Qualification Tournament to World League 2011

• Yes, yes :) Korea have won the 3rd set and have taken the lead 2-1. No matter how this match ends, tomorrow will be very very interesting, especially knowing that these 2 teams know each other very well and can't get surprised. But finally a visitor has taken 2 sets in a qualification match for WL.

• LOL, Korea won 3-1 in Nagano. I kinda can't believe that. I expected probably a 5 set match, but this is huge - 3 points to Korea and they only need 2 sets tomorrow to stay in WL.

• I like the team of Korea..I don't know what happened in this WL that they can't play well..

Sung Moon played in this game as OH and Park (he did not play WL) as Opp..IMO this is the best for Korea.they have a nice attack and i hope that they can win tomorrow.

• Korea in World League 2011. Japan second time in a row lost in 2nd round of qualification to World League. Japan second time has easy way and lost :) This is what doing combinations.

• Yes, yes, yes :) Korea have won another 3-1 match and will stay in the WL. Bye, bye Japan, this is what you receive after having the easiest opponents for 2nd time in a row.

Now hopefully Puerto Rico will thrash China.

• Korea played best matches in last year :obey: well done...Park and Moon were much better then Shimitzu and Fukuzawa. I thought Japs will have easy job according to Korea last performances in WL and on AVC, home ground, injury problems in Korea (Moon and Park were injured just few days before matches). Also Koreans well used their bench player, nice contribution from them. I belived in Japan for reasons I mentioned above but Korea deservedly won :win:

• Korea were may be in the strongest group in the WL, that's the reason they lost their games. They have phenomenal concentration on serving and defense and were close in couple of games, but Brazil, Bulgaria and Netherlands showed class against them.

• Well, next year probably Korea will have to play qualification matches again, together with Egypt (unless China stays in the competition). There are just no weak teams in the competition and especially after they introduced these qualifications, in several years there will be only strong teams in the WL and perhaps no Asian and African team left.

I'm curious though why the African association picked Tunisia for these qualifications as Algeria seem to be stronger and are even higher ranked in FIVB.

• Yeah :) It seems China will crash out of the WL, along with Japan, that's what they deserve. Next year will be very interesting in the competition.

• Only one team from Asia next year. I think that FIVB soon will change the formula because I don't remember the time that China and Japan are out frim big tournaments - especially Japan's 2 year period now...

• If they are not good enough why should they participate, just filling the places instead some good teams that can actually do something. If they play crap, they have no work in the WL, so bye bye China and Japan and welcome to Puerto Rico.

• If they are not good enough why should they participate, just filling the places instead some good teams that can actually do something. If they play crap, they have no work in the WL, so bye bye China and Japan and welcome to Puerto Rico.

You think it will be better with Puerto Rico? No way. If they had played in China, I am sure that China would qualify for WL, simply they are poor in away matches. FIVB is insisting on asian teams from commercial reasons IMO. Just look their home matches, hall is always full, probably nice money is made thoughout TV rights etc... money is only important thing and I expect FIVB will change rules and let at least 2 asian teams in WL.

• Yeah, I think it will be better and more interesting with Puerto Rico, and the volleyball halls in the American region are also full, look at Cuba's, Brazil's and Argentina's attendance when they play home matches and I expect the same case when Puerto Rico play home matches, I know that volleyball is popular there. My point is that attendance should not be the main factor, but rather strength of teams, I want to watch the best 16 teams in the WL, not the teams with most attendance. Unfortunately, I know that FIVB is more concerned about attendance, though.

• I don't know about you, but I read that big reforms are gonna be implemented from next year's WL edition. There are gonna be again 4 groups with 4 teams each, but one of the groups will consist of the 4 highest ranked teams in the FIVB ranking (Brazil, Russia, USA, Serbia as of now) and there will be Final 8 (not Final 6), and the teams that qualify will be the first 3 from the "big" group + the winners of the other 3 groups + the home team + another team which will be the winner of a 4-team mini-tournament (the 4th team from the "big" group and all 2nd placed teams from the other groups). So, basically it will become easier for teams like Bulgaria, Italy, Poland and Cuba to qualify, because they are not in the first 4 places in the ranking. Anyway, I'm gonna wait to see if this is really good for the WL and if it's interesting.