2013 FIVB World Club Championship - Brazil - 15/10

• Camejo :wall: Why was he wasting his career in Asia ? He may be the best Cuban OH right now.
    Novosibirsk looks they are better than last year. Real threat for this years Champions League :obey:

I think Camejo still is in Asia - Novosibirsk is very much there :). I think the salary was the clear reason, they paid him seven figures last year. Novosibirsk is doing OK financially but I still suspect Camejo's wages went slightly down this year. What is truly interesting is if Novosibirsk will be able to win a medal of the national championship now. The squad is definitely stronger than what they had last year and the coach is much stronger too :).

• Lanza is playing so stable and strong that he makes people think he is playing 10 years as a leader of this team :obey:

That was from the start. In the fourth set, Trento received poorly and Suxho (who had a very good game I must say) had very little of choice. Sokolov once again failed completely when he was needed most. Perhaps, a slight excuse is that his opponent, Moroz, performed equally badly. A deserved win for Nsk over a good team. I have never seen though the Russian team winning whilst serving so poorly.

• I'm sorry for Trent but I think that Novosibirsk was superior: they played a really concrete game. On the other side the young Trento doesn't have to worry, they have to work hard and find day by day a better chemistry. it is just the beginning of the season, they'll grow and they will be hard to beat in the league!
    today they have the possibility to gain a medal, so c'mon guys!!! :box: :box:

about the other semifinal, Sada Cruzeiro has been really brilliant, Wallace was superlative, thanks also to the wonderful William. I also liked Leal! On the other UPCN did really little...to me Sada is favourite for the title, even though they lost in the game pool!

• That was from the start. In the fourth set, Trento received poorly and Suxho (who had a very good game I must say) had very little of choice. Sokolov once again failed completely when he was needed most. Perhaps, a slight excuse is that his opponent, Moroz, performed equally badly. A deserved win for Nsk over a good team. I have never seen though the Russian team winning whilst serving so poorly.

Sokolov is the best scorer in every tournament, but I woudn't give him to finish matchpoints and that's a problem for an opposite. Hope he will fight that off soon with experience.

• Suxho (who had a very good game I must say) had very little of choice.

Suxho had a terrible game. Lots of stupid decisions and rough sets. Butko was way better than him, despite Loko's weaker reception.

• Happy for Trento's third place. Today they played good, I liked Lanza and Sole but my MVP is Fedrizzi. as last year in Verona, he enters and he does a really good job!! :super:

let's see who will win now...Sada took the first despite doing 13 mistakes according to the fivb site!

• Crazy Brazilian atmosphere and Cruzeiro takes the first set without any problem! :)

Leal is on fire tonight, but Arjona is doing BRILLIANT job tonight! He made Loko's blockers going wild

• Crazy Brazilian atmosphere and Cruzeiro takes the first set without any problem! :)

Leal is on fire tonight, but Arjona is doing BRILLIANT job tonight! He made Loko's blockers going wild

Novosibirsk started losing the game in the first set from the service line, as they couldn't establish a decent middle attack. Moroz could have helped here but somehow he played two very strange games in the semi and in the final. These single-man blocks by Filipe simply should not happen to a decent opposite. As a result, Nsk was siding out predominantly from four and predominantly with problems.

The second point was block-defence. Those points that Douglas was scoring were just incredible as those were mainly defendable spikes. A nice kick-ass from the coach could have helped and I think Voronkov was a bit too late with this. His team didn't get into the game from the start and then the opponent was way too confident to let them into. The Cruzeiro coach did a good job by controlling the game, the team was very well concentrated.

• With the amazing performance by the Brazilians and the very shaky one by the Russians put aside, I find it disturbing that a Russian team can finish a three-set match with just two blocks, scored, as a matter of fact, by a setter and an outside attacker. You wouldn't really notice Astashenkov today, Volvich can be criticized as well. Still, we saw Zhilin, Leonenko, Mysin, Zubkov, but never Kozlov, just for the sake of refreshing the status. I agree Novosibirsk started the game very slowly, they should've reacted to Cruzeiro's euphoria much earlier. Leal deserves the MVP for his cannon serves or perhaps William for his overall organisation of the game. I think Divis (maybe with Golubev) was the only player from Lokomotiv who didn't underperform.

• Congratulations to Sada/Cruzeiro! :cup: :woohoo:

Brilliant game! The team worked like a machine today. I couldn't remember middle-blockers missing spikes. According to FIVB stats, Douglas spiked 9 from 12 and Éder 8 from 10. William had a good reading of the game and Leal, Filipe and Serginho were also great.

I think the Russians lost the match with a bad serving. You can't let a Brazilian team play so easily with MBs and any pressure on Ohs and Opp.
    Moreover, Sada was focused on every single action of the game and the crowd helped them out a lot. A outstanding performance for sure!

It's the first time non-italian teams have it. Big congrats! :drink:

• Awards
    MVP: Wallace Souza (SDC)

All-Star team
    Opp: Tsvetan Sokolov (TRE)
    S: William Arjona (SDC)
    OHs: Yoandy Leal (SDC) and Lucas Divis (NOV)
    MDs: Emanuele Birarelli (TRE) and Matteo Burgsthaler (TRE)
    L: Sérgio Nogueira (SDC)

• I liked the Cuban Players and Lanza and Fedrizzi in this tournament :)