European Championships 2011

• Congratulations once again to the Serbs, they really deserved to win. On Miljkovic's not-the-best-day (he's been often nor the 1st nor the 2nd offensive option) they've showed they're a real team.
    Probably we've lost from the mental PoV in 1st place: too much arguing, and you should know that - even if you're right (take the action that led Savani to discuss with the ref, getting the yellow card) - this kind of attitude harms you. Very bad to see, once the match is over, Berruto saying to someone "Uomo di merda" ("Shitty man")... I wonder who he was addressing to and why...

He said that to CEV comissioner :rolll:

Serbia :obey: :obey:

• FIRST OF ALL - I LOVE MY TEAM! I LOVE POLAND AND POLISH PLAYERS! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! :heart: :heart:
    It was AMAZING victory! AMAZING! I can't stop crying when I think about it. KUREK PLAYED FANTASTIC IN THIS LAST, THE MOST IMPORTANT MATCH!
    Kuba Jarosz, Michal Kubiak - :obey: :obey:
    We have today FANTASTIC spikers! Of course, Igła, Lukasz and all middle blockers were amazing, too! I LOVE THIS DAY!

CONGRATS FOR SERBIA - you showed something to Italy - theirs behavior on the court made me angry, seriously. Berruto should shout his mouth in next matches, because refeeres will let him out from the hall - he deserved to go away today!
    MILJKOVIC IS MY HERO - it's a symbol, that if you are older you can be better and better, still one of the best in the world.

THANKS TO THE ALL TEAMS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT! AMAZING EXPERIENCE AND BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES! :super:
    Thanks to all people, who were supporters of polish team and not just polish! Thanks to all supporters, who were on hall today - amazing atmosphery! :drink:

THIS IS THE END ;( ;(

• congrats to serbia BUT i'm very angry for the audience it's a SHAME!! really rude!!uneducated!! and i underline when italin NT was rewarded!!! i don't belive it!!

• Before the quaterfinals a lot of people'd said that Bulgaria was the only team that can beat Russia. Ironically now it seems that Bulgaria is the only team that can't beat Russia. :white:
    Well done to Serbia, the team that knows when to play their best matches. :obey:

• I think, that it's a humility lesson for italian players. I don't want to be unpleasant, but I was in shock by theirs behavior today. Theirs self-confident makes me angry. Berutto should go away from the hall.

• Thank you. :flower: Happy for Mikhaylov, Kurek, Podrascanin, Kovacevic and Miljkovic. ^^

Just dont understand why Travica has been designated as the best setter ?!!?!?!!!?!!

• Italians started complaining about something and cursing the Serbian players. And then the crowd booed them and continued booing them during the medals ceremony.

Especially Mastrangelo disbehaved after the match :down: :down:

• Italians started complaining about something and cursing the Serbian players. And then the crowd booed them and continued booing them during the medals ceremony.

Great! So - if in 2 weeks I'll manage to be in Beograd for the girls' finals - my chances to get a warm welcome by local supporters have definitely increased... :whistling:

• Congrats to our neighbors!!! The most unexpected champion we have had for quite some time, but absolutely deserved, without even losing a game in the tournament! Reminds me of Poland in 2009. Imagine what it feels like to be Uros Kovacevic right now :D

• Congrats to our neighbors!!! The most unexpected champion we have had for quite some time, but absolutely deserved, without even losing a game in the tournament! Reminds me of Poland in 2009. Imagine what it feels like to be Uros Kovacevic right now :D

Indeed really unexpected. I think Russia was for everybody the huge candidate for the title. :win: :P

• Serbia rullzz :win: Milkovic wanted the title so much, he played really great.... BRAVO BRAVO VERY NICE :thumbsup:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• What can I say?
    First of all, compliment to Serbia, that played great, intense, strong in serve and block, determinated. The best symbol of their strenght to me was the three italian pipes blocked: huge. :white:

And compliments to all the awarded :D

Of course I'm sorry because we lost the final, but I can't complain my guys, it was a tough match vs a great and determinate team. I'm still so proud of them, they lead Italy back to the podium after 6 years without any medal, with courage, hard work, sacrifice. We didn't lost the gold medal, we won the silver medal.
    I have to thanks Mastro, because he was simply great, so important for this team in blocking, attacking, serving (and in the most important moments!), even defending. Evergreen. MVP of the team.
    I hoped he could won the best blocker awards, unfortunally he didn't, but Podrascanin is my second favourite blocker after him, so..:)

I have to thanks Sava, with his MB-attack%, with his courage, with his deterimination. Exept vs France, he couldn't have done better. He always hides his not perfect reception with blocks, aces, defense. Cold in the most important action. True capitain.
    I'm sorry he didn't won any awards too.

I have to thanks Simo. Be back at the european after his terrible injury, and playing so well... I'm so sorry for that last ball when we were sooo close to the tie break. I'm afraid you won't be able to forget this moment, and I don't know what you were thinking when you decided to left that ball. I won't probably forget that moment too, but at the same time I won't forget you blocking Milijkovic twice, you smiling for your first opportunity to play longer than just for reception, your wonderful tip in that difficoult moment... you did so much for the team, seeing you again on court was amazing. I missed you! Welcome back!

I want to thanks GIOVI, that lead us to the quarter, and that this summer became a father and played for the first time in the NT. And did it well! And I have to thanks BARI, because he had the patient to wait, and did his best. I don't think his best is so high, but I did what he had too. I'm not so sure he deserved the award as best libero, I like Igla a lot, but I'm sure I worked a lot for playing at his best.

I want to thanks DRAGO, even if I think he can be more precise in setting (expecially for Mastro), he showed to be able of being lucid and concentrate in the most important moment, and he always contribuite with his carachters and with many points in blocking, "tipping", serving; I simply wonder when he and Birarelli will find a better "intesa" (?), because we need that. And I'm glad he won the prize of the best setter.

I want to thanks all the others, starting from Mika and Ivan, for who I'm sorry a bit because I'm sure he wanted to do more for the team; Buti and Birarelli, even if I would have kill him in the final xD; Maruotti, Sabbi, Boninfante, Barone for all the "behind the scenes" works.

I want to thanks our coach, that lead the team to the podium after so many years, and that always have the right word in the right moment. I want to thank him for trusting in this new Italy, for loving this guy and respecting them so much.
    That was the most important match of your career, but the good things is: I'm sure you'll have many others oppostunities! If I have to find a difect in all the tournament and the training before it, is just leaving Birarelli on court today for so long. And the yellow card vs Finland.The coach that makes us dream.

:)

I was just sorried about the whistle, Serbian public (not the players!!) was quite unpleasant, they whistled right after our anthem (really offensive), they whistled Travica (I forgot to smile for the photo :whistle: . Poor Drago, he was so uspet...) too much when he was awarded (may be because he is from Croatia?), and all Italy when we got our medal. Fortunally (or better, unfortunally..) I won't never know what would have happend if we had won. :what:

About your complains on italians behaviuor, It's hard to be partial to me, of course, but I was honestly surprised for your comments. I think we really overeacted only when Sava took the yellow card, even if I think that Sava as capitain had all the right to speak with the referee. He also told to his teammates to stay apart and calm and let him speak. The yellow card should have been for the bench, not for him, imo. Also because he was the one that "touched" (=_=) the ball, not the bench. Often we (and Serbia too) admit after the referee call that we touched the ball, or that it was in. But when I'll saw this match againg, I'll pay attention on this topic. BTW, I still think that volleyball (expecially male) needs replay.

• I think both teams behaved badly and South - European, but one of them won

• I think both teams behaved badly and South - European, but one of them won

Well, the only time it happend to me to see a referee giving a red card was to Yosifov, BTW :P

It's just to say that nobody is a saint ;) . I think that what you called "behaved badly" is a normal reaction in match like that, that has to be very stressfull. It's like getting anger when you see smth that you consider to be unfair. Like when you have to cross the street and the cars are running not caring about you :) And in a match like this you can have the impression that smth fair was unfair, it's normal. I don't think nodoby meant to cheat or similar. I saw players from both the teams admitting a touch or a ball in when the referees made the call, so imo when they were arguing it was in good faith. May be I trust too much in people morals, but I had this impression generally. I'll pay more attention when I'll watch the match again.

Mastro at the end overreacted a bit, that's true, but I don't know if he was speaking to himself (to the situation, like when you say "fuck" or similar if you hurt smth with your toes xD) or to someone else.

Well, the only time it happend to me to see a referee giving a red card was to Yosifov, BTW

one of the craziest moment of the whole Serie A last year, with no doubt :lol: poor Viktor!

anyway Michi I guess I just have to quote your whole post :) thank you everyone (expect Birarelli.. I'm kidding :D haha)
    I'm disappointed a bit but still happy because we've got a medal after so many years, 2005 was such a long time ago.

• oh, come on guys, lets be honest here - italians do that all the time, stressing referees is a part of their game. if score is close italians will argue hoping to get some benefits out of making referee feeling uncomfortable. i watch volleyball for over 2 decades now and seen it all too often. then women's ech will come we will see it all over again. sometimes it gets ugly like today sometimes just unpleasant but it's a strategy and it will continue as long as referees are not willing to give yellow cards for such beheavior straight away.

• oh, common guys, lets be honest here - italians do that all the time, stressing referees is a part of their game. if score is close italians will argue hoping to get some benefits out of making referee feeling uncomfortable. i watch volleyball for over 2 decades now and seen it all too often. then women's ech will come we will see it all over again. sometimes it gets ugly like today sometimes just unpleasant but it's a strategy and it will continue as long as referees are not willing to give yellow cards for such beheavior straight away.

Agree. But to be fair: it's not only Italy. Brazil does the same (at least their headcoaches: Bernardinho and Ze Roberto) :teach:

In general you can say: South-European countries and South-American countries. Exceptions are possible of course :teach: