Tournoi de France 2011

• My point is not the loss from France - they are strong, especially as hosts. The problem is the way we lost - the difference in the teams behaviour after the first set. They constantly turned our advantage to their advantage and we couldn't turn it back. The series of points are very bad sign for total team condition. About the tournament, I hope we will play better against Slovenia, but they play better than us so far in this tournament.
    These two matches show that the victories in Bulgaria were due to the public we have, a big advantage. That's the problem - one face at home, totally different face as guests in these two matches. Are you satisfied by the results? Nobody in the Bulgarian team is, I can assure you.

• of course I am not happy with the loss, and exactly because of this biggest series of points I think is due to the very bad reception. We already had this problem yesterday. I was really shocked we didn't lost a set with such a terrible reception - I mean this might be a world record for bad reception for a libero :rolll: . Ivanov is very unstable. He can play solid one match and then completely brainfarted the next day which is a serious problem, the biggest problem in outr team so far.
    I hope our team plays better tomorrow and finish the tournament with a win. I don't care who is winning the whole thing, to be honest. I would be glad if France wins it to please their fans. :)
    Just hope our team will workk their asses tomorow!
    ah I saw the stats - Ivanov with 9% :rolll: Aleksiev with the best reception of the team :lol: Lol!

• Is Todorov injured? He played only set and a half from 7 sets so far

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7632.pdf

Stats are very bad for us. We are totally outplayed in attack and defense

• Easy, people. France smashed us Poles on our own ground lately. They kinda have accelerated or something, especially when Ngapeth is on the court. I'm sure that almost every team will look different on ECh. This is just the beginning and from what I see every team has successes and failures lately. So the best is yet to come. And honestly I can't imagine Bulgaria without any medal.

Btw, can someone tell me if Mitja Gasparini plays on this tournament?

• Is Todorov injured? He played only set and a half from 7 sets so far

I don't know I am surprised Gadzhanov played the whole match, he never played a whole set for our team so far.
    Overall we played with a very akward team, Aleksiev just there for couple of points, then Skrimov and Ananiev rotated. Skrimov with awful reception too 8| I've see Bratoev come in quite often to replace Zhekov. I guess we played totaly different for what we are used too. Also the stats in attack are normal to be so low with such a completely bad reception. You can't blame them really...

• Ananiev and Gadzhanov played good, Kazisky terrible in attack and service, he single-handedly gave France the match - 12 errors in 4 sets! And he made more errors in attack than at the semifinals in Serie A1 - in all five matches! :what: But as we can see Bratoev played as second setter in all sets so probably this match is not that meaningful as I thought, excluding the terrible Ivanov and the missing Aleksiev attack - HIS PRIMARY WEAPON :wall:

• In every match we've won this year, Todorov played full time.When he is absent, most of the time we lose and make more errors in attack than the opponent. Thoughts?

• see also Kaziysky and Nikolov's attack percents are low, but when the reception is so terrible, I gues they got a lot of junk balls and there is no attacker could have scored better in this situation. Bratoev helped to worsen these stats I suggest :lol: He sets very well to midles, but remarkable sucks when he has to set to wing spikers and opposites.
    But you are right. I see a very experimental squad and only conclusion I can take is Ivanov is bad. what shoked me is that Bozhilov didn't come in to replace him...

• BTW, France had the same reception as us, but their attack is so much better :huh:

• BTW, France had the same reception as us, but their attack is so much better :huh:

it is not the same?!?

oh and I though we won the first set with a tough battle with France 33-35. But now I see France made some 16 errors in that set alone to gift it :lol: . We wouldn't won that set with such a squad and play if they hadn't gifted it to us. I can only imagine what a choke fest it was :lol:

• Completely agree.

Also I agree that the libero level can be a huge problem. Wait for statistics to understand what happened ...

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7632.pdf

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• it is not the same?!?

oh and I though we won the first set with a tough battle with France 33-35. But now I see France made some 16 errors in that set alone to gift it :lol: . We wouldn't won that set with such a squad and play if they hadn't gifted it to us. I can only imagine what a choke fest it was :lol:

The same amount of positive reception

• there is a big difference between 43% 17% and 48% 32% IMO. :huh:

The difference between 37% in attack and 54% is bigger

• I see something else - they have approx the same amount of errors/attacks and equal blocks wich means the difference is comming from simply throwing the ball softly in opponents fieald or just spiking throu the block for a side out.

• I see something else - they have approx the same amount of errors/attacks and equal blocks wich means the difference is comming from simply throwing the ball softly in opponents fieald or just spiking throu the block for a side out.

Or bad setting and Matey overestimating his attack - 6 errors, 5 times blocked!

• yes that too, but I am not looking at any player specificaly. Ngapeth also got blocked 5 times. Both teams had study each other very well. They have equal amount of attacks, identical numbers of errors/block, but the persentage is significally different, which IMO is due to the bad reception.

• The team totally sucks in this match after the first set - 21:11 for France! If they play like that at the ECH, they will achieve zero

Ooops...so then if you'll achieve zero, I don't wanna know what will happen to us :D

Look how Slovenia beat Turkey and how we beat Turkey. Look how we lost to France after leading 16:15 in the second set. The team sucked big time today! I hope all players are fit and will stay fit.

Some polish volleyball sites publicated an interview with Stoychev, and he's rather positive....don't worry, it's just a friendly tournament, I'm sure Bulgarian team will show a lot better game on ECh.

oh please! typical Balkan way of thinking! When we win a match we are the greates ever, when we loose a match to a good team - we suck! :thumbdown: Stop it, please. We don't know what happened at the tourney. Maybe France played great and are unbeatable, who knows :) . Calm down, mate! Show some respect to the oppenents. We can't win everything. These are friendly matches, after all!

Oh, not only Balkan :D I guess all Slavs have such way of thinking :D 'Cause we Poles are the same :D

ah I saw the stats - Ivanov with 9% :rolll: Aleksiev with the best reception of the team :lol: Lol!

:obey:

• Risultati 2° giornata (3 Settembre, a Tourcoing)
    Slovenia - Turchia 3-0 (25-14, 25-17, 25-20)
    Slovenia: Vincic 3, Jakopin 14, Radovic 9, Gasparini 8, T.Urnaut 11, Pajenk 7, Skorc (L); Sket 2, Satler 0. Non entrati: Planinc, Flajs, Kamnik, Plot (L). All: Vukovic.
    Turchia: Eksi 1, Subasi 6, Pezuk 0, Coskun 8, Batur 9, Dunge 2, Kilic (L); Kayhan 1, Keskin 0, Tanik 1, Yucel 3. Non entrato: Kidoglu. All: Basic.

Francia - Bulgaria 3-1 (33-35, 25-22, 25-21, 25-18)
    Francia: Pujol 3, Ngapeth 12, Hardy-Dessources 9, Rouzier 20, Tuia 19, Vadeleux 13, Exiga (L); Toniutti 0, Moreau 0, Maréchal 3, Lyneel 0. Non entrati: Lafitte, Trefle, Grebennikov (L). All: Blain.
    Bulgaria: Zhekov 2, Kaziyski 9, Gadzhanov 8, V.Nikolov 11, Aleksiev 3, Yosifov 5, V.Ivanov (L); G.Bratoev 2, Skrimov 9, Ananiev 4, Sokolov 5, Bozhilov (L). Non entrati: Tsvetanov, Todorov. All: Stoytchev.

Classifica
    Slovenia 5
    Francia 4
    Bulgaria 3
    Turchia 0

Calendario
    3° giornata
    (4 Settembre, a Villeneuve d'Ascq)
    ore 15.30: Bulgaria - Slovenia
    a seguire Francia - Turchia

Good proof of the two slovenian OH Jakopin (65% in attack and 3 blocks) and Tine Urnaut (56% in attack, 1 block, 1 ace).
    About France-Bulgaria: Rouzier (61% in attack e 3 blocks) and Tuia (58% in attack, 2 blocks, 2 aces), while Kaziyski played really far from his level: 29% in attack with 6 errors and blocked 5; 4 reception errors, 6 serve errors.

I noticed that he used Exiga and not Grebennikov that I apreciated a lot during the WL, personally. Anyone know nothing about this choice? Who is supposed to be titoular in the ECh? :whistle:

• Jenia played in first match, 3 sets as I remember