2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• I'm so happy with this easy win by our guys. Serbia was surprisingly weak :what: and this crowd on National Siadium, just priceless 8o :obey:

on the other hand I don't like WCH's website and I'll have to look for streams on the internet instead of watching on TV because I can't ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 62,000 people came to watch such a terribly boring match :white: :aww:

Most audience come for witnessing the home team's victory.

From the volleyball point of view. I didn't find this match boring at all. Antiga clearly made every effort to force Poland to claim this victory. On the other hand, Serbians apparently failed to respond as a good team would do.

When I got the starting lineup this morning, an immediate observation was that Mika was on the list instead of Buszek or Kubiak, which was a direct signal that Antiga doesn't expect too much attacking form the outside hitters, but he does need tall blockers and good receivers, and thus WIniarski (202) and Mika (206).

And why did Serbia play so bad tonight? This team look upon on Atanasijevic's attack toooooooo much, and Winiarski/Mika's blocking made him very confused. In the meantime, neither Jovovic nor Petkovic found a way to divert their attacks. We saw Podrascanin and Lisinac managed to score through the middle but that put huge pressure on receivers. I was not surprised that Rosic lost his reception after continuous high quality serves from Winiarski/Wlazly.

In terms of the debate about Kurek or Mika. Well, if Kurek were to play today's match, he probably would have done similarly good job in blocking, and most likely better in attacking. But we all know he has his short comings of receiving, which is actually quite essential in today's match. Atanasijevic undoubtedly is the best server on that team, while Podrascanin and Petric were two other strong servers that contributed a lot on their World League guest match against USA. Today none of them served really well, and that kind of helped Poland's win.

Anyways, I'm very impressed by tonight's match. With this victory, Poland can really expect a position in final 6. But of course they need to overcome volleyroos on Tuesday.

• In the official site I saw there will be two groups ( in the third round ) each consisting of three teams. I am asking if the results in the first and second round count, because if they do there is a chance the matches in the third round will not even matter which is strange

According to wikipiedia; there won't be quarterfinals, instead of it, we will see third group. But previous results won't be taken account.

Third round

The Pool E and F winners will be placed in Pool H and G respectively, while the second and third placed teams will be drawn.
    If Poland qualify for the Third Round, they will play their matches in Łódź.
    The top two teams in each pool will qualify for the Semifinals with the third ranked teams in each pool also playing off for fifth place.

• The game wasn't bad, but it was kind of underwhelming. Poland played great, especially Winiarski and Zatorski. I was expecting a lot more from Serbia, but relying on Atanasijevic on such conditions is bound to not work sometimes.

Also, fantastic atmosphere in the stadium! I'm sad some Poles couldn't watch it on TV - even us Brazilians could, even though it was on cable.

• That's not what I meant, I meant that it's a pity that so many people came to watch the match and then it was a very boring one. This audience would have deserved a thrilling 2.5 hours 5 set battle.

Maybe match would be more thrilling, but they're happy because of local team's win, which wanted most of spectators :wavy:

• The game wasn't bad, but it was kind of underwhelming. Poland played great, especially Winiarski and Zatorski. I was expecting a lot more from Serbia, but relying on Atanasijevic on such conditions is bound to not work sometimes.

Also, fantastic atmosphere in the stadium! I'm sad some Poles couldn't watch it on TV - even us Brazilians could, even though it was on cable.

This match was available for everyone fortunately :D but all others won't be ;(

• My offer is permanent :) You can put it bellow your current catch phrase :D

I like Serbian team, but after the several losses from them I am glad somebody kicked their ass. Winiarski for the win!

• That's not what I meant, I meant that it's a pity that so many people came to watch the match and then it was a very boring one. This audience would have deserved a thrilling 2.5 hours 5 set battle.

Maybe, but I think 3 points are more important than thrilling match. Still everything, that happened today on the stadium was unforgettable for audience, so I don't think they regret coming. I would die for being there, especially that I'm one of these, who actually will not see any of matches of this tournament (no, I'm not going to watch it on the Internet, since such an event should be avaliable to watch for everyone in the host country).

• Ok, first things first – yes, I’m one of those cranky people who have no problems in finding something to complain about, but…I seriously don’t even feel like complaining about anything – the spectacle was just flawless, I mean the ceremony in the first place. At first I was kinda iffy about that idea, I mean playing on the National Stadium, but everything looked just breathtaking. I feel a tad bit depressed for not being able to be there, but extremely proud and delighted at the same time, ‘cause Poles really ripped it up :whistle: Kudos to all the amazing organizers and every single person who contributed to the overall performance, it was absolutely splendid. Yes, Poland really is a volleyland.

As for the game itself – (almost) flawless, obviously. But couldn’t be otherwise, not with such opponent. Serbia, ouch. Feel bad for these guys. Tragic match, it was really uncomfortable to watch. Guys put up no fight at all, it was really tough to watch. Hopefully they recover, they seriously can’t afford another such depressing loss.
    As for the Poles – congrats guys and our coaches ;) Ok, I’ve shown my lack of trust for French coaches a couple of times already, I’m not gonna deny that and act like it never happened, I don’t feel bad about it, but I’m happy that those trust issues are kind of cooling down after today’s match :) Keep up the good work, French guys ;)

Last, but not least – fans!!!! No words!!!! Dayum!!!

• When I got the starting lineup this morning, an immediate observation was that Mika was on the list instead of Buszek or Kubiak, which was a direct signal that Antiga doesn't expect too much attacking form the outside hitters, but he does need tall blockers and good receivers, and thus WIniarski (202) and Mika (206).

In terms of the debate about Kurek or Mika. Well, if Kurek were to play today's match, he probably would have done similarly good job in blocking, and most likely better in attacking. But we all know he has his short comings of receiving, which is actually quite essential in today's match. Atanasijevic undoubtedly is the best server on that team, while Podrascanin and Petric were two other strong servers that contributed a lot on their World League guest match against USA. Today none of them served really well, and that kind of helped Poland's win.

:drink:

Btw, so lovely to see Ł.Kadziewicz in the studio :rose:

• this website gets me mad :thumbdown: no livescores, no classic P-2/P-3 stat sheets and this what is on website is still not completed :mad:

• Wow this tournament will be remembered by future generations in volleyball... I have no words. :heart: Thanks to Polsat tv we have volleyball world! This promotion is amazing. How much I was scared of this match, first match with Serbia - the strongest rival in group, I feel bad with result of Serbia. Unfortunately, In my opinion Atanasijevic is so overrated player like Kurek. But Serbia hasn't better attacker after Ivan quit. Kill me or not, he has bad psyche to sport! Ivovic is the best OH in Serbia NT I'm wondering when Kolakovic will understand this finally? Lisinac borned in 1992(!) played and plays like profesor compared to Podrascanin, Stankovic sit on bench because of him. He is master. Podrascanin efficiency is tragic, all attacks in out. Sorry, Jovovic lost his head, I think Zagumny made a big difference.

Winiar is a profesor, 71% in attack, Mika and Wlazły 50%. :win:

• Yeah, because everyone knew the score before match even started :roll:

I must say it's not fair saying Serbia lost because of big shock of enourmous public. I think they could play the same on hall. On national stadium unlike to Parken Stadium where in Copenhaga Serbian players and many others complained that roof was opened, cold and it causes hasn't possiblity to warm up, here roof was closed fully, good temperature (our commentators confirmed there was hot so it's good for players). And I must mention, Poland is master with many wins wih Serbia, it lasts long time. Today match is not such surprise when we look at our last matches Poland-Serbia, it seems we like the style of they play and they cannot break us. There are other teams like Serbia with who we win many Times in a row like for example USA.
    We are bad playing with Iran, Bulgaria - teams not the best but play so agressive volleyball. I can say we have more chances to win against Russia and Brazil than play with this two teams. Look it's about the way they play we don't like it, even hate it.