Hubert Wagner Memorial 2012

• Of course he should have playing time in friendlies but he isn't a 19 year old kid to build confidence and experience so if he doesn't play in the important matches what is the difference if he plays or not in friendlies? Kubiak also doesn't see playing time in important matches and has to wait if Kurek or Winiarski has a bad day or is injured. That's the faith of those two players Kubiak and Ruciak but they have to settle with it, Kubiak played a lot last year in WL I think it was and I believe Ruciak will also get his chance. And with this serve, Ruciak has the advantage over Kubiak to play if only for 1-2 points in every set in the important matches. For fans that's very little, but for him it's not because if he scores an ace in the end of the set, he would feel he has contributed for the win which is quite important for a player's confidence and development.

This particular match that he was benched I can't comment. Maybe he was not feeling well, maybe Anasthasi has sonething in mind or maybe the coach simply forgot him. But again, I don't think this single match is of much relevance.

triglav, I know Rucek doesn't need to play in friendly match to gain a confidence. This guy knows his value, I know his value, coach knows his value, everybody know his value and I think that many teams would like to have such bench player like him. I'm saying that I just wanted to see him playing at least one match, WHOLE match. Just to see in what shape he is. 'Cause I really don't know. Last time I saw him more in game in NT was this famous match vs Italy on WC. If not Kubiak's problems with ankle after his heroic jumping on the tables, Rucek might not enter the court in this match, I guess. He's last outside-hitter in the hierarchy from what I see. Still very important but still he is frozen by Andrea. Now I'm waiting for the moment to see him not only as a service-boy but as a special agent saving the moment.

• triglav, I know Rucek doesn't need to play in friendly match to gain a confidence. This guy knows his value, I know his value, coach knows his value, everybody know his value and I think that many teams would like to have such bench player like him. I'm saying that I just wanted to see him playing at least one match, WHOLE match. Just to see in what shape he is. 'Cause I really don't know. Last time I saw him more in game in NT was this famous match vs Italy on WC. If not Kubiak's problems with ankle after his heroic jumping on the tables, Rucek might not enter the court in this match, I guess. He's last outside-hitter in the hierarchy from what I see. Still very important but still he is frozen by Andrea. Now I'm waiting for the moment to see him not only as a service-boy but as a special agent saving the moment.

About the shape as physical condition - don't worry, he's gaining this in practice. As for playing time - you are right, but if he's only going to throw some bombs from the service line why does he have to have playing time and adjust to his teammates and everything? After all Kurek and Winiarski also need adjustments, don't think that by playing in Sofia they are ready for the OG. But coach Anasthasi knows better than us ;)
    And it's harsh, I know. Being the fourth choice when you are that good. But I said it and I'll say it again - he has the advantage over Kubiak that despite being one option after him, he is involved in matches that Kubiak isn't just because of his service talent. And Ruciak is in the NT. What about players like Boyan Yordanov, Nikolay Uchikov(best scorer in A2 previous season), Daniel Plinski, Raphael de Oliveria...