The 2011 World Club Championships

• Why did Mihailov play as OH? He had 60% reception :), think Russia might have found their next Tethuyhin :D.

Mikhaylov maybe plays as a libero in practise. :lol: And he can be a good setter, too :thumbsup:

• I guess that Priddy and Berezhko were simply too weak so Alekno found a golden solution in this pretty hard situation. Two OH players who supposed to be leaders. Mikhaylov is brilliant, doesn't matter if he plays as opposite or as a receiver.

Too bad I don't have broadband internet where I am now and I couldn't watch the game :(. It was like when Mastrangelo played as OH for Cuneo :D.

• No, Bulgaria and Serbia will organize it :thumbup:

Qatar is a strong candidate to host the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship in 2018 according to FIVB President Jizhong Wei who addressed the media on finals day at the FIVB Club World Championships in Doha on Friday.

The President is visiting the State of Qatar to attend the finals of the FIVB Club World Championships where VakifBank TTelekom Istanbul take on Rabita Baku in the women’s competition followed by Trentino Diatec Trento against KS Jastrzebski Wegiel in the men’s.

“I have to say that I'm very impressed about the level of the tournament this year, it has definitely improved compared to last year,” President Wei said. “The great performance of the European and Asian teams have definitely made this competition as exciting as always and it’s especially pleasing to see that all the matches are broadcasted live by Al Kass and Al Jazeera.

“Personally I know Qatar very well, I've been working with them ever since the Asian Games of 2006. I've seen how they have organised several sports events, and their professionalism is improving every day. Qatar will be organising other major events in the future - like the FIFA World Cup 2022 - and maybe even the volleyball World Championships for men in 2018. Qatar is definitely in contention.

The next edition of the World Championships will be in Europe, so in my opinion the 2018 World Championships should be on another continent. In addition to that, we've already worked with Qatar so we know already a lot about the facilities and they know a lot about the FIVB requirements.”

The bidding process for the 2018 Men’s and Women’s World Championships, which are run separately, is open and the Qatar Volleyball Association has filed its application however a final decision isn’t expected to be taken until 2014.

The FIVB Volleyball World Championships 2014 will take place in Italy for women and Poland for men.

• If JW can get a decent setter, they can be a really solid team. The trio Bartman-Lasko-Kubiak is impressive. Not as impressive as Trento's trio, ofc :)
    I'm sorry for Polish fans, but you should take it from another angle - you should be glad that you beat SESI and got to the final.

• Matey Kaziyski MVP. I don't care what FIVB said. Matey pulled both semifinal and final matches, 20 points more than Osmany, better serve

• Individual Awards

Best Scorer: Maxim Mikhaylov (RUS, Zenit Kazan)
    Best Spiker: Osmany Juantorena (ITA, Trentino)
    Best Blocker: Russell Helmes (USA, Jastrebski Wegiel)
    Best Server: Matey Kaziyski (BUL, Trentino)
    Best Setter: Raphael Vieira (BRA, Trentino)
    Best Receiver: Sergio (BRA, Sesi-SP)
    Best Libero: Sergio (BRA, Sesi-SP)
    MVP: Osmany Juantorena (ITA, Trentino)

Congratulations to the winners!

• MVP Matey Kaziyski