European Championships 2011

• Ok I was wrong :D I don't expect that Slovakia has so strong mentality. Good game by Slovakia and congratz. Im really disappointed attitude of the Bulgarians, I have expected much more from them. Tomorrow game for life for Poland and Bulgaria. (for sure Poland will lost today, they haven't really atacker and setter)

For sure, for sure....... :roll: Just like Bulgaria should have won against Slovakia, right? Please, don't say such things, I think this match proved that our group is not only the toughest, but also the most equal and unpredictable.

Come on guys! :heart:

• This game was lost by Stoychev. He just has so much to learn before even gets to the level of mid-class Italyan coaches like Prandi e.g. First- Gadjanov was much more useless than Todorov, yet he played more than him. Second- putting Bratoev on serve in important moments when Slovaks never had a problem with float serves :down: And third- wasting 2 sets before getting Skrimov on court :(

• Ok, now serious, do you REALLY think that we lost because of Todorov ??? That if he played well we will go for 3-0 ?!

most important reason for the lost is the attitude especially in the first 2 sets, they were playing so slow, so calm ?( like they have the whole time in the world and nothing really bothers them. Slovakia is a good team, but they only won cause they've played with a lot of passion and desire, that's all. I know it is normal for our team to start really slow in all championships and whoever predicted an easy vicory for Bulgaria certanly don't know the history. We will lost tomorrow again, probably again in a 5 setter, no matter how potentioally week Poland might be.

• Ok, now serious, do you REALLY think that we lost because of Todorov ??? That if he played well we will go for 3-0 ?!

Yes, we lost because of the absence from of Todorov from the match, who is the reason for our block since Radostin Stoychev decided to change the tactics and the triple block is rare now. In every match this year in which Todorov didn't play, except for Japan, we lost - Argentina, Poland, France, Slovenia, Slovakia. We can't win without block, we can't force the opponent to make errors without Todorov block to respect him. We don't have fluent spiking with all players independent of the reception, our reception is weak, therefore we need to block a lot, like against Italy.

• Also a total lack of knowledge about Slovakian attack- only 2 block in first 2 sets. Just like the game vs. Argentina in Gdansk

• Slovakia's victory over Bulgaria shows, that situation in our group might be very interesting and every single game will be important. Slovaks are quite good, but their win today is a surprise.
    Now - go Poland! (although I have bad feelings: 2008 OG - POL-GER 3:0, 2009 ECH - POL-GER 3:1, 2010 WCH - POL-GER 3:2, 2011 ECH - POL-GER...? ?( )

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Yes, we lost because of the absence from of Todorov from the match, who is the reason for our block since Radostin Stoychev decided to change the tactics and the triple block is rare now. In every match this year in which Todorov didn't play, except for Japan, we lost - Argentina, Poland, France, Slovenia, Slovakia. We can't win without block, we can't force the opponent to make errors without Todorov block to respect him. We don't have fluent spiking with all players independent of the reception, our reception is weak, therefore we need to block a lot, like against Italy.

Well, do you want to tell me that Todorov's weak(?) performance is the reason that in 99% of our serves their reception goes above their setter's head? Or is it Todorov's fault that Alexiev made the blockers' skin red from spiking in their hands? Or that Kaziyski started so asleep that i think i saw him wearing a pillow in the bench?
    Now, I'm not telling you that Todorov played well, but I think you're trying to tell me that the game of a medal contender is totally and solely dependant on a 20 or so year old MB ?! No disrespect, mate, but this is ridiculous...

raylight is right on this one. In the 5th set till 8th point, Slovakians had 3 or 4 single block attacks, not bcoz of some great setting, but bcoz Gadjanov was very disoriented and always late

• raylight is right on this one. In the 5th set till 8th point, Slovakians had 3 or 4 single block attacks, not bcoz of some great setting, but bcoz Gadjanov was very disoriented and always late

We shouldn't have gone to tiebreak...
    You talk about single points and situations and I talk about that the whole team played extremely poorly. If we played on 50% of our capabilities, no one would remember that Todorov hasn't been playing.

• raylight is right on this one. In the 5th set till 8th point, Slovakians had 3 or 4 single block attacks, not bcoz of some great setting, but bcoz Gadjanov was very disoriented and always late

I don't get that Gadjanov played the whole match, really :down: he has 0 experience and is just an avarage MB in the relativly low Bulgarian league.
    And 3 match point's in the tiebreak, Todorov should have played them...

• Well, do you want to tell me that Todorov's weak(?) performance is the reason that in 99% of our serves their reception goes above their setter's head? Or is it Todorov's fault that Alexiev made the blockers' skin red from spiking in their hands? Or that Kaziyski started so asleep that i think i saw him wearing a pillow in the bench?
    Now, I'm not telling you that Todorov played well, but I think you're trying to tell me that the game of a medal contender is totally and solely dependant on a 20 or so year old MB ?! No disrespect, mate, but this is ridiculous...

In such tight matches our blocking is the difference

• Either we serve at max and block well or we have to learn the defense as Armel said. Slovakia scored 88 points from attack, and this is not only because of the block!

• Ok I give up. When the leaders of the team play like shit we blame the weakest players who play what they can. Yes it IS Stoychev's fault that he left Gadzhanov in the field.
    I don't know who are you blaiming Stoychev or Gadzhanov, but if it is Gadzhanov - it's not serious, what do you expect from him ?
    If there is someone to blame, that is Vlado.

• You talk about single points and situations and I talk about that the whole team played extremely poorly. If we played on 50% of our capabilities, no one would remember that Todorov hasn't been playing.

The team played terribad- yes, but we had set balls in both 1st and 2nd sets + 3 match balls. Every tiny detail and every single point is important, with a bit of luck it could've easily been 3-0 win for us. Anyway, IMO Stoychev fucked up the game badly today

• Either we serve at max and block well or we have to learn the defense as Armel said. Slovakia scored 88 points from attack, and this is not only because of the block!

Slovakians had bad reception, but managed 57%successful spikes, this only shows we had no idea about their attack and about the way Skladany sets. It seems the staff didn't do their homework. I'm sure we'll stop German and Polish attacks better.
    Btw, Poland destroying ze Germans atm :thumbup:

• Slovakians had bad reception, but managed 57%successful spikes, this only shows we had no idea about their attack and about the way Skladany sets. It seems the staff didn't do their homework. I'm sure we'll stop German and Polish attacks better.
    Btw, Poland destroying ze Germans atm :thumbup:

And still we could have won 3:0 if Vlado and Matey could risk more on the matchpoints

• We playing so well now, I can't believe.
    Tfu, tfu, tfu, match didn't ended yet, so I'm gonna shut up.
    :woohoo:

Actually it's Germany suck now. They had too many errors in receiving and serving.
    They'll come back. So Pole guys must concentrate, full percent.