Olympic Games - 2012 London (qualification process)

• B= Great Britain, Italy, Poland, Argentina, Bulgaria, Australia am I correct?

according to volleyball.it the groups are:
    Pool A: Gran Bretagna, Italia, Polonia, Argentina, Bulgaria, Australia
    Pool B: Brasile, Russia, Usa, Serbia, Germania, Tunisia

...so yes you're correct!

• Not only we had players with flu, but Camillo Placi had bone infection and stayed on his own risk with the team for the match with France :obey:

http://www.bgvolleyball.com/new.php?id=10275

• So it seems Bulgaria will be in group B with Poland ;)

Muse, Aleksiev was the best spiker on this tournament, and I don't mean only statistically. He finally showed his best in attack for Bulgaria :olympia:

• So we officially qulified...
    Again our attack trough the centre was missing, cooperation between Zhekov and Kaziyski wasn't very good, there was some inaccuracy. Aleksiev was quite efficient in attack, I mean that he played clear, with very few mistakes on this element while was still on court during first two sets - he even made an ace! :D Sokolov is the top scorer, although I wasn't that much impressed by his attack today, but on the other hand he compensated with 4 Aces! :obey: Congrats for Tedi Salparov - he did well. Yosifov was kinda missing on block, Todorov managed a little bit better than him, but still Egypt played not bad in the middle. Abdalla was 2in1 - setter and a spiker - Gosh! I stopped counting how many times he attacked the second ball :sos: , maybe half of them were directly successful, though. Egypt made a loooot of mistakes on serve, too many, indeed. In the third set, after having qualified officially, we played quite bad, distracted, both Bratoevi came on court instead of Zhekov and Aleskiev. In forth set all came to its place and we close it fast. Again we outplayed our opponent on block.
    Pakistan stayed in the hall to watch our match, but French team left right after their victory.
    Right before our match some freaky fire alarm system turned on and we got a little bit upset, but it got clear it's a false alert, after that on several times it turned on again, but already nobody paid any attention to it. A lot of posters against Lazarov, but when I called my parents after the match and asked them if they showed them on TV, their answer was NO! I'm totally disgusted by this censor, although I knew that it will be like that, also when we started to scan for Stoychev on breakes, they turned on the music... :thumbdown:
    Nice and touching moments after the end of match, a lot of joy and applauses, but the ghost presence of the Engineer I must admit somehow spoils my mood at the moment.

EDIT: Before the start of the match Matey was awared with big golden cup for Best Bulgarian volleyball player for 2011 acorrding readers of sportal.bg

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• although I knew that it will be like that, also when we started to scan for Stoychev on breakes, they turned on the music...

Welcome to 1984

• Salparov - best receiver and digger :obey: Exiga made some phenomenal saves of our serves, but Tedi was not a level below :olympia:

• Bulgarians, thank you for this one reason to smile today :heart: See ya at the Olympics!
    It was hard for me yesterday, 'cause France is close to my heart too... but the winner could be only one. I feel sorry for French and happy for Bulgarians in the same time. Tough life :S
    Congrats for Germans and Australians :win: Say what you want. Even if we're going to see not German team but Grozer team at the Olympics, it will be still a pleasure to watch. Ofc. I hope that rest of guys will join him in the game ;)

I feel sorry for Iranians... I support them to the end. It was nice to see them fighting with Japan even though this match was actually for nothing. Crushing end of the second set and Ghafour playing good game. I also hope that Velasco will stay. Doesn't matter that they didn't make it to London, he made a really good team and he still can make them playing even better. More work = more effects. Just give the chance to Velasco ;)

• Muse, Aleksiev was the best spiker on this tournament, and I don't mean only statistically. He finally showed his best in attack for Bulgaria :olympia:

Apollo on fire :D He's kinda a national hero now not just a man of the day.

• Cheers for our loveliest supporters in this forum :drink:

One for the official Bulgarian hater Kaziyski :lol: :drink:

• I see u r obsessed with me :rolll: but wont deal woth u, simply dont want to waste my time.

mosi

Velasco must stay! If federatin sack him it will be big big mistake. Its obvious players would follow him everywhere, they r listening him on every TO and have great respect for him. If Julio stays we will see Iran in WL next year, I'm sure ;)

• I see u r obsessed with me :rolll: but wont deal woth u, simply dont want to waste my time.

mosi

Velasco must stay! If federatin sack him it will be big big mistake. Its obvious players would follow him everywhere, they r listening him on every TO and have great respect for him. If Julio stays we will see Iran in WL next year, I'm sure ;)

You didn't understand me properly, that was supportive for you since you were blamed once that you hate our team for criticizing it :wavy:

• My apologies then

Haven't been here for quite a long time but OMG..Have you ever seen Aleksiev attacking? He even has a little progress on reception, he was defiinitely on fire this tournament.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona