Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=23722&Language=en

Teams already qualified :
    host -- Great Britain
    world cup (host Japan 20.Nov-04.Dec.2011) -- Russia
    world cup (host Japan 20.Nov-04.Dec.2011) -- Poland
    world cup (host Japan 20.Nov-04.Dec.2011) -- Brazil
    continental tournament Africa (Host Cameroon 16-21.January.2012) -- Tunisia
    continental tournament Europe (host Bulgaria 8-13.May.2012) -- Italy
    continental tournament Norceca (host USA 7-12.May.2012) -- USA
    continental tournament South America (host Argentina 11-13.May.2012) -- Argentina
    continental tournament Asia (Host Japan 1-10.Jun.2012) -- Australia
    world tournament Japan -- Serbia
    world tournament Germany -- Germany
    world tournament Bulgaria -- Bulgaria

World qualification tournament - hosts :
    - Japan (Tokyo 1-10.Jun.2012)
    - Germany (Berlin 8-10.Jun.2012)
    - Bulgaria (Sofia 8-10.Jun.2012)

http://www.volleyball-verband.…k7nklnfhkuigilag4tbb0l1mn
    http://www.federvolley.it/index.php?idnews=1286
    http://www.fivb.org/en/olympic…lification_process_VB.asp
    http://www.fivb.org/viewPressR….asp?No=34579&Language=en

• Who won this tournament?

• does it means that we will see a separate asian qualification tournament after many years ? :huh:

No - Japan has a special deal with FIVB. There will be world tournament together with Asian qualification.
    The best team plus the best from Asia will be qualified !

• No one :) All of these tournament will be in future.

In fact, I think they are in the future. I'm not sure what 'will be in the future' means. It means they are not part of the future, but will be at some point, but if this is true, then how do we know about them? Is it in the 4th dimension, waiting to unfold into the future? But then we somehow already have access to that dimension? I'm confused now.

• Asian countries always lose

• In fact, I think they are in the future. I'm not sure what 'will be in the future' means. It means they are not part of the future, but will be at some point, but if this is true, then how do we know about them? Is it in the 4th dimension, waiting to unfold into the future? But then we somehow already have access to that dimension? I'm confused now.

I'm confused bacause of your above questions.
    Please read link I added to my first post where dates of tournaments are mentioned.
    Usually World Cup is in November (2011) , continental qualification tournamets in January (2012) and world qualification tournaments in May (2012) !

In fact, I think they are in the future. I'm not sure what 'will be in the future' means. It means they are not part of the future, but will be at some point, but if this is true, then how do we know about them? Is it in the 4th dimension, waiting to unfold into the future? But then we somehow already have access to that dimension? I'm confused now.

Hahahahahaha... you're quite bored, aren't you? :D

• In fact, I think they are in the future. I'm not sure what 'will be in the future' means. It means they are not part of the future, but will be at some point, but if this is true, then how do we know about them? Is it in the 4th dimension, waiting to unfold into the future? But then we somehow already have access to that dimension? I'm confused now.

OMG :D :D You made me jolly up...

• No - Japan has a special deal with FIVB. There will be world tournament together with Asian qualification.
    The best team plus the best from Asia will be qualified !

:mad:

I know Japan will host all tournaments till eternity but why not 2 separate tournaments ? (both in Japan)
    What's the logic behind this? just because Japan can't play in two tournaments in a short period ?

• :mad:

I know Japan will host all tournaments till eternity but why not 2 separate tournaments ? (both in Japan)
    What's the logic behind this? just because Japan can't play in two tournaments in a short period ?

One tournament means 2 places for OG so Japan has better chance to qualify :whistle:

• Hahahahahaha... you're quite bored, aren't you? :D

hahahaha yeah I was at work. That is some funny shit though, you have to admit :P Ah man, I love this forum!

• hahahaha yeah I was at work. That is some funny shit though, you have to admit :P Ah man, I love this forum!

Yop, sure, I already did :D There were some cases last summer while I was having my internship, I was also going crazy, so the forum kinda provided me with an alternative.. I know what you mean :)

• Competition schedule, released this morning:

http://media.ticketmaster.com/…on2012/oly-volleyball.pdf
    :drink:

Stupid prices.
    We all know that VB is close from nothing in GB, and there's no ticket under 20£ !

20 £ for a random OG game is OK for a VB fan, but not for people knowing neither the players nor the game rules.

I guess all we'll see in VB halls would be a handful of British VB fans and whatever international fans who will travel to London to enjoy OG.
    So long for new comers discovering the game ... :thumbdown:

• Stupid prices.
    We all know that VB is close from nothing in GB, and there's no ticket under 20£ !

20 £ for a random OG game is OK for a VB fan, but not for people knowing neither the players nor the game rules.

I guess all we'll see in VB halls would be a handful of British VB fans and whatever international fans who will travel to London to enjoy OG.
    So long for new comers discovering the game ... :thumbdown:

I agree, especially with regard to the early rounds. For our national cup finals (mens and womens on the same day) we had maybe 1,500 spectators and Earls Court will have 18,000 seats to fill for every game. Hopefully there will be plenty of international visitors... :whistle:

• I think worse than European Ch in Turkey in 2009 is impossible. In OG we will have a lot of foreing people in London. So maybe the gym will not be empty.

This gym is too big (18.000). It would be better a gym with 10.000 seats like volleyball is not popular in GB.