European League 2011

• Spain-Austria 3-1 (25-20,22-25,25-21,25-17)

still first

1.Greece 6 (6-2)
    ---------------------------
    2.Spain 6 (6-3) 3g.
    3.Netherlands 3 (3-3)
    4.Austria 0 (3-9) 3g.

• the netherlands - greece 3-2 (25-19,23-25,25-18,21-25,11-15) 5th set : 8-10,15-11 :down: :down:

1.spain 9 (9-5) 4 games

2.greece 7 (8-5) 3 games
    3.the netherlands 5 (6-5) 3 games
    4.austria 0 (4-12) 4 games

• Belgium - Great Britain: 0 - 3 (21-25,24-26,16-25)
    cev

This is getting a little embarrassing.

Don't get me wrong: the British have a decent team with some experienced players (Pipes McGivern) and talent (Bakare).
    But the Belgian line-up should at least be somewhat competitive: Kruyner, Van Walle, Verhees, Van de Voorde, Verhanneman, Hoho - those are all players who have proved their great potential at some point.

A number of players doesn't participate in this tournament: Depestele, Raymaekers, Van de Craen, Callebert (mosty injuries or extra rest).

Last week performance wasn't too convincing (2x 1-3 loss against Slovenia) and now this. Not a single player scores over 40% in attack (except for Verhees, who scores 2 out of 4)
    Dejonckheere is a new libero and struggled in serve reception a lot last week, but apparently he was better yesterday.
    Unfortunately, Hoho got injured last night.

I hope they'll be able to show something this afternoon. Because, at this point, Belgium is probably the weakest team in this European League.

• Belgium - Great Britain: 0 - 3 (21-25,24-26,16-25)

8o I suppose British players must have been very happy. Precious result for them.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• 8o I suppose British players must have been very happy. Precious result for them.

Today, Belgium won 3-1 cev

Better performance this time. Most remarkable stat: 16 blocks by Belgium.
    Bakare couldn't match last night's performance (only 29% in attack and many mistakes).

Belgian coach Gewehr said in an interview on radio today he gave the team a big preach after last night's game, in which he kicked several tables, injuring his tow nail!
    Apparently, that did the trick.

• I watched Belgium and GB. I thought Belgium would be stronger. I did not like their game. Maybe it's because of NT season, but i think they need to play much better to a decent tem in ECh.

• I think it's reasonable to expect Belgium to beat GB if you look at where the players of each team play. But you know volleyball; if it's not a team, the player potential will not show.. but I'm not worried about Belgium, they need time and experience and that is what this European league is giving them. And as expected they won the second match.

I actually like the GB team now though. Just nice to see they have at least something that looks like a real team.

• I saw the second Netherlands vs Greece game. First of all, not a good level, especially very poor by the Greek team. Both of these teams definitely do not belong in the World League. It was nice to see our talents play quite well though. I like Hogendoorn, he hits so easily and has great technique. I think the main thing he can improve upon is his physique by making it stronger. Also like Abdelaziz as a setter, he has good attacking skills, but very nice setting skills as well. I remember seeing him play live and he has tremendous ball control.

Still the Dutch serve is very high risc. For some reason, the only consitent server the Netherlands has produced recently is van Dijk, the others all have very high risk serves... perhaps Kooy and Horstink are exceptions sometimes.

• I saw the second Netherlands vs Greece game. First of all, not a good level, especially very poor by the Greek team. Both of these teams definitely do not belong in the World League. It was nice to see our talents play quite well though. I like Hogendoorn, he hits so easily and has great technique. I think the main thing he can improve upon is his physique by making it stronger. Also like Abdelaziz as a setter, he has good attacking skills, but very nice setting skills as well. I remember seeing him play live and he has tremendous ball control.

Still the Dutch serve is very high risc. For some reason, the only consitent server the Netherlands has produced recently is van Dijk, the others all have very high risk serves... perhaps Kooy and Horstink are exceptions sometimes.

It is easier to serve when you are 215 cm, you see the pitch better, you do not need to jump that much to hit the line with the ball, look how Muserskiy is serving for example

• I'm a little bit sad because I don't have chance to watch any match from European League. It's a shame. I really like Greece especially Mitar Djuric. Does he play in this competition? And what about Smaragdis? I like him too :roll:

• I'm a little bit sad because I don't have chance to watch any match from European League. It's a shame. I really like Greece especially Mitar Djuric. Does he play in this competition? And what about Smaragdis? I like him too :roll:

Dude, you can watch Greece's matches on laola1.tv, but I don't think you'll be very pleased with what you see, they played quite bad against the Netherlands. Mitar Djuric is not playing. Romeliotis is the opposite. I might've seen Smaragdis, but not sure.

• Who's Romeliotis? 8| I don't understand why Djuric doesn't play. Is he injured or something?
    Thank you for this website. When I end school I will have some time to watch :)

• Who's Romeliotis? 8|

I think HeeelMooi mentioned Roumeliotis. Well-known and experienced Greek player.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Oh, I don't remember him from matches in NT. He probably didn't play in NT for a very long time I guess.

• Djuric will not play this summer because he needs some rest.Smaragdis,Lappas and some other players did not join the team because of injuries...

• last 2-3 years he is captain and regular player

Well, I guess I am selectively blind. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's influence of Djuric. He doesn't let me see anybody beside him. Seriously. I can't take my eyes off of him :P