Junior World Championships 2011

• Bulgaria - Denmark 3:0 - 25:13, 25:9, 25:10

• congrats! :drink:

Are you sure?
    It looks like Belgium is in a good position to claim the qualification as best among 2nd placed teams.
    But how will they compare with pools A and B, in which 5 teams competed.
    Obviously, you cannot decide on who's best 2nd place, based on points. Is it the set ratio that will decide?

• I'm really curious to see this Francisco Ruiz playing in Senior. I don't know if he will be so godd like in Youth/Junior. He has only 1.78m. If he can play in a good level in Senior it will be a great surprise for me.

• This year he has been playing already in Superleague and he has been scoring around 15 points every match. He also played with the Senior National team of Spain last year and done it really really good. A great future awaits him...

• But how will they compare with pools A and B, in which 5 teams competed.
    Obviously, you cannot decide on who's best 2nd place, based on points. Is it the set ratio that will decide?

4.7.2.2 Points awarded per match to each team:
    • Winner 3:0 or 3:1 3 points
    • Winner 3:2 2 points
    • Loser 2:3 1 point
    • Loser 1:3 or 0:3 0 point

4.7.2.3 In case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in descending
    order by the number of the matches won.

4.7.2.4 If the tie persists, as per number of matches won, they will be classified in descending order by the set quotient
    resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost.

4.7.2.5 If the tie persists, as per the set quotient, they will be classified in descending order by the set points quotient
    resulting from the division of all set points scored by the total of set points lost during all sets.

4.7.2.6 If the tie continues, as per the sets points quotient, the teams are ranked according to the result(s) of the
    match(es), which the teams have disputed between them.

• Sure, these rules is what you can expect to decide on the ranking in a single pool.
    But, there's no rule in there that will compare multiple pools (2 4-team pools and 2 5-team pools) to decide on the best 2nd placed team.

Anyway, assuming set ratio will be a major rule, it looks like Belgium is in best spot (8/3).
    The Belgian federation website just announced that the team qualified for the World Championship, which is great.
    See if they can do better than last junior team that clinched 6th place in the final standing.

• Great :win: I was desperate at the end of the third set when Poland was leading 22-18, and the odds were 11 against 1 according to bookmakers, but I am happy that the boys proved me and them wrong! They won the mental battle with Poland, winning with less errors on serve :obey: Welcome to Rio 3D :thumbsup:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU

• Sure, these rules is what you can expect to decide on the ranking in a single pool.
    But, there's no rule in there that will compare multiple pools (2 4-team pools and 2 5-team pools) to decide on the best 2nd placed team.

Anyway, assuming set ratio will be a major rule, it looks like Belgium is in best spot (8/3).
    The Belgian federation website just announced that the team qualified for the World Championship, which is great.
    See if they can do better than last junior team that clinched 6th place in the final standing.

as far as ı know when comparing two team (one 4-team pool and 5-team pool) they would decrease the point of team which earned from 5th team in the group

• Congratulations for Bulgarian team...I think with all these games in Sofia, especially the last one we proved that we deserve a place in WCH. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Well, congratulations... :pinch:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Well, I think it was qite unfortunate that Poland, Bulgaria and France were drown toghether in the same pool. All three teams would have chances to qualify at the other pools.
    Poland played fantastic the last match with Bulgaria, they have better stats overall at every element of the game, but commited too many errors and that made the difference at the end, as well as the host advantage Bulgaria had.

• probably post in the wrong thread. The girls qualify.

No no,I knew the system with set ratio first and I knew that no team could do better than Belgium so we could claim the last spot as best second ranked team =)

I'm proud both boys and girls qualify for the WC =)

• Well, I think it was qite unfortunate that Poland, Bulgaria and France were drown toghether in the same pool. All three teams would have chances to qualify at the other pools.
    Poland played fantastic the last match with Bulgaria, they have better stats overall at every element of the game, but commited too many errors and that made the difference at the end, as well as the host advantage Bulgaria had.

Ragin made three consecutive blocks at the end of the fourth set to change the game's direction

• Men's Junior Wworld Championship drawing of lots held in Brazil

CSV President Dr Ary Graça speaks at 2011 FIVB Volleyball Men's Junior World Championship Drawing of Lots on Saturday

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 4, 2011 – Hosts and defending champions Brazil will face USA, Japan and Bulgaria in the 2011 FIVB Volleyball Men´s Junior World Championship after the drawing of lots was held in Rio de Janeiro following the 2011 FIVB Volleyball World League match between Brazil and Poland on Saturday.

The tournament will take place from August 1 to 10.

Pool B will see world No.1 Argentina take on Tunisia, Puerto Rico and Spain. Pool C will inclue European champions Russia as well as India, Egypt and Germany while Pool D will be composed by Iran, Serbia, Canada and Belgium.

This will be 16th edition of the Men´s Junior World Championship. The event will return to the place of its first edition. IN 1977, the city of Rio de Janeiro hosted the competition that was won by the extinct Soviet Union. Brazil received the bronze medal. After 34 years, the championship will have the participation of 16 best junior national teams in the world.

The Drawing of Lots was attended by Mr Phillippe Berben, vice-president of the CEV and Dr Ary Graça, president of CSV as well as a number of local ambassadors, Government officials and the media.

The top two teams from each pool will move onto two new pools of four before the first and second ranked teams from each group move onto the semifinals.

2011 FIVB Men´s Junior World Championship Pools
    Pool A – Brazil / United States / Japan / Bulgaria
    Pool B – Argentina / Tunisia / Porto Rico / Spain
    Pool C – Russia / India / Egypt / Germany
    Pool D – Iran/ Serbia / Canada / Belgium