The 2012 CEV European League

• WTF.....

I'm sorry for Turkish NT, they deserved it in the end, imo, because of their comeback.

Wow, Dutch NT will play in WL next year :whistle: :whistle: I don't know whether I should be happy or sad... :whistle: :whistle:

With current roster it will be a nightmare....such weak players, except our setter. Do they expect Nimir to score his own sets or what?

Anyway, congratulations guys, you worked very hard for it, I know, and actually I am not allowed to blame you, because you can't play better...

• but no matter, EL is mega poor, if Turkey won it would be the same = cannon meat in WL qualies

Totally agree. It's very sad, but the truth.

• they wont play for sure. First they have to deal with WL qualies in August ;) Nimir was great, he should be core of new Holland :drink:

• they wont play for sure. First they have to deal with WL qualies in August ;) Nimir was great, he should be core of new Holland :drink:

Oh, I didn't know that :lol: :lol: Who will be the opponent in qualies?

Nimir is great, I know. And only 20 years old.. He, on his own, is the new Dutch NT..there is no other new player like him in Dutch volleyball :whistle:

• I haven't enough time earlier (busy watching BUL - GER match) but now I want to congratulate Dutch team. I hope they will play in WL next year :win:

• Individual awards

Most Valuable Player (MVP): Emre Batur (TUR)
    Best Scorer: Serhat Coşkun (TUR)
    Best Spiker: Iban Perez (ESP)
    Best Server: Nimir Abdel-Aziz (NED)
    Best Blocker: Jorge Fernandez Valcarcel (ESP)
    Best Receiver: Gustavo Delgado Escribano (ESP)
    Best Setter: Nimir Abdel-Aziz (NED)
    Best Libero: Gijs Jorna (NED)

• Is it a new custom of CEV? MVP goes to the losing host?

This time it is deserved. Emre Batur was by far the best attacker on the court, in the final. He is a great allround player.I would recommend him a transfer to Itay to improve. :teach:

• I was very surprised to see your comment about NT Sander. I think I saw another team playing more then once this year??
    Last years it was al about the players themselves, macho's... Horstink,Kooy etc
    This time I enjoyed the pleasure of the players and the joy they had together.
    Saw some good youngsters,playing for first summer in NT, like Thomas Koelewijn( playing good in final), Thijs ter Horst ( did good job to replace Rauwerdink ) Bas van Bemmelen, Robin Overbeeke.
    These players have future, a few more summers together,and in winter in good competions, and I think that's good for our NT.

• I was very surprised to see your comment about NT Sander. I think I saw another team playing more then once this year??
    Last years it was al about the players themselves, macho's... Horstink,Kooy etc
    This time I enjoyed the pleasure of the players and the joy they had together.
    Saw some good youngsters,playing for first summer in NT, like Thomas Koelewijn( playing good in final), Thijs ter Horst ( did good job to replace Rauwerdink ) Bas van Bemmelen, Robin Overbeeke.
    These players have future, a few more summers together,and in winter in good competions, and I think that's good for our NT.

Why were you surprised ?( In my opinion the players you mention lack quality for WL next year. (kanonnenvoer). Of course, they will (hopefully) improve in the future, and indeed the atmosphere in the team is much better now.. but that's not what I was talking about.

• Why were you surprised ?( In my opinion the players you mention lack quality for WL next year. (kanonnenvoer). Of course, they will (hopefully) improve in the future, and indeed the atmosphere in the team is much better now.. but that's not what I was talking about.

For this moment they are not good enough for CL, but I think they will learn a lot to play matches in Champions League,every player starts to learn a lot,not to have good results.
    I think we have to give them time, and give them trust. This is future for Holland,and I think good future. Some young players are going to Italy or stay in Italy ( Thijs ter Horst, Floris van Rekom, Nimir etc)
    That's good for their learningprocess.

• This time it is deserved. Emre Batur was by far the best attacker on the court, in the final. He is a great allround player.I would recommend him a transfer to Itay to improve. :teach:

Actually problem for Emre is not where he plays. Since he is very special and good universal player, different trainers force him to play different position in both NT and league (Opp, OH and MB) if he keep playing only one position for at least 2 years consistently (both league and NT) he would be totally world class player who can upgrade Turkish NT to international level. Moreover, he is just 24 years old. He transfer to Halkbank from Fenerbahçe for next season but I really wonder which position he will play. Because Halkbank has already opposite player of NT Serhat Coskun and as OH William Reid Priddy - Luis Augusto Díaz. Probably he will play as MB again in league and OH for NT :down:

• Congratulations, Netherlands! We are awaiting you in the World League :drink: