South American Championship 2011

• hahha ... The summary is ok! :lol: But for me Marlon is not better than Bruno.

Well, I agree. Bruno is younger and he has whole future. Marlon is good as a second setter, he can always replace Bruno. Sometimes it happends, that Marlon is starting matches in first team, but it's not often. I think, that it's time to change something on setter's position. Coach must try Raphael again.

• Well, after watching how incredibly well played Bruno in Modena, I have to agree with you. :)

Unfortunately, he's been unable to play in the NT as good as he does in the clubs. Must feel the pressure way too much.

In spite of Bruno playing little in this specific tournament, I think it's accurate to say De Cecco is a lot better than both brazilian setters at this point. Maybe Bruno will improve, though. Time is on his side.

• Unfortunately, he's been unable to play in the NT as good as he does in the clubs. Must feel the pressure way too much.

In spite of Bruno playing little in this specific tournament, I think it's accurate to say De Cecco is a lot better than both brazilian setters at this point. Maybe Bruno will improve, though. Time is on his side.

Do you think Luciano can be the next Ricardo?

• I think he is really really good - defintly the best "new generation" setter - and young enough to become the next Ricardo.

For me it also depends greatly on the state of the form ...a year you can play great the next year will play worse .... only time to talk ... it is too early also to De Cecco..

• Do you think Luciano can be the next Ricardo?

For me it also depends greatly on the state of the form ...a year you can play great the next year will play worse .... only time to talk ... it is too early also to De Cecco..

I think I'd agree with Emavolley. I think Luciano has the potential. I haven't followed his career so closely, but I remember he started a few years ago very solid, than his game slipped a bit and now, it seems since last year, and specially this year, he's been tremendous. But I remember Pierre Pujol also had a very good phase some time ago. And I wish some other brazilian guys would have shots to play at NT, but the only possibility I see, at this point, is after the OG.

Nonetheless, I think Luciano is in the right track. But these are big shoes to fill, we can't forget that. ;)

• bella the full match is on youtube if you want to watch it :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=JYs1VvGGqlY

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :flower:

But for me Marlon is not better than Bruno.

I agree. And to be honest, I don't like Marlon.

• I agree. And to be honest, I don't like Marlon.

Poor Marlon :lol: ... but I think Bruno should go back to Italy or at least go away for a while from Brazil ....
    I have seen him makes incredible plays in Modena that in the national team I've never seen it done ....
    Brazil harm him serious health :lol:

• well, after he played playoffs here he said he wants to come back... he was really impressed by Modena's people (for sure if he'd come here in Rome he wouldn't he thought the same haha). I hope he will so I'll have the chance to see him play live :)

• well, after he played playoffs here he said he wants to come back... he was really impressed by Modena's people (for sure if he'd come here in Rome he wouldn't he thought the same haha). I hope he will so I'll have the chance to see him play live :)

Why?

• volleyball is not really followed here in Roma... when there's the NT there are always a lot of people but not during SerieA... there are probably 1000 people (and Roma has 3millions inhabitants!) every match and very very quiet... -.-

• volleyball is not really followed here in Roma... when there's the NT there are always a lot of people but not during SerieA... there are probably 1000 people (and Roma has 3millions inhabitants!) every match and very very quiet... -.-

In Modena volleyball is simply the life .... unfortunately is not a problem only in Rome .. in a few cities in Italy there is the culture of volleyball.
    However, between Modena and Bruno j think there is a true love ... :lol: still the fans and the modena's players tell to Bruno the team practice and the results ... :lol: I laugh too much on facebook :lol: Ricardinho has been five years in Modena, but he never raised this affection. :heart:

• In Modena volleyball is simply the life .... unfortunately is not a problem only in Rome .. in a few cities in Italy there is the culture of volleyball.
    However, between Modena and Bruno j think there is a true love ... :lol: still the fans and the modena's players tell to Bruno the team practice and the results ... :lol: I laugh too much on facebook :lol: Ricardinho has been five years in Modena, but he never raised this affection. :heart:

Well, he is not very affectionate guy :set:

In Modena volleyball is simply the life .... unfortunately is not a problem only in Rome .. in a few cities in Italy there is the culture of volleyball.

I actually noticed that there are really few teams that have a bad public like we have.. last year we were the only team that went to see the team away one time, and it was in Latina which is really close to Roma... here almost all the time there were people that came to see their teams.. even from Trento which is not exactly close from here... the problem is that most of the teams in Serie A are teams of little cities, cities that have no big football team like we do, so people focus on other sports.
    for the VDay here it was almost full of people coming from Trento and Cuneo.. both cities are like 10-11 hours of car away from here, but they came anyway and came back to their towns the same night.
    probably Modena has one of the best public here but it's also true that we have the worse one ever :(