2013 South American Championship (6-10 August)

• The competition will take place in Cabo Frio, Brazil, from 4 to 10 August. First and second secure berth to the 2014 World Championship.
    Brazil won 28 in 29 editions.
    The brazilian team didn't participate in 1964 due to a military coup in the country.

(Cancelled - Look post 5!!!)
    Pool A

Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia

Pool B
    Argentina
    Paraguay
    Venezuela

Schedule fixed

17.30* - Argentina X Paraguay
    20.30 - Brazil X Chile

17.30 - Argentina X Venezuela
    20.30 - Brazil X Colombia

17.30 - Venezuela X Paraguay
    20.30 - Colombia X Chile

14.30 - 3rd A X 3rd B
    17.30 - 2nd A X 1st B
    20.30 - 1st A X 2nd B

18.45 - 3rd place
    21.45 - Final

*Local time

• Hmm... doesn't the third also qualify?

BTW this is the most boring tournament in existence, all matches will end 3-0 except chile-colombia :aww:

• No. CSV gives 3 spots, but South American Championship only 2. The 3rd will be contested at the 2014 Men's World Championship Qualification Tournament in Colombia from 11 to 15 September.

• No. CSV gives 3 spots, but South American Championship only 2. The 3rd will be contested at the 2014 Men's World Championship Qualification Tournament in Colombia from 11 to 15 September.

And why do they do that?

In other order of things, Castellani is injured and won't play. Pablo (or Pavel) Kukartsev will replace him (he is in the junior team, argentinian born, son of russian volleyball players).

• Venezuela didn't arrive and formula has changed. Now teams play a Round Robin tournament starting from today.

New schedule
    17.30* - Argentina X Chile
    20.30 - Brazil X Paraguay

17.30 - Chile X Paraguay
    20.30 - Brazil X Colombia

17.30 - Colombia X Chile
    20.30 - Argentina X Paraguay

17.30 - Argentina X Colombia
    20.30 - Brazil X Chile

18.45 - Colombia X Paraguay
    21.45 - Brazil X Argentina

*Local time

• And why do they do that?

In other order of things, Castellani is injured and won't play. Pablo (or Pavel) Kukartsev will replace him (he is in the junior team, argentinian born, son of russian volleyball players).

Good question. I asked myself too. Maybe there's other interests like to create another championship, bring volleyball experience to another places, commercial stuffs, money, etc.

• 5 teams make a championship with FIVB WR points.
    And I don't think this tournament has higher level than other 4-team friendly tournaments, like Hubert Wagner Memorial.

• Brazil starting-six
    Opp: Wallace
    OH: Lipe and Lucarelli
    S: Bruno
    MB: Lucão and Sidão
    L: Mário

Brazil leads 8-2. Two faults. The team is playing seriously at least. this match won't last more than 1 hour.

The good thing is to watch Sidão back. We need him.
    The crowd is happy. They usually don't have the opportunity of watching the NT in the hall.

• 5 teams make a championship with FIVB WR points.
    And I don't think this tournament has higher level than other 4-team friendly tournaments, like Hubert Wagner Memorial.

Yes. Unfortunately, the tournament don't have a high level. Only Brazil and Argentina have. Venezuela had a promising team years ago but any structure to keep it. The problem they had with the fly today shows it very well.

• That's over. Brazil 3X0 (25:7, 25:8, 25:5). :white:
    I never saw such result in a male game. It's a kind of record to me.

I wonder what happened with Sidão. If they felt something or only went to the bathroom. I saw him leaving the court after the sub.

• Chile 3 x 1 Paraguay (22-25, 25-16, 25-20 e 25-21)
    Best scorer: Sebastian Gevert 19 pts (Chile)

Brazil x Colombia will start in 15 minutes :)

Silver Medal 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League - Women

Edited once, last by José ().

• Brazil line-up
    Opp: Vissotto
    OH: Dante and Lucarelli
    S: Bruno
    MB: Lucão and Sidão (I guess he only asked to go to the bathroom yesterday) :lol:
    L: Mário Jr.

Brazil X Colombia. Will we discover a new Montaño today?