2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Let me comment the Finnish fans. I've noticed them at previous competitions, I've even seen them live. I'm a huge fan of their respectful supporting, but I think their behaviour is one tad bit too reserved and... 'boring'. Judging by their behaviour (funny clapping and everything), their wigs and their age, one might come to the conclusion that a large care home has organised a group excursion to Poland for its elderly inhabitants. Not that it's a bad thing, but where are the young people?[/quote]

Let me comment the Finnish fans. I've noticed them at previous competitions, I've even seen them live. I'm a huge fan of their respectful supporting, but I think their behaviour is one tad bit too reserved and... 'boring'. Judging by their behaviour (funny clapping and everything), their wigs and their age, one might come to the conclusion that a large care home has organised a group excursion to Poland for its elderly inhabitants. Not that it's a bad thing, but where are the young people?

lol... funny, a bit harsh maybe..but now that youve said it..... :lol:

• I am not watching the game in Gdansk. Is Russia playing with the medicals and the assistant coaches? Or perhaps they are experimenting because the score is not going to count for the second round anyway? I am asking because I can't see the rosters. Great game between Brazil and Finland.

Makarov - Moroz, Volvich-Ashchev, Savin-Biryukov, Golubev

It was open match no matter how weird it sounds.

• [quote='saishuu','index.php?page=Thread&postID=268697#post268697']Once again it's clear that Lucarelli plays better with Raphael, while Sidão and Lucão are better with Bruno, which may explain why Brazil didn't perform as usual today. The blocking was the main thing that didn't really work from the Brazilian side today, the MBs in particular were kinda sleepy (from the service line too).

Agree.... It always seems like Lucarelli is either too rushed, or the ball is too tight on the net when Bruno sets him - he makes a lot of hitting errors, or hits the ball and lands on the opponents side a lot - Must be a difficult situation for Rezende though...

• ^ Exactly! Bruno sets horribly to both Murilo and Lucarelli and it's just like you said, either the ball is too low, too high or too close to the net. He needs to improve his setting to the outsite asap. His balls to Wallace were pretty wonky too and he's slowly setting him much better balls, so I know he can do it. The thing is this is not a recent problem and has been going on for quite a while now. How Lucarelli ends up being the best scorer most of the time boggles my mind.

• Id like to take a minute to talk about FIVB new site for the Wch...I wonder if this is only my opinion...but

What the hell?????

I mean..yeah its all pretty and everything....but its so confusing to find anything....and late late news, statistics and so on....

Much better the old one...at least it worked...I could have live statistics with players scoring.....

Really...if they wanted to updated it..Im all in favor to it...but only if it is to make a good job! Not the case...

• We had already mentioned this topic here before. This website is just a mess, the old one was much more useful. They could've tried it on few earlier competitions for test :wacko: fortunatley stats are available, pity that they're too late...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• We had already mentioned this topic here before. This website is just a mess, the old one was much more useful. They could've tried it on few earlier competitions for test :wacko: fortunatley stats are available, pity that they're too late...

Sorry..I didnt check the topic before.. :D

Glad Im not the only one who thinks that...really, FIVB sometimes....I imagine what they think of their own work... :aww:

• Their changes in rules are also quite ridiculous :wacko: 21 points rule on U-23 championships which was given up because of protests or changes in match roster from 12 to 14 players and now back to 12. Can't they decide ?( :call:

• [quote='joanamss','index.php?page=Thread&postID=268712#post268712'][quote='kondzio','index.php?page=Thread&postID=268707#post268707'][quote='joanamss','index.php?page=Thread&postID=268706#post268706']Id like to take a minute to talk about FIVB new site for the Wch...I wonder if this is only my opinion...but

What the hell?????

I mean..yeah its all pretty and everything....but its so confusing to find anything....and late late news, statistics and so on....

Much better the old one...at least it worked...I could have live statistics with players scoring.....

I'm also quite suspicious of these stats.......

• Bulgaria might've got trouble [...]

Yavor, I bet you know: why did Bulgaria eliminate the Bratoev brothers ?
    OK, for Valentin, I understand. He is not good for team climate and his performance is not so overwhelming to compensate for. But his brother Georgi, the setter, in my opinion is better than Zhekov.
    Is this (again) some "political" issue or just sort of a statement of Konstantinov as the new coach ?

• Yavor, I bet you know: why did Bulgaria eliminate the Bratoev brothers ?
    OK, for Valentin, I understand. He is not good for team climate and his performance is not so overwhelming to compensate for. But his brother Georgi, the setter, in my opinion is better than Zhekov.
    Is this (again) some "political" issue or just sort of a statement of Konstantinov as the new coach ?

IMHO it can be discipline issues, because there were problems with Bratoev's brothers in the past, but Georgi should be there instead of Dimitrov the same as Vlado Nikolov instead of Milushev :wavy:

• Nikolov wasn't in good shape, he had not so good season in Lyon due injuries and so on while Milushev was most of time starter in Toulouse. If Yordanov is healthy he would be 2nd OPP. IMO Milushev is good choice and proved it today. :wavy:

• in IRN x FRA match, what was ngapeth complaining about the iran players in the 2nd set (for which he got a red card)? does anyone know?

I just saw him speaking to the assistant referee about something. Maybe it was about a possible net touch by the Iranian block or someone overstepping the centre line. I think he got the red card not because of what he said but because he was repeatedly addressing the referees when he was not supposed to do so.

• Very important match today between Finnland and Germany. A straight win would bring Germany in a good position already for second round. But this definitely won't be a "no brainer" as we could see yesterday.

Yesterday, Heynen almost completely rotated the squad. Good to see, that Fromm was starter and almost played through. I am convinced, that he will still become an important player for Germany in this tournament. But for today i expect Heynen to start with the team from the cuban match: Kampa, Grozer, Günthör, Böhme, Kaliberda, Schwarz and Tille. They hopefully will do the business :super: .

• Remember only the captain is supposed to talk the ref on the platform. Repeated talks with the officials when you are not the captain is not looked at kindly.
    I did not see the match, but that would've been the most likely reason.

• FRA is destroying USA. Unbelievable defense. Too early to tell but I would go with FRA. Such a revelation

• haha well, forget what I said earlier, this was surprisingly easy :thumbup:

Conte finally entering monster mode after being a ghost for the first 3 matches :gone: