2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Deroo is playing superb so far. Nice blocking from Belgium too. They could take this (some sets, at least) if they had slightly better reception.

• Sad to see Americans who are less motivated than fighting for 1 mln dolars in world league. Is it only my impression or not? Belgians playing like it's a game of their life.

• Sad to see Americans who are less motivated than fighting for 1 mln dolars in world league. Is it only my impression or not? Belgians playing like it's a game of their life.

Im quite sure it is not matter of motivation or fighting spirit. Besides their success on World League, their whole system is still quite fragile. Sander, Shoji, Christenson, Muagututia are all playing their first big tournament. Furthermore, Anderson is playing out of his usual position.

1:1 now. This group will still deliver a lot of fun :cheesy:

• Thx
    bella for the info :drink:

I don't have any of the TV channels broadcasting the World Cup so I have to
    cope with the online streams. So far, the sportlemon.tv and livetv.ru ones are
    terrible! Something like 60p mozaic animations.

• Thx man, you're a legend!

Is this channel going to be online for every game of the tournament? I saw
    another topic with a tutorial how to download an app/programme to watch it, but
    I can watch ARG-VEN now anyway?

Blessed are those who can watch this HD channel!

Hopefully I'll have more time next week to watch some games and get involved in
    the discussions.

• Well USA were relatively new during World league - and they were able most of the time to get away without having a second OH. It wont be as easy for them this time round because more teams will be working them out. A lot of pressure will go on Anderson and Sander - many teams will be trying to dismantle their passing, so far it worked for Belgium, taking them out of their system. where is Micah? didnt watch the game form the beginning. He is the X factor in USA volleyball at the moment -if he doesnt play well, then there are major problems...

• they have problem with OH2. only shoji can actually pass.

belgians are playing their best volleyball.

Hope it was accident of USA. :/ I don't want to see this team playing like that, it reminds me so much year 2013 for USA without success, played similar like this set.

• 16:6 USA :white:

I would highly appreciate if both teams start playing well at the same time in 4th set :teach:

• I have never watched Jose Luiz Gonzalez before and I am quite surprised Julio Velasco took the decision to enlist two left-handed opposites for the entire tournament. OK, Conte can do the trick as well when needed, but it seems strange to have two similar players on the same position, it brings less surprise to the opponents. Pereyra perhaps was not an option at all, thus both Gonzalez and Darraidou in the squad. Venezuela was threatening only in the opening set, Argentina clearly not performing at 100% from then on. The potential of Velasco's team will be visible against a more serious opponent, but I am somehow not convinced.

On a side note, obviously language barrier is not always an excuse. Velasco previously and now Kovac doing a great job with Iran despite not speaking the local language. So, it sometimes depends on the players and the coach himself.