World League 2011

• this guy called Kaziyski - Kazinski 8| a couple of times and also said our team is a nightmare and that's why we have changed the coaches so much in the last couple of years ?(

hahah Drzyzga, polish commentator calls Matey Kazinski as well...Kaziński to be more precise :D I can't stand it, when he calls Matey like that :rolll:

• this guy called Kaziyski - Kazinski 8| a couple of times and also said our team is a nightmare and that's why we have changed the coaches so much in the last couple of years ?(

He was rght for the second. Bulgarian players have negative synergie in collective sports - they play worse than in their clubs.

• Here I agree only to some extent. His constant WOOOOOW-s were kinda irritating to me, they sound just too American :D Apart from that he made some mistakes with players' names and zones - something a good commentator and a knowledgeable volleyball fan should know. Otherwise, he was commenting well enough, I agree, I definitely preferred him to our national TV commentator even though the American guy should still improve ;)

Guys, you don't know who the commentator is? It is Paul Sunderland, a 1984 gold medalist with US national team, and one of the best voices for volleyball in the country (US). He and Chris Marlow were voices of beach volleyball during their growth in the early 1990s on NBC. Sunderland has massive volume of knowledge in the game. Plus he was broadcasting all of the matches for the FIVB from Poland (even did it last year too). He has been the lead announcer for US matches (when they get on TV).

The guy knows when a player has just crushed a ball or makes a massive mistake. He calls it like he sees it and played it.

• Yes, I knew that, he mentioned sometimes that he played against Conte and Quiroga's dads. And I don't dispute his volleyball knowledge and understanding. I'm only telling that I don't like his accent(he can do nothing about it, so do I) and his pronunciation of some players' names. I mean, we can spell all the English and American names, so why can't they spell the Eastern-european players' names correctly? The Britts for 4 or 5 years never learnt that DImitar BErbatov is spelled actually DimItar BerbAtov. Sorry for :offtopic:

• Yes, I knew that, he mentioned sometimes that he played against Conte and Quiroga's dads. And I don't dispute his volleyball knowledge and understanding. I'm only telling that I don't like his accent(he can do nothing about it, so do I) and his pronunciation of some players' names. I mean, we can spell all the English and American names, so why can't they spell the Eastern-european players' names correctly? The Britts for 4 or 5 years never learnt that DImitar BErbatov is spelled actually DimitAr BerbAtov. Sorry for :offtopic:

For 38 million pounds you can bring him home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzTq_VzarVQ

• Guys, you don't know who the commentator is? It is Paul Sunderland, a 1984 gold medalist with US national team, and one of the best voices for volleyball in the country (US). He and Chris Marlow were voices of beach volleyball during their growth in the early 1990s on NBC. Sunderland has massive volume of knowledge in the game. Plus he was broadcasting all of the matches for the FIVB from Poland (even did it last year too). He has been the lead announcer for US matches (when they get on TV).

The guy knows when a player has just crushed a ball or makes a massive mistake. He calls it like he sees it and played it.

OK, I know who he is, I've heard him comment before, just couldn't recognize his voice this time. But my note stays. Despite being a pro player himself and a native English speaker, he made some mistakes that a guy like him shouldn't make - like not being able to find the difference when an OH or an opposite attacks. I know we are all people and make mistakes, also he is an American, not a European, which probably means he doesn't watch some of the European NT-s and players that often, that's OK, but being on air in the final round of such a competition with an audience from all over the world means you shouldn't make low-level mistakes ;) Exactly because he is an experienced ex-player/commentator!

• what does this is supposed to mean? ?(

It is a joke I have seen on Didi Berbatov, right before he joined Manchester United. For only 38 million pounds you can bring him to Manchester United according to Wayne Rooney's puppet on Special1TV with Jose Mourinho's puppet.

• It is a joke I have seen on Didi Berbatov, right before he joined Manchester United. For only 38 million pounds you can bring him to Manchester United according to Wayne Rooney's puppet on Special1TV with Jose Mourinho's puppet.

I've watched most of these episodes :thumbsup: They are good indeed! :)

• So Slovakia will play against Canada, and China against Egypt.
    Then Team with better win/sets will play against Puerto Rico, second Team against Portugal.
    China wants to play against Puerto Rico.. They think that Puerto Rico is very weak because of the last place in the World League but They played against World Champion, Olympic Champion and Europe Champion.
    I hope in the next edition I will have chance to watch Hector Soto.

• So Slovakia will play against Canada, and China against Egypt.
    Then Team with better win/sets will play against Puerto Rico, second Team against Portugal.
    China wants to play against Puerto Rico.. They think that Puerto Rico is very weak because of the last place in the World League but They played against World Champion, Olympic Champion and Europe Champion.
    I hope in the next edition I will have chance to watch Hector Soto.

Agreed, though I'm Chinese, I don't really think my team could survive the qualification.
    Puerto Rico will never be an easy opponent, they were just so unlucky to play in a pool together with USA BRA and POL.

• Welcome!!! Добре дошли!!! :)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Bulgaria - Russia 1.07.2011 WL Varna Hghlights

• Bulgaria in World League 2011 Final round, ultra slow motion

• Bulgaria in the World League 201 Final round 2nd video ( regular slow motion )