Hubert Wagner Memorial 2011

• I watched a tournament in 2009, there were 6 teams, Poland A&B, Serbia, Italy, China and Espanya. Was it the same tournament?

Yup, it was exactly the same tournament :) Poland A won, btw :D

• And the most I would like to see Bulgarians again :roll:

Yeah, never enough of Bulgaria :D It would be awesome to see them in Poland again. Maybe next year :D

• Yeah, never enough of Bulgaria :D It would be awesome to see them in Poland again. Maybe next year :D

And maybe France, finally on Wagner's Memorial?

• Lebl has retired from the national team: http://via-volley.cz/2011/06/lebl-skoncil-s-reprezentaci/
    I'm not aware about Rak retiring, but my understanding is, after last year's NT performance (when Rak was missing due to health problems) the coaches don't have a reason to change what is working.

Than you for your explanation, but I still think that Rak and Konecny are the best MB's of Czech Republic after Lebl''s retirement :drink:

• Well, in that article about Lebl, Jakub Novotny mentions Rak among players who have already retired from the national team, but I haven't read or heard about that anywhere else.

In addition to the recent health problems (it took Rak quite long to recover from a knee injury), he also started his own business, so he might lack motivation/energy for playing in NT. But that's just speculations.

• Well, in that article about Lebl, Jakub Novotny mentions Rak among players who have already retired from the national team, but I haven't read or heard about that anywhere else.

Jakub Novotny... Damn good player in times of playing in ZAKSA. He was outstanding and unbelievable :white: And then he went to Skra to sit on bench :down:
    I have no idea what is happening with this fantastic player. I hope he will return to his great play one day. And return to NT.

• Jakub Novotny... Damn good player in times of playing in ZAKSA. He was outstanding and unbelievable :white: And then he went to Skra to sit on bench :down:
    I have no idea what is happening with this fantastic player. I hope he will return to his great play one day. And return to NT.

I'm a bit sceptical about Jakub in NT... I mean, I like him a lot, in his early years in NT he was the reason why I started to like volleyball so much :-) But there's a strong competition between Czech opposites. He's still in the broader nomination, but Stokr finally started to prove his class in the national team and Konecny plays great in the french league. And both are younger...
    Yes, the move to Skra was weird, but at least Jakub earned some money and put his health together :-) This year he may show his quality in the Champions league, we'll see

• Maybe it's nothing new but I put a list of 19 players for Memorial revealed today in the morning.

SETTERS: Łukasz Żygadło, Fabian Drzyzga, Paweł Woicki
    OPPOSITES: Piotr Gruszka, Jakub Jarosz, Zbigniew Bartman
    OUTSIDE-HITTERS: Bartosz Kurek, Sebastian Świderski, Michał Ruciak, Michał Bąkiewicz, Mateusz Mika, Michał Kubiak
    MIDDLE-BLOCKERS: Piotr Nowakowski, Grzegorz Kosok, Karol Kłos, Marcin Możdżonek, Patryk Czarnowski
    LIBEROS: Krzysztof Ignaczak, Paweł Zatorski

• Why Janeczek isn't in roster :what: he is much better than Jarosz

Because Andrea sometimes makes stupid decisions as I observed :pinch:

I don't know. Let's hope Anastasi knows what he's doing. He wants give Jarosz another chance or something.

• Why Janeczek isn't in roster :what: he is much better than Jarosz

Not for our coach...
    Yeah, Janeczek is really a fantastic player. I also would like to see him in our team...
    Hope he will get some chances in the future, he's very promising.

• I don't know. Let's hope Anastasi knows what he's doing. He wants give Jarosz another chance or something.

Maybe Kuba is in his life shape :D

• I don't know but I have an impression that everyone want to help Kuba Jarosz. Shit. He must first help himself.

Andrea and his decisions... If he kick off Fabian from NT, mafia will take care of him :whistle:

• I don't know but I have an impression that everyone want to help Kuba Jarosz. Shit. He must first help himself.

Andrea and his decisions... If he kick off Fabian from NT, mafia will take care of him :whistle:

Well...we don't know how the situation looks in our grouping. Maybe Kuba is in a better shape now, maybe not, it's hard to say.
    Wagner's Memorial is just a friendly tournament, so we'll see whether Jarosz can be helpful for us on ECh or not...

• Well...we don't know how the situation looks in our grouping. Maybe Kuba is in a better shape now, maybe not, it's hard to say.
    Wagner's Memorial is just a friendly tournament, so we'll see whether Jarosz can be helpful for us on ECh or not...

he is in bad shape since World Cup in Japan 2 years ago :rolll:

• he is in bad shape since World Cup in Japan 2 years ago :rolll:

Tell that to our coach :D
    Btw, back then whole team was rather in a bad shape...well...maybe not in a bad shape, but definitely far from our best :D

• I don't know, if Janeczek is far better than Jarosz. Jarosz is nothing special at the moment (maybe even generally), but Wagner's Memorial is only friendly tournament. So, maybe Jarosz sow us something really amazing :D
    One more thing: you don't love Anastasi any more? Not long time ago I read here how great he was ;)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().