2013 FIVB Junior World Championship - Turkey - 22/08

• This system isn't fair at all. On one side u 4 team from Africa and on other Spain, Belgium, Greece, Bulgaria and Germany which wont play in Turkey. I agree volleyball should be developed on other continents but 2nd nad 3rd teams from ECH whose are stronger than 90% teams on WCH. :aww:

You know my personal opinion about this, I completely agree, I have said already stated it in previous years' topics. I am afraid with the new FIVB president being a Brazilian it is going to be like that for the years to come. This expansion of teams is practically made to the detriment of Europe and quality will diminish in favour of geographic distribution. And as good as it can be for the overall volleyball growth, I will never accept 4 teams from Africa in comparison to only 6 from Europe.

That being said, Bulgaria and Germany had their chances, none the less even much better than Spain, Belgium and Greece. After all, even with the old format we wouldn't have them all.

• I don't think that "this expansion of teams is practically made to the detriment of Europe and quality will diminish in favour of geographic distribution". First because FIVB expanded other continents participation but not contracted european participation. At 2011 FIVB Junior World Championship, CEV sent 6 teams too. There's no detriment and lost of quality here, only an addition of new countries what I think is legit. Nevertheless, I agree with Kaziyski. IMO FIVB should expand to 24 teams and bring other european NTs.

• I don't think that "this expansion of teams is practically made to the detriment of Europe and quality will diminish in favour of geographic distribution". First because FIVB expanded other continents participation but not contracted european participation. At 2011 FIVB Junior World Championship, CEV sent 6 teams too. There's no detriment and lost of quality here, only an addition of new countries what I think is legit. Nevertheless, I agree with Kaziyski. IMO FIVB should expand to 24 teams and bring other european NTs.

You are giving a proof to my hypothesis - every continent gets an increased number of participants but Europe. 6 out of 20 is different from 6 out 12. Of course, I am not saying volleyball should become more popular in Europe, because it is relatively popular over here compared to other parts of the world, but the expansion is not concerning Europe in this case. And yes, the group games will be exotic, but probably less interesting than before mainly due to the weaker participants. When only elimination games bring some mystery, well, then I can say quality will suffer ;)

• Pool A (Ankara)

Turkey
    China
    Egypt
    India
    Morocco

Pool B (Ankara)

Argentina
    Iran
    Japan
    Mexico
    Estonia

Pool C (Izmir)

Serbia
    United States
    Tunisia
    Canada
    Rwanda

Pool D (Izmir)

Russia
    Brazil
    Italy
    France
    Venezuela

• Well, I guess we couldn't be luckier with that draw :thumbup: Japan is the most dangerous there. And if we get 1st place we cross with 4th from the other "weak" group.

Even though I don't have much faith in this generation as I had in the previous ones, I think we can make QF which should be good enough.

• I still think Pool A (with the hosts inside, of course) is much weaker. I would keep an eye on Iran and Estonia instead of Japan, it might not be as easy as it looks after all.

• 2 days to Go !

I wonder if equation is correct:

Turkey at home + secret weapon: interactif alan çizgileri = first time ever a Medal in World competition.

• You will never give up, right Bartek? This young group is a very talented and i believe that they can reach semifinal without help of any refree X( there are 3 players from 1995 generation

Baturalp Burak Güngör

Murat Yenipazar

Yiğit Gülmezoğlu

Metin Toy

Emre Şenol

Uğur Güneş

Koray Şahin

Vahit Emre Savaş

Alperay Demirciler

Gökhan Gökgöz

Ediz Kaan Fırıncıoğlu

Yasin Aydın

• If Turkey can win a Medal without Referees' help, does it mean that with Referees' help Turkey will win Gold Medal ?

By the way Winner probably will come from Group G.

• Better watch out, Someone may cut You something, if You have something there of course :lol:

• Keep eye on Yiğit Gülmezoğlu :thumbup: He has played as OPP,OH and setter in different age groups. If you are looking for the Turkish Zaytsev, here he is. :P

And he is just 18 years old :obey: by the way when did he play as oh?

• Iran looks good to me. OK, they had some blackouts but still it's a decent team with good tactical abilities and powerful attackers. Estonia had incredibile 41 errors :obey: and pushed them to win. I see Iran as the best team in this pool, tmrw vs Argentina will be decisive match

• Brazil got first set and Italy made 10 errors...
    Aren't they playing with the same roster in ECH last year?

• I couldn't find any live stream from Turkish channel :mad: come on it is hosted by Turkey and no live broadcasting on TV :wall: