2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• I'm sick of talking about Spiridonow :lol:

to change the subject, USA Today wrote about us :wavy:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/0…ideo-brazil-olympics-2016

BTW, do you know that in many Polish churches there were a holy masses for the intention of Poland winning a gold :lol: For real :lol:

• Hi everyone!
    Can someone direct me to a place when I can download the final game between Poland and Brazil?
    Could not see it but would love to have it in my collection.
    Thanks in advance :)

• @ Majka

In the Final were Teams from Christian Countrys. Brazil has many Christians also.

Going that way in Women's Final should be Brazil and Italy.

• This ranking is a joke :rolll: Morocco, Algeria, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay, Bahrain, St. Lucia (!! :obey: ), Bahamas are placed better than Croatia or Greece :rolll: :aww:

My ranking system has
    Croatia 36
    Greece 37
    Algeria 39
    Bahamas 52
    Bahrain 53
    St. Lucia 58
    Morocco 65
    Colombia 68
    Chile 92
    Paraguay 139

• Geez, I feel like retired :D Don't know how I can call it differently. Can't believe it's all over and now I have to deal with these calm days somehow, without any stress and drama... I think I've became addicted to stressful situations, I mean it, and now I completely can't live in this silence and calm :sos: Still about our champions and volleyball generally I can hear everywhere so it is kind of fresh. At the same time I feel like it was light years ago. How weird is that? I have to find a new thing to engage in 'cause I'm feeling like my beard is growing. So old, experienced and exhausted by all the emotions. Talking crap, I know :aww:

Mika maybe has a bright future, but I won't judge from a single tournament, let alone from a single game. Let's see how he'll do in Plusliga next season and maybe in a better team in the following one. To be honest, I don't really like him (not as a player, but as a personality). He looks like a lost child with a beard, seems very shy and is very awkward (both technique and body language). Really strange guy :lol:

You amused me so much with this :rolll: You haven't seen him 5 years ago then. Trust me, I had weird feelings every single time I saw him. Now he looks less like a child because of this beard. Just a little bit less... :D Anyways, when he disappeared from Plusliga I completely forgot this guy. And here we had this miraculous call by Antiga. Can't even express how shocked I was. Now I can't imagine this team without Mateusz freakin' Mika. I'm serious. And everything's ahead of him, he still can develop... And you know what? I'm excited by the fact he will be working with Anastasi :rolleyes: Not saying how much I can't wait to see his play in league.

Sidibe looks like Bishop starred by Omar Sy in X-men :) . Anyone second it?

Yup, my thoughts exactly!

• That look more realistic. But FIVB rankings is a joke. Croatia beat The Netherlands twice in last 2 years, beat Montenegro (European league winners), Romania, qualified for European Championship etc. Greece beat Slovenia, played in EL finals etc. And how come St. Lucia, Bahamas, Algeria, Morocco and Paraguay can be in front of them? On what are rankings based? :gone:

• That look more realistic. But FIVB rankings is a joke. Croatia beat The Netherlands twice in last 2 years, beat Montenegro (European league winners), Romania, qualified for European Championship etc. Greece beat Slovenia, played in EL finals etc. And how come St. Lucia, Bahamas, Algeria, Morocco and Paraguay can be in front of them? On what are rankings based? :gone:

Most of those points are from continental championships and qualification of WCH/OG.

I agree that this system is unfair. South America Championship 5th place (Paraguay in 2013 edition) is never any close to ECH 5th place (France in 2013 edition), but they receive same amount of points in the ranking system. Here I would advertise the ranking system of FIBA, where they assign different weights to different tournaments. For example, ECH has 1.0 weight, while Asian CH has only 0.3, which means the Asian champion (Iran in 2013) is equivalent to the 4th place of ECH (Croatia in 2013), which is slightly better than the FIVB system.

• Most of those points are from continental championships and qualification of WCH/OG.

I agree that this system is unfair. South America Championship 5th place (Paraguay in 2013 edition) is never any close to ECH 5th place (France in 2013 edition), but they receive same amount of points in the ranking system. Here I would advertise the ranking system of FIBA, where they assign different weights to different tournaments. For example, ECH has 1.0 weight, while Asian CH has only 0.3, which means the Asian champion (Iran in 2013) is equivalent to the 4th place of ECH (Croatia in 2013), which is slightly better than the FIVB system.

thx Martee :wavy: you explained me for Paraguay and Algeria but St. Lucia and Bahamas? I only saw those teams beating each other, not any other team :rolll:

• I don't agree with including Zhekov among the anti-team of the WCH. He was the main reason for our record spiking success vs Russia and Germany, very high perccentage of pipes without block and MB attacks the second part of the championship.

• The two disappointment squads of the WCH, as announced by Polish media:

Squad 1:

Setter: Dragan Travica (Italy)
    Opposite: Tsvetan Sokolov (Bulgaria)
    Middle blockers: Dragan Stankovic (Serbia), Nikolay Apalikov (Russia)
    Outside attackers: Alexey Spiridonov (Russia), Simone Parodi (Italy)
    Liberos: Artem Ermakov and Valentin Golubev (Russia)

Squad 2:

Setter: Andrey Zhekov (Bulgaria)
    Opposite: Leandro Vissotto Neves (Brazil)
    Middle blockers: Simone Buti (Italy), Pablo Crer (Argentina)
    Outside attackers: Jiri Kovar (Italy), Todor Aleksiev (Bulgaria)
    Libero: Nikola Rosic (Serbia)

It's quite normal to have many players from Italy, Bulgaria and Russia here. These were, after all, the teams that disappointed the most. However, I disagree with the nominations of Zhekov, Kovar and Buti. Zhekov was decent and wasn't the reason for Bulgaria's collapse. Kovar was often the main attack force for Italy when Zaytsev wasn't around. True, Kovar wasn't that spectacular, but I don't think he underperformed too much. Whatever I say about Tsvetan Sokolov would be too little to depict my huge dissatisfaction with him.

• I usually disagree with these kind of lists but this time i agree with almost all names, i just don't Think Spiridonov should be there, he hasn't been amazing, but did a fair job, the same can be sad about Zhekov and Kovar especially considering he had just recovered from an injury ... About the coach it is hard to know whom was worse, Voronkov, Kolakovic, Berruto ...

• How come Stankovic is on the list? He didn't even play that much to evaluate. Also I don't agree with Zhekov "nomination". Personally I felt disappointed with Grankin. He was completely lost sometimes. And poor guy didn't even have a real back up. I don't get what was Makarov doing there and in captain jersey to add... Have you noticed, btw? No American.
    Which polish media announced this? Don't tell me it was Przegląd Sportowy... If yes, don't even worry about this.

• While reading Mark Lebedews review of WCH and his "best team" choice being France, it just came to my mind again what a great campaign they had this year in World League and WCH. But in the end, they stay there with almost empty hands....... :white:

http://markleb1.wordpress.com/…world-championships-2014/

In below article you can see the proud creator of "project YOLO" with her deserved medal :lol:

http://www.volleyball-verband.…5681r90lfr91r73nsicfq6ch1