2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• there was this joke after matches today in Polish TV, that you guys stole trophy (it was stolen in Brasil few months ago), because you were afraid to lose :lol:

lol I can imagine. Guys in Brazil must've stolen it because they don't want to let it go after being with us for so long. :rolll:

really?! :lol: Grebennikov is just a monster, master, king and genius :obey: :obey: :obey: Pawel play well.

I don't know. Grebennikov is amazing indeed, but Zatorski gives Poland so much defensive power too (and helps tremendously with reception too, as we saw today against Germany and those serves by Grozer). He may not leave the team fired up as Ignaczak does, but it must be frustrating for spikers to go against him in a match. :D I honestly think both deserve it. Not sure if being from another country gives me a different perception of Zatorski though, but the guy is really good.

• 2. Poland will go back to World #3, just like what they achieved after 2011 WCup.

3. Next year's World Cup commences really early so seemingly there won't be qualification tournaments (continental championships), instead, top 2 in WR of each continent will advance to World Cup. Rumor has that Brazil as the host of 2016 OG will forfeit the WCup, in which case vice-champion of WCH will qualify. So Poland are in the WCup next year.

if this is correct, this is very good news for... Italy. They will qualify to WC, because there's one extra place for european team, if Poland has place anyway for gold/silver on WCH

it's weird to see Germany before Serbia and Bulgaria. Also... poor France, they are still suffering from not being in OG

and what does it mean "very early"? Before ECH? There's WL. Before WL there are ligues. Weird...

• if this is correct, this is very good news for... Italy. They will qualify to WC, because there's one extra place for european team, if Poland has place anyway for gold/silver on WCH

it's weird to see Germany before Serbia and Bulgaria. Also... poor France, they are still suffering from not being in OG

and what does it mean "very early"? Before ECH? There's WL. Before WL there are ligues. Weird...

That's correct, men‘s World Cup will be held from Sept 8 to Sept 23 next year, while the ECh will be Oct 9 to Oct 18. And as you mentioned before WCup will be WL and ClubWCh and CEV cups and leagues, so there highly possibly will be no qualification tournaments for the WCup.

I haven't read anywhere that Brazil will forfeit the World Cup, though similar situation once happened to Chinese women's team back in 2007 (they were the runner up of Asian Championship that year after Japan but forfeited World Cup per FIVB's request).

By the way, according to a Russian source, Russia will hold 2018 men's WCh.
    I can smell sparks. lol.
    http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20140921/774138384.html

• Congrats to Polska and all polish users on board, what a tight match :thumbup:

I wrote before that i would be satisfied if Germany can make it a match and of course i am not satisfied now ;(

Poland was very beatable yesterday and the team missed a big chance to make the real deal. Anyway thats sports. We had a good party yesterday and overall it was enjoyable evening.
    Thanks to Polsat, by the way, who interfered in last minute into german free TV transmission. :cursing: Luckily we could switch to the stream, but i already heared of some spoiled partys and "public viewings".......

Referee decision in second set was of course wrong in many aspects. From pictures it looks like Günthör didn't overreach and even if he overreached, he was allowed to do it, as the ball was clearly flying towards the german side of the net. Tough and bad call, especially in this situation. Just sayin....... 8)

overreach?? :
    https://www.facebook.com/photo…3185773671&type=1&theater

• That's correct, men‘s World Cup will be held from Sept 8 to Sept 23 next year, while the ECh will be Oct 9 to Oct 18. And as you mentioned before WCup will be WL and ClubWCh and CEV cups and leagues, so there highly possibly will be no qualification tournaments for the WCup.

:what: that's just insane :what: How to prapare team for that?! European teams probably focus on WC and Olimpic qualification and the level of ECH will be aweful

By the way, according to a Russian source, Russia will hold 2018 men's WCh.
    I can smell sparks. lol.
    http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20140921/774138384.html

No really, the article says that Graca thinks it SHOULD be in Russia. We will see. If so, maybe it will help Russia to popularize volleyball

• Definetely a controversial call but it was the only help Poland got in the whole tournament and Germany had their chances again but Kampa's serve hit the net. Poland didn't play well yesterday, they really struggled in reception as serves from the German side were very good.

• I can't understand AT ALL why Fromm plays :aww:
    In the most matches he was not even in the roster...ok, he has some good attacks, but German reception is a mess because Kaliberda and Steuerwald have to do it alone...

Well, that was a little gamble by Heynen, of course. Fromm contributed well in attack but reception suffered, exactly as you said it. But maybe the match wouldn't have been so close, with Westphal/Schwarz on court, we'll never get to know it.

But this shows that Heynen got its overall tactics right. Not getting outserved against the "weaker" teams was his main goal, and finally this brought us to where we are now. The german team is still able to fight for a medal. I am curious, if Fromm will start again this afternoon......

• Definetely a controversial call but it was the only help Poland got in the whole tournament and Germany had their chances again but Kampa's serve hit the net. Poland didn't play well yesterday, they really struggled in reception as serves from the German side were very good.

Well, not much controversion for my taste, just a bad call :teach:
    Anyway, you are right of course, german team had other opportunities and in the end they spoiled it by themselves. I will not surf on this issue any longer...... 8)

• The judge has clearly stolen 2 set to Germany !!!!.
    At this point a lot of cheering against Poland, Go Brazil!

• Why have Mousavi and Marouf been removed from the list ??
    They are defiantly the best setter and defender.
    If you sum Kłos and Böhme defends it will be Mousavi's defends :lol:

Maybe they want to give awards only for Top 4 countries and because of it they cancelled other players :wavy: and I still don't think that Kampa is the best Setter :wacko:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It is idiotic , It would be better if they chose from top six.

I agree because both Mousavi and Marouf deserve to get awards :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Will Winiarski play in starting-six today?

And I think Modzonek should start instead of Nowakowski :teach:

• Grozer has some problems. I don't see him finishing this match. Great team effort so far :thumbup:

• I hope the changes being proposed by FIVB about centre line and back court attack infringements come into force soon. The way the game is evolving there needs to be a change to avoid injuries. Players landing on each others' feet is too much of a common thing now.. Lucky for Germany Grozer is able to play..

France slowly getting out of the hangover of yesterday's match. German middles it seems rarely attack?

• Having watched Germany mostly yesterday and today, I cant really understand how Kampa is topping the setting category?? Can someone explain?