2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Without Kurek... :white: I'm totally surprised :thumbdown:

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• I always thought either Mika or Buszek would be out of the list. Turning out to be Kurek totally surprises me. What is Antiga thinking?

• I always thought either Mika or Buszek would be out of the list. Turning out to be Kurek totally surprises me. What is Antiga thinking?

For the half of the polish nation, at least that half which follow volleyball, he doesn't think at all. I would say that, watching what is going on under every article screaming "WITHOUT KUREK ON WCH", Antiga became a kind of public enemy... Now I feel actually nothing, don't know if to laugh or to cry, do I understand it or not and hate the decision. Decision which became sth like judgement, sentence... To express this straight: I'M IN SHOCK

• Antiga said that kurek is not physically ready to play, we will see how it come out. I like Kurek a lot when he played in Italian legue - Lube.

"Bartosz is still recovering from the inajury he had, and because of
    that he failed to achieve the highest level required during the
    preparations. He is a great player but at this moment, his teammates are
    just more effective than him." - Antiga

I think USA is very strong right now. Saw they play friendly match wz Iran the other day and i scare for Italy. Their group is totally heated. Iran,USA,ITA could survive in pool D i guess but when go to 2nd round and cross with pool A? U can just get kill if u miss one step. Such a scary line.

Russia and Brazil are so easy to go into final without much fighting.

• I seriously wish ITA could have very killer OH like Juantorena join the national team. Kovar , Parodi, Lanza are all great and balance i think but none of them stand out like Zaytsev. Travica is great but often get out of form in a deep round like final or semi final. Not sure why but seem like if he 's out, then that's the end of ITA. I still remember the bitter taste of semi-final with Brazil in WL. same things happened here.

Another thought, Vettorio could play very good when he is in form. Hate to see him sitting on the bench all the time because Zaytsev form is rarely drop. Maybe the coach will move Zaytsev to OH, pair with Lanza and use Vettorio as OP for real, then use Sabbi as sub-OP? anyone think it'll work? Atleast in the few last friendly matches with German this past week Zaytsev has been play OH a lot while the coach testing Vettorio and Sabbi as OP.

For libero I goes for Rossini alone. His form is good and he just got WL's best lib award so i dont see a need of two libs.

• Well, Kovar didn't play in last matches, I wonder why... maybe Zaytsev can be back as OH with Lanza or Parodi as OH2 :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't know but I have the strange felling that Kovar won't make it to the WCH due to his injury...it's a pity as it is all summer that we're playing with Kovar-Parodi-Zaytsev trio but the option of Zaytsev OH and Vettori Opp is not bad either. I wish that Kovar will be there anyway, he is a good player, at least he could be used as sub! finger crossed!

• Bernardo made a weird call and cut Isac (MB) from the WCH. He'll take Renan (OPP) instead. LANCE! is reporting that Renan is described by CBV as MB/OPP for this tournament, which may indicate that he may enter eventually as MB. He must've done well during the training period.

S: Bruno, Raphael
    OPPs: Wallace, Vissotto, Renan (OPP/MB)
    OHs: Murilo, Lucarelli, Maurício, Lipe
    MBs: Lucão, Sidão, Éder
    Liberos: Mário Jr., Felipe

Maurício. Again. :aww:

• So we have a little surprise and I still wonder what Bernardo sees in Mauricio :aww:

• Georgi Bratoev and Valentin Bratoev are out from Bulgarian NT. One more will drop after the last two friendly matches. I am guessing it will be Dani Milushev.

so on the list are:
    S: Zhekov, Dimitrov
    OP: Sokolov, V.Nikolov, Milushev
    OH: Aleksiev, Skrimov, Penchev, Gradinarov
    MB: Todorov, Yosifov, N.Nikolov, Gotsev
    L: Salparov, Bozhilov

it's a bit surprising cut, but maybe they didn't do their best and spoil atmosphere :wavy: also IMHO Milushev should be out, it will be determined between him and Vlado Nikolov ^^

• Milushev is in better shape than both Nikolov and Sokolov, Vlado should show something against Brazil and France the next two days to replace him.

Plamen Konstantinov said that it is not because of discipline but for sport reasons. I still thinkg Georgi Bratoev is better choice than Dobri Dimitrov at least for the experience, if not for serve, block and some unpredictability at times but that is his call.

• Iran's preliminary roster for WCH

Setters: Marouf, Mahdavi
    MBs: Nadi, Mousavi, Gholami, Tashakkori,Faezi, Jadidi
    OHs: Zarrini, Ghaemi, Mirzajanpour, Fayyazi, Mobasheri, Ebadipour
    OPs: Mahmoudi, Ghafour, Ghara
    Liberos: Zarif, Alizadeh

Kovac dropped Zarrini and Jadidi, 17 players are still with him.

the situation doesn't look good at all, injured players (Zarrini, Nadi and Mahmoudi) didn't recover as expected. and moral is really down after Maadani's death. ;( This is actually his team, not Kovac.

and they were far from impressive in USA matches. I just hope they pass the 1st round at least.

• Kovac dropped Zarrini and Jadidi, 17 players are still with him.

the situation doesn't look good at all, injured players (Zarrini, Nadi and Mahmoudi) didn't recover as expected. and moral is really down after Maadani's death. ;( This is actually his team, not Kovac.

and they were far from impressive in USA matches. I just hope they pass the 1st round at least.

This is so sad to read :( I understand that the death of a great coach and player and the injuries in the team are very discouraging, but I deeply hope they'll somehow recover and show that great Persian spirit. Good luck guys, my thoughts are always with you :flower:

• You have my support too. Wish you luck :)

• Belgian L Stijn Dejonckheere got knee injury and he's out for WCH, he'll be replaced by youngster Lowie Stuer.

• 9 days and no rosters on site :mad: :thumbdown:

• Considering the above and assuming that Heynen will chose Kühner over Zimmermann the german roster will quite certainly look like this:

German roster for WCH:

Setters: Lukas Kampa, Sebastian Kühner
    Opposites: Gyorgy Grozer, Jochen Schöps
    Outside Hitters: Christian Fromm, Denis Kaliberda, Sebastian Schwarz, Dirk Westphal
    Middle Blockers: Max Günthör, Tim Broshog, Michael Andrei, Marcus Böhme
    Liberos: Markus Steuerwald, Ferdinand Tille

• Andrei seemed to be first to cut, but because of this huge blow he'll stay in team eventually ^^