2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• These qualifiers and the way they are held are just meaningless.

I'm curious what would You say, if Bulgaria was in Norceca and had level of Trinidad. I don't think You would say the same words but You would want to see Her play here.

• I can't imagine that Cuban team doesn't qualify, so Canada should be in Pool C

Canada will probably join Russia, Bulgaria, China, Egypt? (Tunisia is probably CAVB 1 so I put Egypt here) and one more team from NORCECA Play-Offs (Guatemala, Costa Rica, Mexico/Puerto Rico*, Dominican Republic* - last two teams aren't known, we'll have 2 more NORCECA tournaments in this week).

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I'm curious what would You say, if Bulgaria was in Norceca and had level of Trinidad. I don't think You would say the same words but You would want to see Her play here.

Doesn't matter at all if Bulgaria had the level of Trinidad or had to play against Haiti and St. Lucia, for example (no offense intended). The point of the comment is that these qualifiers are just not organized properly. Take a look at the football qualifiers. All low-ranked teams are going through preliminary rounds and if Trinidad are good enough to compete against the top teams in North America, they enter the final pool with five other top teams and fight for a spot. So should be in volleyball. There should've been, in my humble opinion, another preliminary round for these "weaker" teams. Four pools of four teams each for a total of five teams earning tickets to Poland is, in my own opinion, ridiculous. Besides, if they wanted more drama and to actually give these smaller countries a real chance, make the qualifiers in Trinidad, for example. In the USA and Canada they stand no chance. It would look better if they have the top-ranked five teams (USA, Canada, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico) join the three best qualifiers (let's say, Guatemala, Dom. Republic, Costa Rica). Eight teams, two groups, top two advance, the fifth spot decided by a playoff between the group thirds. Fewer tournaments, fewer meaningless matches, more interesting ones. Then, to make it as a NORCECA representative, you would have to beat or at least face one other top team, just as it is in Europe, despite the obvious class level. This is what I meant. I wasn't mocking these countries, they get a real chance to get close to real volleyball powers this way, which is totally fine, but I believe the format should be different. We also got weaker teams in the CEV's last round qualifiers, but no more than one per group, so you get my point now, I hope :)

• Doesn't matter at all if Bulgaria had the level of Trinidad or had to play against Haiti and St. Lucia, for example (no offense intended). The point of the comment is that these qualifiers are just not organized properly. Take a look at the football qualifiers. All low-ranked teams are going through preliminary rounds and if Trinidad are good enough to compete against the top teams in North America, they enter the final pool with five other top teams and fight for a spot. So should be in volleyball. There should've been, in my humble opinion, another preliminary round for these "weaker" teams. Four pools of four teams each for a total of five teams earning tickets to Poland is, in my own opinion, ridiculous. Besides, if they wanted more drama and to actually give these smaller countries a real chance, make the qualifiers in Trinidad, for example. In the USA and Canada they stand no chance. It would look better if they have the top-ranked five teams (USA, Canada, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico) join the three best qualifiers (let's say, Guatemala, Dom. Republic, Costa Rica). Eight teams, two groups, top two advance, the fifth spot decided by a playoff between the group thirds. Fewer tournaments, fewer meaningless matches, more interesting ones. Then, to make it as a NORCECA representative, you would have to beat or at least face one other top team, just as it is in Europe, despite the obvious class level. This is what I meant. I wasn't mocking these countries, they get a real chance to get close to real volleyball powers this way, which is totally fine, but I believe the format should be different. We also got weaker teams in the CEV's last round qualifiers, but no more than one per group, so you get my point now, I hope :)

I agree, it would look more interesting, now we have just ridiculous games between weak teams and in finals all top teams win 3-0, the same is in Women's NORCECA as I wrote before :whistle:

• Yes, the groups are bad, but the main reason for all of these groups is to enable the smaller countries in Norceca (everything is small after USA, Canada and Mexico) to get more matches played. The more experience these teams get, hopefully they will improve.

Each of these groups does count for a Norceca ranking which is used for seeding into tournaments.

Could their be fewer teams advancing in the first round, absolutely. I think that it is stupid to make 5 teams play to 4. Make it 5 down to 2. The Asian Confederation final round had the top 2 teams from the final group of 5 (2 groups) be their representatives. It worked well.

But Norceca has done this 3 matches and a final match (1st-2nd, 3rd-4th) for a long time and I don't see them changing.

• I read the entire thread once again to find answers to two questions. Initially the organizers wanted quarterfinals, now they introduced two groups of three teams before the semifinals. When did they change that decision? Also, I thought there would be a draw after the first round. Last, Katowice will host the semis and the final, right? I am asking because I hope I will be able to make it.

• Directly after the drawing, when i started to search for infos, it was already like i have written above. So if they changed the formula, it must have been before.
    This site gives a good overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2…en%27s_World_Championship

And yes, as far as i understand, Katowice will host semis and final.

I read the entire thread once again to find answers to two questions. Initially the organizers wanted quarterfinals, now they introduced two groups of three teams before the semifinals. When did they change that decision? Also, I thought there would be a draw after the first round. Last, Katowice will host the semis and the final, right? I am asking because I hope I will be able to make it.

• Cuba won the preliminary pool in Havana. They go to Pool B at the WCH alongside Brazil, Germany, Finland, Korea, Tunisia. Canada, as expected, join Russia, Bulgaria, Egypt, China and NORCECA 5, which should be one among Mexico, Dom. Republic, Guatemala, Costa Rica.

• Surprise, surprise! Mexico beat the hosts Puerto Rico by 3-0. Mexico with a ticket to Poland, now Puerto Rico have to go through another qualification round. Mexico's group allocation will depend on whether Puerto Rico make it to the WCH.

• Polsat is considering a sale of TV rights for TVP :white:

• Polsat is considering a sale of TV rights for TVP :white:

Łahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you know what i mean...

We will must listen this s.h.i.t as commentator. Imagine.
    For example: "There is no set ball but there is a set ball" XDDDDDDDDDDD :lol:

• Well, maybe Dębowski wasn't so good talking about volleyball, but throughout Winter Olympic Games in Sochi he was great, just mentioning gold got by Zbigniew Bródka :thumbup: :D

• Well, maybe Dębowski wasn't so good talking about volleyball, but throughout Winter Olympic Games in Sochi he was great, just mentioning gold got by Zbigniew Bródka :thumbup: :D

Hahahahahahahahahhaha and his stories during other teams games for example he read somewhere that De Cecco is grill lover but he even doesn't know this player and surname mistakes during game.
    I remember when we were losing over Bulgaria and Australia, he said we maybe go pray to the church and he spit himself because of being too exctited. XDDDD :rolll:

• On Thursday starts last NORCECA's qualification tournament. Host is Puerto Rico which couldn't beat Mexico in previous round. Other competitors will be Costa Rica, Guatemala and Dominican Republic. We'll have Round Robin between 17th and 19th July ad Finals at 20th July. Winner will be last team in WCH.

If Puerto Rico qualifies, its team will play in Pool D with Italy, USA, Iran, France and Belgium (higher ranked in ranking than Mexico so will be NORCECA 4), then Mexico (NORCECA 5) will play in Pool C with Russia, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt and China.

If any other team (Costa Rica, Guatemala, Dominican Republic) qualifies, then Mexico will be as NORCECA 4 in Pool D and the other team in Pool C ^^

Tournament's webiste

• Info for polish fans. Polsat probably won't broadcast 2014 WCH on main channel because the games are not scheduled in August... So Polish NT games will be broadcasted on Polsat Sport, TVP or PPV.

• Info for polish fans. Polsat probably won't broadcast 2014 WCH on main channel because the games are not scheduled in August... So Polish NT games will be broadcasted on Polsat Sport, TVP or PPV.

PPV would be the worst decision ever :mad: it's all about the money as always :cursing:

• PPV would be the worst decision ever :mad: it's all about the money as always :cursing:

Next week, Polsat Sport and TVP should announce schedule for August and then we will know more.

• Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic will fight for last slot in WCH in final, favourite is clear ^^