World Cup 2011

• Aaaaaaaa, Polaaaaand! I'm so fucking proud! Of course, I was able to see just first set, and I left my home with tears in my eyes. Seriously! I thought, that Argentina will kick our ass as much as they did this in this first set. And then, I saw, that Poland won 3:1. I started to jump as high as I can :lol: I shouldn't be so excited, because everything can look different in future, but I hope, that not :) Respect for Zygadlo - he showed, that he's ready to replace Zagumny and play great. And Winiarski - our hero. Hope for more emotions!

Brazil lost, but I see in stats, that Sidao played great! The best scorer in his team - good job, Sidao! :rose:

• very sad for Argentina, since they played an awesome first set and 3rd and 4th set on the same level. They scare me sometimes, they kind of "fell asleep" on the court, like they're not there anymore with their heads. :( I'm glad that Ivan finally played a bit, he was very good, I don't know if it's only me because I'm not exactly objective when it comes to argentinians... :lol:
    anyway, still too many mistakes on serving and the reception OMG. GONZALEZ IS SO BAD. probably Quiroga would be a better libero -_____-. or even me I guess. LOL.

No it's not only you :P I was glad as well seeing Ivan on the court and I have to say that he surprised me. He was really good. And Pereyra sucks... He was today kinda useless.

I don't think Gonzalez is so bad. It's said about him that he's one of the best in the world and I can't deny. Too many balls he received today... And our boys wasn't so bad in serving. Actually, they make trouble Argentines.

On the other side Igła wasn't as impressive in defense as he used to be... :S Ok, alright, he's still the best receiver but I expected him to be the beast. Yesterday he played much better.

anyway. ITALY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. I'm so proud of them <3 dhsahdajkhd I have no words, I had no hope of course, but the team was so GREAT, I can't believe it! :D and Giovi MVP. If I think that he's playing because Bari got injuried... I'm sure that all the people that complained during the ECh when he played now won't complain anymore -.- (seriously, I read on Berruto's wall on facebook someone that wrote "why isn't Bari playing, he's a WORLD CHAMPION, he should always play"... yeah that makes sense :/ )
    I wanted to go back to sleep but I'm soooo excited right now :lol: after losing against Russia I couldn't think we could do so well!

ah, how funny was when at the end of 2nd set they were arguing and Mastro told Giba "stay calm, dude" :lol: (in italian of course. I could hear that because my streaming had no commentary, it was fun to hear what they were saying :lol: )

Damn, I have to watch it! After watching my guys winning over Argentinians I had to leave but before it I was running around the house to not be late and at the same time I was checking the result of the match. And your Italian boys increased me the pressure!
    I expect that Łasko was the beast again? Mr. Top Scorer :P
    Gigi :lol:

In the 3rd set versus USA Russia from 18-23 to 26-24. Samba de Moscow.

Are you kidding? American lost almost-winning set? Shit. How did they do that? :what:

After 8 years you won over Brazilians, right? From what I read. I would say: congratulations! I cheered for you :thumbsup:

Now it's time for Polish guys to win over Brazilians after 9 years. If not now, then when?

• Brazil lost, but I see in stats, that Sidao played great! The best scorer in his team - good job, Sidao! :rose:

Yeah, I saw it as well. I was happy like crazy both because Sidao finally plays in starting six and he shows that he absolutely deserves it. So although I cheered for Italians I was proud of Sidao. I must watch this crazy match to see brazilian top scorer, the beast Łasko (and Giovi who I guess was the beast as well, form what I read here) :thumbsup:

• Yeah, I saw it as well. I was happy like crazy both because Sidao finally plays in starting six and he shows that he absolutely deserves it. So although I cheered for Italians I was proud of Sidao. I must watch this crazy match to see brazilian top scorer, the beast Łasko (and Giovi who I guess was the beast as well, form what I read here) :thumbsup:

I was with Brazil, so I'm very sad of this score. I'm watching it now and I have to say, that Italy deserved much more for this win. Brazil lost because of weak wings - Sidao won't win a match alone. And this Travica's ace at the match ball... Amazing... :roll: Giovi got MIP's award and this cute mascot :thumbsup:
    I think, that Lasko play much better in NT than in JW. Well, he has better setter there... :|

• :offtopic:

Now fashion time :P

Polish and Italian jerseys are the most elegant and stylish ones :rose:

Brazilians yellow and Argentians blue ones look beautiful :flower:

Russian jersey is too tight and short . Tetyukhin :lol:

By far the worst one is Cubans. It looks so thuggish. The upper part is more suitable for a basketball jersey

• Haven't watched any matches today, but I just wanna say HUGE congratulations for Italia!!!!! :obey: When my dad told me that Brazil lost, I couldn't believe him, but then it turned out to be true! Big respect for Italy, after a very long break they finally managed to beat Brazillian champions. I wish we could do it as well...it would mean more than anything to me!

Congrats for our guys as well. I must say that I expected a more equal battle, for some reasons I thought this match will end after tiebreak, but luckily we managed to grab another 3 points.

Now I can't wait to see the replays of these two matches. It definitely won't be as entertaining as it could have been, but I wanna see it anyway, especially this great Italian victory over Brazil!

Oh and btw, huge congrats to coach Velasco and his team! Julio is doing really great job with Iran! It will be interesting to watch them in the upcoming matches.

• I think, that Lasko play much better in NT than in JW. Well, he has better setter there... :|

Better? Well...maybe a little bit, but they're both very average imo. Too bad.

• Better? Well...maybe a little bit, but they're both very average imo. Too bad.

Thornton didn't show his best so far. That's why USA have to depend on Hansen.
    USA really need a successor to Lloy Ball.

• Don't you think China's jersey looks disgusting? :lol:

• I was with Brazil, so I'm very sad of this score. I'm watching it now and I have to say, that Italy deserved much more for this win. Brazil lost because of weak wings - Sidao won't win a match alone. And this Travica's ace at the match ball... Amazing... :roll: Giovi got MIP's award and this cute mascot :thumbsup:
    I think, that Lasko play much better in NT than in JW. Well, he has better setter there... :|

Drago ended the match with an ace? I didn't know about it! Man, I really have to watch it...

You said about Brazil's wing and I have to ask about Italian's. What the heck was wrong with Savani? He scored only 5 or 6 points (from what I read) and talking about him it's big "ONLY". 'Cause it's Savani. So can some Italian enlighten me?

Of course Drago is much better that Vinhedo or Thornton but so what? if Łasko is the top scorer of Plusliga as well :D

Polish and Italian jerseys are the most elegant and stylish ones :rose:

I don't understand these blue jerseys if it comes to my boys. Ok, it's connected with some good memories from the match with Russians but I love our white&red t-shirts to be delighted of these blue.
    What about Italians I love their white outfit. Ok, blue is cool but I'm more delighted by white.

Russian jersey is too tight and short .

And without sleeves :aww: Blah!

• Don't you think China's jersey looks disgusting? :lol:

Honestly, the letters on these jerseys remind me Christmas-tree-thing. I don't even know how to call it, how to describe it... It's just too much for me, you know, Christmas frippery and stuff :wacko:

• Drago ended the match with an ace? I didn't know about it! Man, I really have to watch it...

You said about Brazil's wing and I have to ask about Italian's. What the heck was wrong with Savani? He scored only 5 or 6 points (from what I read) and talking about him it's big "ONLY". 'Cause it's Savani. So can some Italian enlighten me?

Of course Drago is much better that Vinhedo or Thornton but so what? if Łasko is the top scorer of Plusliga as well :D

Hey, Savani is out of good shape a little bit long. It's not first time, when he play bad. So you don't have to be worried or something like this. It's just a matter of time, when he will start to play better.

Better? Well...maybe a little bit, but they're both very average imo. Too bad.

Yeah, maybe, but in my opinion a cooperation between Lasko and Travica looks much better. But it's obvious and we know why is like that.
    Lasko is the best scorer of our league and World Cup, so it's explain everything. Nice guy.

• BTW, I noticed that nobody said smth about Sergio: he was super, imo. :obey:

But I still have to watch most of the 4th set and the tie break. So far, he is the one who impressed me the most. Lasko started sooo well, then his level decreased a bit. But he is playing well so far ^^

We really have to reduce the number of serve errors, though...

• congratulations to Italy, and Italian users, you definelty deserved teh victory today. Lasko is playing amazing.

Brazil in other hand played so poor! :( The OH could not find their game...and I really dont understand why Bernardinho is choosing to play with Marlon istead of Bruninho!!! :huh: I mean , Marlon of course is a safe choice, in theory he makes less mistakes, cause he makes the game a bit slower and dont take much risks, but the truth is, he is making so many mistakes.....Bruninho plays much faster is much more bold. I think to play against teams with strong blocks such Italy, Russia, and so on, we NEED Bruninho in court!!!!! And he played so well the Pan Games, I really dont understand Bernardinho choice so far.. :S I do hope Dante come back!!!We are really needing him. Giba is definelty playing better then past years, but Murilo is not good...he still dint find his best game since he came back playing in Brazil.

Now I have a doubt, in FIVB rules to be with 14 players two of them should be liberos right, but in Brazil there is only Serginho! So how is that? Only if João Paulo Bravo is written as second libero, but its weird! :S

• BTW, I noticed that nobody said smth about Sergio: he was super, imo. :obey:

But I still have to watch most of the 4th set and the tie break. So far, he is the one who impressed me the most. Lasko started sooo well, then his level decreased a bit. But he is playing well so far ^^

We really have to reduce the number of serve errors, though...

YES! It is really good to have him back!!!!!!HE is incredbile!

• Have you ever seen so many step-on-line serving faults in one tournament?
    Up to today, outstanding servers who committed such faults:

USA
    Clayton Stanley

Russia
    Dmitry Muserskiy

Egypt
    A. Salah

Italy
    Cristian Savani
    Michal Lasko

Argentina
    Luciano De Cecco

Brazil
    Murilo Endres

Perhaps the lines in Japan are bolder. :lol:

No it's not only you I was glad as well seeing Ivan on the court and I have to say that he surprised me. He was really good. And Pereyra sucks... He was today kinda useless.

thank you Bella, you always make me feel better and less stupid :lol:
    Pereyra disappoints me most of the time... the other day against Serbia he did a nice match but I guess it's only because Serbia was bad :lol: he seems the one that suffers the most the pressure of important matches and gets nervous easily, omg :/
    seems to me that Ivan is getting better any time I see him play. I was really impressed today, I hope that he will be n1 instead of Pereyra very soon (I guess that the specific work he's doing now instead of playing for a team is really helping him...)

anyway thank you people, it was the first time I saw Italy winning against Brazil, in 2003 I maybe even saw it but I can't remember (my first volleyball memory is the Ech in 2005 lol), so it was so awesome :)

Ravens, Dante is injuried!

Martee, I was wondering the same... it's not a mistake you see so often and they're making it so many times there :O (and only 3 days passed... I don't want to imagine how long that list will be at the end of the tournament! :DDD)