Hubert Wagner Memorial 2011

• Congratulations for Italy.
    And Poland...No matter who we played against it was the worst Wagner's Memorial in the history for Polish team - three loses and only one set won :pinch: Pathetic game against Czechs, some good moments against Italy and no chance against mighty Russia. Hubert Wagner would be happy with this performance for sure :(
    As I said before, it was only friendly tournament, but those three loses may have bad influence on Poland from the psychological point of view. Especially, if we remember how difficult group we have in ECH.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Thanks God, that this Memorial's over. I can't think about our team, because it makes me angry. The worst performance EVER. I believe, that will be better, but Russia, Italy and Czech showed us our place on today. Once again - congrats to Italy and all players, who took individual award.

• Good victory for our guys! :thumbsup:

The first step before ECH...I hope review Italy on podium..! :win: Maybe as Rome2005.... :rolll:

Successo viene prima di Sudore soltanto nel vocabolario.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Prediction Game - Men's European League 2012

• Congrats for Italians. It was a big pleasure for us to host them and they deserve to win in a whole tournament. As well, I'm grateful that Russians came to Poland and I hope it helped them in preparing to ECh because as I read it were their first matches after WL. So I would like to congratulate them a good attitude on the court. I'm also very glad to see Czechs playing well and I'm even more glad to see Tichacek with the title of best setter. He is awsome man and it will be fantastic to have him in Rzeszów this season.

WŁOCHY is pronounced like: W=V in English, Ł=W, O=O, CH=KH, Y=Y
    This name has a long tradition (from middle ages), as well as "NIEMCY" for Germany. It means something like "long hair" :lol: It's because Italians seemed to look completely different for Poles long time ago. There hair was much longer than Poles had :D

I would "like it" like on facebook but there isn't option like that on this website. But I like it :thumbsup:

Well... Sorry for that mistake. But I thought that they played four matches with Czechs and some matches with... Serbia? I don't even know why I thought like that.

I hope someone will upload these matches. I found older Hubert Wagner's Memorial in Multimedia. So you can see how fanatastic Italians played. Especially Gigi :flower: He is my personal MVP. But I think Cristian deserve for this title because he is undisputed leader of his team. What about Simone. He is in a good way to be back in his best shape. That's for sure. His killing serve... He just came back and he already "aces on us"! Zaytsev played in starting six against Czechs and he was great. He scored 22 points. And Łasko scored 27 :roll:

where i can find stats of these matches?? :sos:

I would like to answer your question but even I can't find it :P

Congratulations for Italy.
    And Poland...No matter who we played against it was the worst Wagner's Memorial in the history for Polish team - three loses and only one set won :pinch: Pathetic game against Czechs, some good moments against Italy and no chance against mighty Russia. Hubert Wagner would be happy with this performance for sure :(
    As I said before, it was only friendly tournament, but those three loses may have bad influence on Poland from the psychological point of view. Especially, if we remember how difficult group we have in ECH.

Yep, I must agree with you. It was the worst Memorial ever...

I'm sure our players will do better on ECh. I read an interview with Ivan. He told about their match with Czechs and he said: "Then we were after a hard weight training, we work a lot of time in the gym. We weren't then so strong, agile. Now this has changed, in the last week we practiced less at the gym and now we feel better physically, and thus - we play better."
    That's what I mentioned. Our guys are physically burdened. Now the'll rest for three days and then go back to hard work but less at the gym so I'm hopeful ;)

• Oh, and about match Poland - Russia. Żygadło is back with his life mission "kill Bartek Kurek with huge number of balls". No play with the middles again. Kosok only 2 points, Nowakowski little better - 5. Możdżonek on the court :aww: and he scored 2 points. On the other side we have Wolkov with 13 points! And Apalikov with 7. That's how it should look like. More from middle-blockers or I swear I will kill Żygadło using basketball.
    Great news is that we have finally a player who scored more points than Kurek. Wooohooo. Kubiak. What a man. I count on him on EuroChamps :win:
    So he scored 13 points and Kurek 11.

I found statistics from match Poland - Russia. So if you intersted in kuraf_veiga...:

POLAND RUSSIA

1. Michał Kubiak 13 pkt. | 1. Aleksander Wołkow 13 pkt.
    2. Bartosz Kurek 11 | 2. Maxim Mikhaylov 13
    3. Jakub Jarosz 7 | 3. Denis Biriukow 7

Attack:
    1. Michał Kubiak 12 pkt. | 1. Aleksander Wołkow 9 pkt.
    2. Bartosz Kurek 8 | 2. Denis Biriukow 7
    3. Jakub Jarosz 6 | 3. Maxim Mikhaylov 6

Block:
    1. Łukasz Żygadło 2 pkt. | 1. Nikołaj Apalikow 4 pkt.
    2. Piotr Gruszka 2 | 2. Aleksander Wołkow 2
    3. Michał Kubiak 1 | 3. Taras Chtiej 1

Serve:
    1. Bartosz Kurek 2 pkt. | 1. Aleksander Wołkow 5 pkt.
    2. Jakub Jarosz 1 | 2. Maksim Michajłow 4
    3. Piotr Nowakowski 1

Aleksander Wolkov :obey: He was insane on this tournament.

"People wait all week for friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness."

Edited once, last by bella ().

• Here you have statistics from match Poland - Czech Republic:

POLAND vs CZECH REPUBLIC
    1. Bartosz Kurek 18 pkt. | 1. Jiří Popelka 15 pkt.
    2. Michał Kubiak 6 | 2. Jan Štokr 13
    3. Piotr Gruszka 6 | 3. Peter Pláteník 11

Attack:
    1. Bartosz Kurek 17 pkt. | 1. Jiří Popelka 15 pkt.
    2. Piotr Gruszka 6 | 2. Jan Štokr 9
    3. Michał Kubiak 5 | 3. Peter Pláteník 8

Block:
    1. Piotr Nowakowski 2 pkt. | 1. Jan Štokr 4 pkt.
    2. Marcin Możdżonek 2 | 2. Peter Pláteník 3
    3. Michał Kubiak 1 | 3. Jakub Veselý 2

Serve:
    1. Jakub Vesely 1 pkt.

• Bella :obey: :obey:
    I haven't watched this match, you know, I couldn't, because they played horrible, the most on this tournament, so thanks for stats.
    Well... Nice to see, that Kurek is not the best scorer, again. Where was Mikhaylov in attack? 8| I can't believe, that he scored less points than 7.
    Yeah, Volkov did what he wanted, after second set out team surrendered, and Russia played like on training(from what I've heard).

I believe, that will be better... ;(

• Bella :obey: :obey:
    I haven't watched this match, you know, I couldn't, because they played horrible, the most on this tournament, so thanks for stats.
    Well... Nice to see, that Kurek is not the best scorer, again. Where was Mikhaylov in attack? 8| I can't believe, that he scored less points than 7.
    Yeah, Volkov did what he wanted, after second set out team surrendered, and Russia played like on training(from what I've heard).

I believe, that will be better... ;(

Holy crap. After reading your post I found this mistake. But I copied these statistics from siatka.org. What Komarov? Holy shit. Maxim Mikhaylov should be there :aww: Komarov didn't score any point.

• Holy crap. After reading your post I found this mistake. But I copied these statistics from siatka.org. What Komarov? Holy shit. Maxim Mikhaylov should be there :aww: Komarov didn't score any point.

Ooooh, I knew it :D Because Mikyhalov - the best spiker without score in attack in one match? Something's wrong :P :lol:

• Is it just me, who doesn't really care about this Memorial?
    Yeah we got seriously spanked by every team in Katowice, but it's just a friendly tournament. I really prefer to be smashed in Wagner's Memorial instead of ECh :D
    Sure, winning some matches against solid teams would have a good impact on our psyche, but still...even though we won just one set throughout the whole tournament, I wouldn't make a huge drama of it, which lots of Poles do.
    Now our practices will look different, less gym, some rest. We're still in a process of preparation for the upcoming tournament, Wagner's Memorial showed we still need to work hard, but there is still some time, not a lot, but I believe everything is going in a good direction.

• Ooooh, I knew it :D Because Mikyhalov - the best spiker without score in attack in one match? Something's wrong :P :lol:

Well, I must say that Maxim wasn't so good yesterday as in match against Italians or Czechs. But even in weaker day he served 4 bombs so does for this player exist something like "weaker day"? I don't think so :P I guess he was extremely exhausted after meeting with polish fans on second day of Memorial :lol: As well as Dima and Wolkov.

• Is it just me, who doesn't really care about this Memorial?
    Yeah we got seriously spanked by every team in Katowice, but it's just a friendly tournament. I really prefer to be smashed in Wagner's Memorial instead of ECh :D
    Sure, winning some matches against solid teams would have a good impact on our psyche, but still...even though we won just one set throughout the whole tournament, I wouldn't make a huge drama of it, which lots of Poles do.
    Now our practices will look different, less gym, some rest. We're still in a process of preparation for the upcoming tournament, Wagner's Memorial showed we still need to work hard, but there is still some time, not a lot, but I believe everything is going in a good direction.

I don't care so five, Ojla :D
    I had a long way to Katowice just to see lost match with Italians but I don't care, it was the best match from our guys.

Like I said, I read a lot, I saw maaaaany interviews with players and I understand how hard it is to play good after the days spent at the gym with Andrea standing with a whip in his hand ready to use it if someone doesn't work properly :D Hey, Hubert Wagner was kinda executioner too and look what he achieved.

Noooo, I'm more than sure that on Euro we'll do our best. With Bartman, I hope. Talking about Bartman... Did someone see interview with him from match with Italy? I didn't and I'm curious what he said because Zibi is Zibi and he has always something interesting to say :P

• I don't care so five, Ojla :D
    I had a long way to Katowice just to see lost match with Italians but I don't care, it was the best match from our guys.

Like I said, I read a lot, I saw maaaaany interviews with players and I understand how hard it is to play good after the days spent at the gym with Andrea standing with a whip in his hand ready to use it if someone doesn't work properly :D Hey, Hubert Wagner was kinda executioner too and look what he achieved.

Noooo, I'm more than sure that on Euro we'll do our best. With Bartman, I hope. Talking about Bartman... Did someone see interview with him from match with Italy? I didn't and I'm curious what he said because Zibi is Zibi and he has always something interesting to say :P

Well...Andrea is kinda known for his strict character, so they have to deal with it, or leave the grouping and give the place in the team for those guys, who are not afraid of hard work :D No complaining, just hard work! :teach:
    No, unfortunately I haven't seen this interview....I haven't even seen this match! Daaaarrrnn....guys, heeeelp, if anyone knows where can I watch/download or whatever this match, pleaseeee....

• Well, Ojla... I'm worry. Because Andrea won't teach them anew volleyball basics, you know. It's not gyms fault, that Zygadlo set just to Kurek. It's not gyms fault, that Jarosz forgot how to attack. We don't have good players on the most important positions! We need just Zagumny and Wlazly. Our team looks much better with them. But...
    We won bronze medal on World League, because this concept "Play with Kurek, play with Kurek" worked. Now, everybody's know what will Zygadlo do in hard situations.

I just can't say "I don't care". I'm scared. Maybe because I'm... sensitive.

• Well...Andrea is kinda known for his strict character, so they have to deal with it, or leave the grouping and give the place in the team for those guys, who are not afraid of hard work :D No complaining, just hard work! :teach:
    No, unfortunately I haven't seen this interview....I haven't even seen this match! Daaaarrrnn....guys, heeeelp, if anyone knows where can I watch/download or whatever this match, pleaseeee....

Finally! After Castellani we have a real man Andrea. Well... Two Andreas :D

You must follow Polsat Sport. Before afternoon I watched Poland - Italy. They will repeat those matches whole week I guess.

Well, Ojla... I'm worry. Because Andrea won't teach them anew volleyball basics, you know. It's not gyms fault, that Zygadlo set just to Kurek. It's not gyms fault, that Jarosz forgot how to attack. We don't have good players on the most important positions! We need just Zagumny and Wlazly. Our team looks much better with them. But...
    We won bronze medal on World League, because this concept "Play with Kurek, play with Kurek" worked. Now, everybody's know what will Zygadlo do in hard situations.

I just can't say "I don't care". I'm scared. Maybe because I'm... sensitive.

I'm more positive because Kubiak plays better and better. He will be great support for Kurek in attack, I'm telling you that! He just has to bring his killing serve back.
    And I don't believe that Andrea won't take Zibi on Euro. He will. It is clear that Andrea count on Zibi from the beginning. He made him a player from starting six. I just have a good feeling. And Żygadło on the match with Italians showed that he can play with middles. I believe that the second set from this match was foretaste of what we can show on Euro if we get out of the gym and start to play.

• A couple of warm words from Michał Kubiak.

What needs improvement?
    - Everything! Everything need to improve. After this tournament, I can say that we have weaknesses in each component.

Are there some positives from this tournament?
    - It's good that we lost now, not on the European Championships.

Looking at you, it seems that this defeat didn't broke you.
    - You can't bury heads in the sand, go home and cry. You have to get out of these problems that we have and play in the championship as we want it for themselves and everyone associated with volleyball.

:D

• After the tournament I saw how much our team has problems. We don't have:

- strong service,
    -good reception
    -good opposite!.

Otherwise our setter playing worst then WL and our block also doesn't look good...
    I'm horrible...

"Volleyball is a fantastic way of life, really. it is
    beautiful adventure, which gives a lot of joy not only to those sports "

It is our passion gives us wings, lifts us above all else.
    It gives a million reasons to rejoice, learns to overcome fear and weakness.

Thanks to develop and learn to fight for every day
    :win:

• After the tournament I saw how much our team has problems. We don't have:

- strong service,
    -good reception
    -good opposite!.

Otherwise our setter playing worst then WL and our block also doesn't look good...
    I'm horrible...

You mean horrified, cause you are certainly not horrible :drink: