Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• I agree, especially with regard to the early rounds. For our national cup finals (mens and womens on the same day) we had maybe 1,500 spectators and Earls Court will have 18,000 seats to fill for every game. Hopefully there will be plenty of international visitors... :whistle:

FIVB knows about many Poles, Bulgarians and Brazilians in the UK :rolll: :serve:
    But it would be better if the arena was not so big.10-12k seats would be enough...

PS.Matt, the cup was held at Crystal Palace with almost all filled seats.Volleyball in the UK is still at amateur level so its not possible to bring much more people to watch volleball of domestic teams.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W8D3X3hl1Y

• So technically I could fly over to London and go and watch volleyball during the Olympics? is that right? (I'm in Holland).

• So technically I could fly over to London and go and watch volleyball during the Olympics? is that right? (I'm in Holland).

If I could fly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Cca-7UX-E

• It was officially announced today from BVF that Bulgaria will host the European Qualification Tournament for the OG in London 2012 8-13 May 2012 with the new sports arena in Sofia. :drink:

wow, I am kinda excited, we haven't been host any significant tournament from years :thumbsup:

hope the new arena will be full with volleyball fans :dance4:

• London finals have sold out, both mens and womens :cheesy: This is great news for volleyball :drink: Elsewhere there are plenty of tickets available.

Here is a PDF showing which sessions are available (pages 39 and 40)
    Here are instructions on how to buy tickets in the second round of sales if you bid in the first round (for any sport)

Good luck!

host -- Great Britain

So it's sure that there will be a GB rapresentative? I heard times ago that there was the possibility that they won't partecipate with VB...

And sorry, I don't remember well, at the Olympics UK have only "UK" rapresentatives or it's like in rugby or soccer (Englad, Scotland...)

• Yes, sold out! GB will be there, both men and women.

In the Olympics it is GB, not England, Scotland Wales and NI seperately as in football etc.

The Home Nations of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland even will play under the British Volleyball Federation's (BVF) administration as Great Britain (GB).

• Denmark and Georgia open Olympic qualification process
    The Olympic qualification process for London 2012 starts this weekend as the men’s national teams of Denmark and Georgia cross their ways for a double header that will be held in the city of Holte, some 20 km outside of Copenhagen.
    These matches are only the kick-off of a long series of rounds that will finally determine the European contingent participating in the Volleyball events at the 2012 Olympics. This process will come to a close next May with the Continental Qualification Tournament.
    The games starring Denmark and Georgia will be played this Saturday and Sunday. Denmark, the country that will be co-hosting with Poland the final round of the 2013 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men, has started a very intensive program for the development of its national team that included a five-week long training camp for this pre-qualification round with the guys from the Caucasus. If Denmark advances to the next round, their opponent will be Spain, quite a great challenge for the young Danish team that shall get ready to deliver its best in 2 years.
    CEV

• Poland the final round of the 2013 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Me

Poland is everywhere :white:

• 2nd match: Denmark - Georgia 3:0 (25:15, 25:8, 25:16) stats

Denmark advances to elimination round with double win over Georgia
    Denmark advanced this past weekend to the elimination round of the Olympic qualification for London 2012 with two consecutive victories against Georgia.
    Denmark performed in front of an enthusiastic crowd in Holte, a city located some 20 km north of Copenhagen, clipping a speedy 3:0 (25-14, 25-11, 25-13) on Saturday. The home team played a very good game, with effective attacks and good serving. Georgia was under pressure for most of the time and it was very difficult for the guests from the Caucasus to cope with such a motivated home team.
    As the two Federations had agreed upon having both matches in Denmark, the return was played on Sunday, once again in Holte. Although Georgia improved its game in comparison with the first match, still Denmark seized the day with another 3:0 (25-15, 25-8, 25-16). The hosts had prepared very well for this game with the help of US American head coach Fred Sturm; by serving well they easily controlled the Georgian attacks and scored a comfortable win, with a massive margin in the second set where the guests could pocket only 8 points.
    In the next round – always governed by the same format, home and away – Denmark will play a much tougher opponent, 2007 European champion Spain, that this past July got silver at the finals of the 2011 CEV Volleyball European League held in Kosice, Slovakia.
    Although they are already looking forward to the matches with Spain coming up in late August, the guys from Denmark are mainly embarking on a long-term development process for the final round of the 2013 European Championship that their country will be co-hosting together with Poland.
    CEV

• Elimination Round
    27./28.08.2011 / 3.4.09.2011 Denmark - Spain
    03.09.2011 / 04.09.2011 Bosnia & Herzegovina - Greece
    27.08.2011 / 03.09.2011 Romania - Netherlands
    28.08.2011 / 03.09.2011 Israel - Ukraine
    26.08.2011 / 03.09.2011 Hungary - Latvia
    26.08.2011 / 02.09.2011 Montenegro - Former Y.R. of Macedonia

• The Nederlands squad (probable) :

Freriks, Abdel-Aziz, Hoogendoorn, Jorna, van Dijk, Trommel, Rauwerdink, Kooistra, Bontje, Vlam, Lorsheidj, Krolis, Maan

This team went in Finland to play 3 matches vs Finland. Kooistra is in squad but again no Horstink :what: :aww: