2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Weird year for Russia, not reaching top 4 in both WL and WCH. Does the team really miss Verbov and Sivozhelez that much?
    And congrats once again for Poland. Semifinals will be fun. :D

• Eh, so Iran managed to get to the tiebreak, but France completed their job and took the victory despite a pretty big loss in the 4th set.

It would definitely be nice to see Iranians ending this tournament on a positive note, with a victory, rather than another loss, but it was still a great overall performance regardless :) Thank you guys, again. God and now they're going to Lodz again :roll:

• Weird year for Russia, not reaching top 4 in both WL and WCH. Does the team really miss Verbov and Sivozhelez that much?
    And congrats once again for Poland. Semifinals will be fun. :D

Verbov, Volkov, Tethiukin, Michaylov, Sivozhelez....almost whole starting-six :teach:

• Btw - no serve from Mussersky, no victory, as I said long before Kaziyski and the other people, Russia depends on him too much :whistle:

• I didn't know Antiga speaks Polish :P

:lol:
    he struggled a bit, but it sounded not that bad. I am impressed......

I feared Polska would still bottle it but now everything is fine. I am really looking forward to this semi. This year, german teams have a good record of beating the host in semi-finals 8o :wavy: 8)

• I didn't know Antiga speaks Polish :P

Yes, he is :D he played 7 years in Poland: 2007-2011 in Skra Bełchatów, then 2011-2013 in Delecta Bydgoszcz and in last season back in Bełchatów, so he had some time to learn language and get know our mentality :D of course Philippe Blain as assistant is huge support for him ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Polish language is very hard, so don't judge him :)

• I don't even want to elaborate on that too much, I'll just say: BRAVO, POLSKA 8) Glad they eventually took the victory :) Good luck in Katowice! :drink:

• Polish language is very hard, so don't judge him :)

It's hard indeed but I won't understand it because I'm a Pole :P

• Russian reception: 12,09% excellent :white:

You just cant win a match with that number if your best attacker is MB and your opposite is rather dependant on speed than on height.

• Wlazły according to P-3 with 65% :thumbsup: Polish reception 57,95% excellent :D

• Spiridonov showed his behaviour again - he spitted on spectator :whistle:

• Verbov, Volkov, Tethiukin, Michaylov, Sivozhelez....almost whole starting-six :teach:

Tetyukhin retired from NT after OG in London so I dont understand why people count him as missing player. Russia paid high price for winning gold in London. Till this day Khey didnt catch form he had before London, Volkov got injured and he is near retirement, Tetyukhin retired etc. From golden squad on WCH were playing only Grankin, Pavlov, Muserskiy, Apalikov and Ilinykh. I think Voronkov gave up on Obmochaev and Sokolov, Berezhko is injured but I doubt he would be part of WCH squad, Mikhaylov injured etc.

About tactical side... Voronkov totally missed in all key matches. Apalikov is out of form, he cant block, spike or serve, player less for Russia. OH's mega poor, probably the worst OH pair (Ilinykh and Spiridonov) among all FF 6 teams. Pavlov isnt Grozer, Wlazly or Rouzier. Grankin played decent, with poor reception he couldnt do much. IMO Voronkov should resign after match for 5th place. Obviously he cant motivate and prepare team in acceptable way. For Pavlov, Makarov, Volvich and Apalikov probably this was last WCH. On next WCH I expect Poletaev, Pankov, Vlasov in team.

• You have got to be kidding me! That is just rude and unforgivable! He is not just a disgusting sportsman but also a person! Shame on him..

Sorry for the language guys

I want to say that's not true, but I found it on polsih media :what:
    Link (in Polish) http://www.sport.pl/siatkowka/…_Aleksiej_Spiridonow.html

• Tetyukhin retired from NT after OG in London so I dont understand why people count him as missing player. Russia paid high price for winning gold in London. Till this day Khey didnt catch form he had before London, Volkov got injured and he is near retirement, Tetyukhin retired etc. From golden squad on WCH were playing only Grankin, Pavlov, Muserskiy, Apalikov and Ilinykh. I think Voronkov gave up on Obmochaev and Sokolov, Berezhko is injured but I doubt he would be part of WCH squad, Mikhaylov injured etc.

About tactical side... Voronkov totally missed in all key matches. Apalikov is out of form, he cant block, spike or serve, player less for Russia. OH's mega poor, probably the worst OH pair (Ilinykh and Spiridonov) among all FF 6 teams. Pavlov isnt Grozer, Wlazly or Rouzier. Grankin played decent, with poor reception he couldnt do much. IMO Voronkov should resign after match for 5th place. Obviously he cant motivate and prepare team in acceptable way. For Pavlov, Makarov, Volvich and Apalikov probably this was last WCH. On next WCH I expect Poletaev, Pankov, Vlasov in team.

Do You mean last ECH and World League ?( It was definitely not World Championships :!: And in London there was no Pavlov because there was Butko :wavy: and in last WCH Russian also had failure because they were 5th, but it was Bagnoli's era... there were Komarov as L or Astashenkov and Scherbinin as backup MBs...