2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Zagumny and Ignaczak will also retire from NT. Guma was key player today next to Mika ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Will Antiga now become President of Poland ??? :P :P :lol: :lol:

• Mika's final performance can only be compared to Jaque's Olympic final performance. :obey:
    And also big congrats to Antiga for his Kurek decision. He is the biggest winner today.
    As for Brazil, I still think it was Lucarelli's performance that let them down.It shows Lucarelli isn't ready to lead .

I think the Brazilian men's team just doesn't have that x factor player at the moment in general - I know its not how they play - its all about the team. Even their bench doesn't have the kind of player who can come in and make an impact and score many points. Of course that should be an opposite ideally.... Their play depends on precision in passing, and today and yesterday it just wasn't happening.

Lucarelli is good, and getting better and better but he is not at the stage where he can lead that team. Bruno also needs to set him consistently better - which he doesnt do.

I wonder what people will say in Brazil about Rezende? But then he is such a legend and the team has stayed on the top of the rankings for a long time now.... But Rezende keeps saying Russia is the best team right now, yet they have now lost to USA and now Poland as well......

• Zagumny and Ignaczak will also retire from NT. Guma was key player today next to Mika ^^

Was Ignaczak in the roster ??? He didn't play at all, did he ??

Zatorski played a great tournament :win:

• Was Ignaczak in the roster ??? He didn't play at all, did he ??

Zatorski played a great tournament :win:

He played but not much. He was in line-up in the match againt Cameroon.

• What can I say now? ;( ;( I think I still can't believe what we've all just witnessed...

I'm not gonna talk too much I'll just....bow down to:

- the best FANS in the history of a mankind (how cliche that sounds, but that's so true, they're unattainable for the rest of the world) :obey:

- PLAYERS, who've been through hell. Literally hell. Thank you Polish eagles for proving me wrong. Each and every one of you. Such an extraordinary team...in so many different ways...one of a kind.

- COACHES. I'm sorry Stephane for bashing the living sh*t out of you. But honestly...I still can't believe this idea has actually pulled of....like...in the best possible way. Stephane Antiga & Philippe Blain, amazign effort. Truly.

- ORGANIZERS & the fans once again - absolutely legendary, epic, insane, unbelievable, I mean...what the hell...Poland really is a volleyball paradise. And will never be surpassed by anyone else. This is a phenomenon. This is freakin' insane. I N S A N E.

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:

I'd love to congratulate team Brazil and their fans as well, for making it to the final and being an absolutely unique team, always giving their best. I know it's tough for you guys, this is not what you've wanted, but you're a legendary team regardless and I applaud you for everything you've achieved and left on the court. Bravo! :obey:

Team Germany! Who would've expected this? :drink: Bravo guys! Congrats on your bronze medals to the team and their fans! Enjoy it! :)

France! God*amn it. Nevertheless, congrats on showing really incredible game! And Jenia Grebennikov on getting the best libero award! Totally well deserved.

And...the rest of the teams that have participated in this breathtaking tournament. And players. Who have not been mentioned or awarded, despite deserving it A LOT. You are my heroes.

• I wonder what people will say in Brazil about Rezende? But then he is such a legend and the team has stayed on the top of the rankings for a long time now.... But Rezende keeps saying Russia is the best team right now, yet they have now lost to USA and now Poland as well......

Bernardo won't leave, unless he resigns. I don't know what to think about this team anymore. It's one thing to lose one or two finals, but four in a row? They always manage to gain momentum at the right time in every competition, only to lose in the end without barely giving an effort. And as someone else said, it's always one player that kills their system: Muserkiy in London, Pavlov in WL 2013, Sander in WL 2014 and now Mika in WCH. And yet, Brazil doesn't have this particular player to perfom a decisive role. We've had Giba, Nalbert, André Nascimento and Giovane in the past, but now everyone falls under the pressure. It's like everyone is psychologically hurt and unable to win. It's getting hard to support them.

But whatever about Brazil. It is what it is. Congrats once again to Poland and to the Poles in the forum (Ojla, ladybugg, bella, kondzio and others). ^^ You guys have an awesome team to root for and your audience is unmatchable.

• I'm so sad about Musavi and Marouf ,they well deserved to win the best MB/Setter title ;( ;(

Literally me. I'm also exteremly saddened by this fact. They truly deserved it. Truly. But those are "just" awards. Job well done, I mean...really. We know it, they know it. :drink:

• Brazil is every time on final, If we lost 4 finals in a row, I would be insanely happy :lol:

• Brazil is every time on final, If we lost 4 finals in a row, I would be insanely happy :lol:

I can guarantee you, it's incredibly frustrating and feels worse than seeing the team getting kicked out in an early stage. :D At least then you could cheer for another team.

• Big congrats to the Polish team for successfully lifting up the trophy. They're fully deserved to enjoy such a moment. As the host country, Poland didn't take advantage of the host benefit in the draw. They faced every single strong opponent throughout the tournament. With the tremendous support of the crowd, Poland demonstrated how to use their own strength to triumph.

Mika has become a sensation in this final game. He's able to fully utilize his height to spike over blockers' hands, something that I've seldom seen from him. Will he get a breakthrough in his level of play after this game? It's hopeful and we'll see.

As for Brazil, Giba has found his successor. In the ending moments of the final game of OG in 2008, Giba spiked into the net, spiked out, and then was blocked. Today, his successor repeated this display.

• I can't believe that I see done World Championship by Polish National Team. What a happiness! What a team!

But Mariusz's Wlazły declaration killed almost all of my happiness... I hope there will be some group of people that will encourage him to change decision.

Thank you guys!