2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Wow what a match!
    I`m so proud and good luck to the end of tournament :D

• My mistake, so 4 players from OG were here. Count how much from London were in German, Brazilian or Polish roster. French even missed OG..

For me there isnt any difference between Bagnoli's and Voronkov's Russia. Both played poor and totally underperformed. Coaches fault.

Spiridonov should be fined and banned from last match..

• My mistake, so 4 players from OG were here. Count how much from London were in German, Brazilian or Polish roster. French even missed OG..

For me there isnt any difference between Bagnoli's and Voronkov's Russia. Both played poor and totally underperformed. Coaches fakultet.

From London we had: Apalikov, Grankin, Muserskiy and Ilinykh - total change.
    From Italy we had: Grankin, Biryukov, Makarov and Muserskiy - also 4 players, but another

So only Grankin and Muserskiy are with team. They lost big weapons - Verbov, Mikhaylov, Sivozhelez, Khtey in good shape and Volkov. One Muserskiy isn't enough :wavy: maybe Butko could help, but who would be OP ?( Zemchenok? :aww: maybe Poleatev would have got a chance...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• PARTY!

:D

We are ALIVE! I can't believe. Though I never stoped believe in these guys. Doesn't make any sense, I know :D Will be short 'cause too many emotions don't let me stay in one place more than 5 minutes. I'm literally flying over my place. Love you, guys :flower: These two additional sets weren't necessary at all but who cares now, we won in epic tie-break again :woohoo: Geez, I'm so stupid now :D Whole team was a gold but two more words: WLAZŁY :obey: Holy lolly, dude is smashing in last few matches :cheesy: & Nowakowski :rolll: seems he unchoked!
    And Kubiak with his little baby girl in pink headphones :heart: :gone:

See you, Germans, pleasure to meet you in Spodek ;) Good luck, both, French and Brazilians :)

:woohoo:

• I would take Poletaev for sure. He played in Superleague Finals, did great job and probably would have been surprising factor here. Russia didnt have good 2nd setter. Butko is perfect for this role.

I completely forgot on Biryukov :rolll: :obey: why he didnt get chance is a mystery

• I would take Poletaev for sure. He played in Superleague Finals, did great job and probably would have been surprising factor here. Russia didnt have good 2nd setter. Butko is perfect for this role.

I completely forgot on Biryukov :rolll: :obey: why he didnt get chance is a mystery

I wonder why, Voronkov preferred Ilinykh, Spiridonov and Savin so stubbornly :whistle: Biryukov got chances only in less important games...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• & Nowakowski :rolll: seems he unchoked!

My mother, when she found out about him in starting six, tired of me complaining about him and yelling "Nowakowski, you ****" all the time, said "listen, they will win this, if you won't tell "Nowakowski" for entire match". So I called him "Piotruś" for entire game and it worked. Right now my mother claims that he is afraid of me and I have to treat him nice so he would play :lol:

And Kubiak with his little baby girl in pink headphones :heart: :gone:

I didn't see it :aww: This completely kills me every time :lol: He is sooooo whipped and cute with his baby girl :heart: Imagine her having her first boyfriend and him meeting him :lol: I saw our small kindergarden though and our daddies playing with their kids. Was it Winiarski older one with him or someone else? He was quite good already :dance6:

I'm so proud of them. And I'm over the moon, I cannot even write anything smart :lol:

Drzyzga and Zatorski mentioned that in 2006 they were together on some sport camp when we beat Russia and got into semi and they danced the dance of victory together the same way they did today along with Winiarski, Zagumny and Wlazly. That was sweet :gone:

Drzyzga plays very well. I didn't believe in this boy...

• BTW, I wouldn't take this "Spiridonow spad on fan" as a sure information. There's really A LOT OF bad blood between us and Russia and I wouldn't be surprised if some emotional fan overreacted and "exaggerated"

Spiridonow is a psycho, but he was quite calm today.

this game was much more nice and pretty that I feared. Bravo for Russian and Polish players (aside from Spiridonow if it's true). A bit smaller bravo for Polish audience, but well... at least it wasn't so bad as it could be :lol:

• Drzyzga plays very well. I didn't believe in this boy...

Told ya' :D Finally, I'm relaxed if it comes to setter case. Always talented, promising... We have been waiting a few years for a real competition for him to face it. I think he was born during these WCH. Born as a full-blooded setter. Not to mention he causes trouble in serve element. Mr Travolta :D

• i tried to follow both matches today but mostly paying attention to FRA X IRN.

wow, after 2nd set, when it was all sealed, both teams were playing with mostly reserves? i mean, in FRA, tillie kept only jenia and le goff on court and we had sidibe (what a match for him!!!), jaumel, tuia, lafitte and marechal. IRN played with mahdavi, mahmoodi, fayazi, ebadipour, gholami and tashakori. congrats to les bleus, and i'm hoping they get to the final (although i'd prefer if they were playing GER and not BRA).

if spiridonov really spat on someone, he should be arrested. incidentally, i was watched the 1996 semi between BRA and CUB in atlanta and at the end, regla torres runs over and spit across the net, that's why marcia fu runs under the net to confront the cubans. does anyone else remember that???? so ugly, and this from the "player of the century."

it's the end of the russian streak that began in 2011, no? they won everything since then… but not WCh crown for them.

• Well Yavor You have deleted Obmochaev posts with note vulgar and even banned Him and now what? You should be consequent and delete Your post and banned Yourself or don't come here for a month or stay and un-banned Obmochaev because as You see Everyone does mistakes.

Hmm, I see Bartek is pissed because we banned his spammer troll friends. Let me tell you a few things and I will close down the ban topic.

1. I didn't write the full word. It was deliberately chosen and I had my reasons. Yes, maybe it sounds a bit harsh, I am sorry if it is disturbing, but as I said, I had reasons. I know how difficult it is to promote volleyball in a pure football land (Germany, but it's the case in most countries), so when they flood the stream with ads they make you go away. The topic is long, I won't start it here, I would in a separate thread if you want me to. I stay behind my words, the more inappropriate of which I didn't write in full text.
    2. I didn't insult a forum member, a player or a nationality. I didn't provoke racist or minority discussions. It was pointed at the way they treat the chance to watch live streams. How many such posts did you have in Poland? Many, right?
    3. Don't worry, I have a life outside the forum, I don't come here all the time. I do it now more than ever because there is a lot to do. I could disappear for a month, no worries.
    4. We received many complaints about the users DarkHorse and Obmochaev. Some or one of them even wrote provocative personal messages to other users, this is not tolerable.
    5. I deleted some posts and banned the users, but I act as a last person. There is a moderators and admins' group, in which such an action was approved and suggested by all. The users had their warnings and are responsible for their actions.

Full stop. End of off-topic.

• Congratulations, team Poland! You did a great, great job! This team reminds of the one they had in 2006. And to be honest, I am really surprised Poland can fully function with players like Mika, Klos and Drzyzga, although I thought Drzyzga would need just more time. They are all totally fine, but I kind of feel the factor home support plays a major role for this new vision of the NT. When I saw Drzyzga in the starting line-up instead of Zagumny, I hoped Antiga knew what he was doing, but he and everyone else was brilliant. I had the feeling they would beat Russia even with the back-ups.

I was wrong about Russia. They didn't look differently in comparison to the game versus Brazil on Wednesday. I also think the missing players cannot be properly replaced. All due respect to Voronkov, but I agree with Kaziyski, maybe it's time for him to retire. It's a different team in terms of efficiency and style. Normally they would be looking for a new coach in Russia after a tournament like this.

• Hmm, I see Bartek is pissed because we banned his spammer troll friends. Let me tell you a few things and I will close down the ban topic.

1. I didn't write the full word. It was deliberately chosen and I had my reasons. Yes, maybe it sounds a bit harsh, I am sorry if it is disturbing, but as I said, I had reasons. I know how difficult it is to promote volleyball in a pure football land (Germany, but it's the case in most countries), so when they flood the stream with ads they make you go away. The topic is long, I won't start it here, I would in a separate thread if you want me to. I stay behind my words, the more inappropriate of which I didn't write in full text.
    2. I didn't insult a forum member, a player or a nationality. I didn't provoke racist or minority discussions. It was pointed at the way they treat the chance to watch live streams. How many such posts did you have in Poland? Many, right?
    3. Don't worry, I have a life outside the forum, I don't come here all the time. I do it now more than ever because there is a lot to do. I could disappear for a month, no worries.

Someone has finally said it! :obey:

• They are all totally fine, but I kind of feel the factor home support plays a major role for this new vision of the NT.

Oh, no doubt about it. It's a blessing actually, the fact we're playing at home. We're definitely not better than Brazil or Russia in terms of personnel, even France or USA seemed much better equipped at the start of the tournament and the mental burden on our team would be much, much bigger in some other country without such fantastic support. Now it seems to me that Polish players are just going with the flow ;) And everything is possible. Kinda like last season's Liverpool, but hopefully with a much happier ending :D

• Oh, no doubt about it. It's a blessing actually, the fact we're playing at home. We're definitely not better than Brazil or Russia in terms of personnel, even France or USA seemed much better equipped at the start of the tournament and the mental burden on our team would be much, much bigger in some other country without such fantastic support. Now it seems to me that Polish players are just going with the flow ;) And everything is possible. Kinda like last season's Liverpool, but hopefully with a much happier ending :D

I think the ending is already quite happy because they play once again as the team they used to be years ago. And they met practically every opponent so far, couldn't handle only USA. But I know you want more than that :)