2011 Asian Men's Championships

• So, Iran had another reason to won...

It's the first time they lose a set in this tournament, isn't it?

Good luck Velasco :heart:

Iran has many reasons :D Iran has never won Asian Championships (or Asian Games)

yes it was the first losing set for Iran and it's good to me ! no one will think about this stupid record anymore ! they are already under huge pressure to win , this one was really unnecessary.

• Iran has many reasons :D Iran has never won Asian Championships (or Asian Games)

yes it was the first losing set for Iran and it's good to me ! no one will think about this stupid record anymore ! they are already under huge pressure to win , this one was really unnecessary.

Korea and Iran were my favorites, so I'd be pulling for any of those that reached the final, against China or Australia. I'm glad Iran won, and I hope they can become champions, cause it'd be a first for them, and also it'd be cool to have them in the WC. (Besides, Korea's got a decent shot to grab a wild card, I think... :whistling: )

• I felt so sorry for Australian's loss. It sounds kinda weird but I actually teamed Australia last night. Australian setter was a disaster and so was their opposite. They had chances in set 2 and if they took it they won the match. Yudin did very nice work but he failed to save his team. That's a big shame.

I have no idea about the final, I'm not sure about China or Iran. It seems both teams are irrelevant to me and all I care about is CCTV should not prevent laola1.tv from broadcasting World Cup in China, given that China has qualified for it.

• Bronze Medal Match:

South Korea 3-1 Australia (25–22, 16–25, 26–24, 25–20)

Gold Medal Match:

Iran 3-1 China (22-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-16)

add on 16-12, set2: Zarini's serve!!! :obey:
    add after set 2: Even though I'm not interested in our team, but I appreciate our blocker Liang Chunlong very much. He showed great potential in blocking, which was always a weak point of our team, since his debut, and in this tournament he's definitely the master of blocking. He MUST be awarded the best blocker! :super:
    add on 8-6, set 3: Iranian's block is on fire too, China show the weakness in attack.
    add after set 3: China look ridiculous now. :S

• Final Standing

1 Iran
    2 China
    3 South Korea
    4 Australia
    5 Japan
    6 India
    7 Pakistan
    8 Sri Lanka
    9 Kazakhstan
    10 Thailand
    11 Indonesia
    12 Qatar
    13 Chinese Taipei
    14 Turkmenistan
    15 Afghanistan
    16 Uzbekistan

Individual Awards

MVP: Arash Kamalvand (IRI)
    Best Scorer: Jeon Kwang-In (KOR)
    Best Spiker: Nathan Roberts (AUS)
    Best Blocker: Liang Chunlong (CHN)
    Best Server: Kim Yo-Han (KOR)
    Best Setter: Amir Hosseini (IRI)
    Best Libero: Farhad Zarif (IRI)

Congratulations to the winners!

• I'm glad Iran won!!

So, now we have other two teams qualificated for the World Cup, and only one between Egypt and Cameroon will join them. I expected Korea to be in instead of China, and in general I expected Japan to be in top 4 (also in top 3), but I'm not surprise that Iran won :D

• Best spiker is ROBERTS??? Really??? He's much less efficient than Yudin!
    Best blocker is definitely Liang!!! He's of first class IMO :lol:

• Best Scorer: Jeon Kwang-In (KOR)

Jeon :lol: I remember well this Korean guys, the star of his NT, and all the Korean girls that died after him :lol:

He impressed me during the WL, well done dude!

BTW, I'm absolutly ignorant :wall: , I recnognize only him on this list of name :S Well, aslo Kim, the other Korean, sound familiar, but kinda half of the Korean players are named "Kim" :rolll: , I'm not able to understand which one he is :aww:

May be I'll watch again the match Italy-Iran of the WCh to refresh my memory before the WC...

• Because Kim is their surname...

• what a match :cup: but I think Iran didn't play really well in both final and semifinal, Iran's best match was against Japan. but well that was impossible for Iran to lose at home in such atmosphere ! according to reports we had 20,000 fans in stadium with capacity of only 12,000 spectators !!!! 8o I'm glad no accident happened. :obey:

Well done Velasco, he changed both setter and opposite at the end of the first set and reserve players actually changed the match. I never thought we'd win Asian Champs with Mahdavi as setter ??!! :D he is always second setter just because of his blocking ability. and also because our main setter "Marouf" is an idiot and already left the team. but man of the final match was reserve opposite Amir Ghafour.

• Best blocker is definitely Liang!!! He's of first class IMO :lol:

but he got booed by the crowd :D , almost everybody was sure that one of Iranian MBs will get this award. :thumbsup: but this guy Liang was really good in final.

May be I'll watch again the match Italy-Iran of the WCh to refresh my memory before the WC...

lol,
    you won't find none of these 3 Iranian players in that match. Hosseini and Zarif were expelled from national team by Zoran Gajic 4 years ago (only Velsaco invited them once again) and Kamalvand was just a reserve player in WCh.

Actually with Jeon I only rememeber Han, the setter... But I don't think he is JO-Han... Or is he?

no, Kim Yo-Han is a different player. actually their leader in this tournament. I remember him from 2009 tournament

• Is it possibile to have the statistics of the final? Still not published on asianvolleyball.org nor iranvolleyball.com.

A typical Iranian work, careless and incomplete, Iran won the cup so who cares about these things :lol:

I need these stats for my own archive, I asked them via email and telephone some days ago, still no answer and I'm not expecting them to answer me, but if they do, I will post it here.