or Cuba
    Brazil or Bulgaria - Russia or Poland or Cuba or France

Italy should be qualified to semifinal without any problem !

• ( I don't believe Bulgaria is able to win against Brazil)

It's not like we didn't do it a couple of times :P ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• a big lol at group A . it's sound like a joke ,but Italy is a host so that's probably the reason for this extremaly weak group. seems that group B and F are the most competative. group F also looks strong. group D and C has clear favourites

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Semis :

Italy x Cuba
    Brazil x Rússia

• Not an easy group for Poland - no really weak team, but of course we don't have to be affraid too much. On the other hand, another game against Lozano's Germany might be difficult again. As well as against Serbia. Even Canada - the weakest in this group - know how to play volleyball. D and E also look interesting and A and C are the weakest.

The most important 3:

• And I see very arranged formula and draw. The only teams that can beat Brazil in the preliminary rounds are Bulgaria and France. But who knows - we can face Italy in 3rd round if France can beat us, because this is very possible with this float serve. If this happens in the 3rd round we will face Italy or Cuba. and this might be our way ot semis. In the 2nd round -we'll be with Argentina or USA. I think that Bulgaria will play for every game won't make any mistake or calculations. France is making big games against big opponents. If they play Brazil like with Russia in 1/2final of ECH they may surprise them. We have some style like the Brazilians, but Brazil for sure will make this game a battle to death. They can't afford going to 5th place at most.

• easy draw for us, maybe because we are the hosts, really.
    anyway Italy doesn't play good volleyball since 2005 maybe, but playing at home...mmmh....don't underestimate us, in 2005 we already began our descent of level but we beated Russia in the final of Euro Championships played in Rome.
    when we play at home we can beat anyone...i think 3rd place can be a good target ;)
    i see Brasil, Usa and Poland very good for this Cup, Bulgaria, Italy and Cuba possible revelations.
    beware also of France and Serbia but it depends on how they finish first pool...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>