2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Having watched Germany mostly yesterday and today, I cant really understand how Kampa is topping the setting category?? Can someone explain?

Imo, there is just no way to measure the quality of a setter by statistics. Of course, Kampa is not best setter of the tournament.

• Having watched Germany mostly yesterday and today, I cant really understand how Kampa is topping the setting category?? Can someone explain?

Is it because of Germany's reception, Kampa constantly need to make running sets? :D

Also, Bratoev and Travica were also awarded this award before. Kampa looks a more reasonable choice compared with them.

• Germany is on a good way to win the bronze :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I agree because both Mousavi and Marouf deserve to get awards :wavy:

I believe best players should be chosen from teams that played the most games throughout the tournament, otherwise it would be unfair in terms of best scorer or so.
    Therefore top4 teams have played 13 matches, while Russia and Iran played only 12.

I think this rule applies to all major tournaments at least in the London OG period (09-now).

• I believe best players should be chosen from teams that played the most games throughout the tournament, otherwise it would be unfair in terms of best scorer or so.
    Therefore top4 teams have played 13 matches, while Russia and Iran played only 12.

I think this rule applies to all major tournaments at least in the London OG period (09-now).

I think that FIVB changed system, we'll probably see MVP and best line-up (S-OP-2OHs-2MBs and L), no best scorer, best server, best receiver :wavy: so 1 game less shouldn't exclude Russia nad especially Iran from these awards...

in case of excluding Iran and Russia, then Setter can be Bruno/Kampa/Toniutti and MBs 2 from Lucas/Böhme/Kłos...

• Congratulations to Germans :thumbup: Heynen did good job ^^

• No really, the article says that Graca thinks it SHOULD be in Russia. We will see. If so, maybe it will help Russia to popularize volleyball

You're right, I read it a second time and found Graca's words are Russia is among the competitors with Qatar and Argentina. And interestingly I found a piece of news back in 2012, when Bulgaria showed interest in hosting 2018 WCH, Graca basically said the same thing:
    “You have everything needed to host the World Championship – great hall, a big team and a country, which is devoted to the sports. In addition, after the wonderful organisation of the League finals, you have a great dossier as a host.”
    (it makes me believe Graca thinks everyone has everything needed in hosting a WCH)
    Besides, Russia are hosting 2018 FIFA World Cup. To me, hosting two major events is too much for a country.

• Really sad ending for France -The loss yesterday really hurt them. Andrea Azzozi was saying in a interview today France had to learn from Brazil how to recover quickly after a tough match - they didnt do this. I was going to say earlier I had been very impressed with Ngapeth's temperament and his leadership of the French team in passing and attacking - he is sometimes prone to tactics and just lapses in concentration in the leagues - then he got a yellow card and was also subbed out!!!! Not sure why he was taken out....

Congrats to Germany - they capitalised on their position and the opportunities that came to them. Good leadership by Grozer in this match - when a kill was needed, he was there.

• Good leadership by Grozer in this match - when a kill was needed, he was there.

He was not used that much in first two sets, but his third set performance was almost perfect. :obey: