2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• ...and very bad setting decision on last point by Belgian setter to no3 who has been making a lot of mistakes..... I could have been so much better. I guess in the end who ever qualifies will be the better team anyway.

• A dramatic tie-break win for France. I hope Grebennikov gets ready for the second round, at least to me it looked like he broke his little finger. It was painful. Ngapeth as a libero :D But he received great at 13-12 for France. Now I guess Belgium will only go through if Italy loses big.

• Jenia, holy fu*k :white: It looked horrible, even our commentator said he doesn't want to see this again on replay. I hope he's ok :S For me, French team doesn't exist without him. No other words for what happened generally in match, just can't think of any other thing, damn...

• A dramatic tie-break win for France. I hope Grebennikov gets ready for the second round, at least to me it looked like he broke his little finger. It was painful. Ngapeth as a libero :D But he received great at 13-12 for France. Now I guess Belgium will only go through if Italy loses big.

In addition, Rouzier also stepped in to receive once the rally right after Grebennikov was injured.

no, Belgium is out, Italy has 2 wins, they have 1. now it's between Italy and Puerto Rico for the last spot.

• Dunno whats reason but Deroo always have difficulties against France while V.D.Dries playing good. Im sorry for Belgium, trully do. France showed character in 5th set, its not easy to turn 1:4 after opponent came back twice. I was surprised by Belgium poor reception, Dekoningen is good libero but Dejonckeere is better imo.

Aussies r playing poor, indeed. Today Uriarte started with experienced lineup with Roberts and Passier. Couldnt understand why Carroll didnt get chance, its harder to defend against left-handed player. Starovic was unstoppable for Venezuela yday. I doubt Australia is ready to step up and fight in WL 1st group

P.S Grebennikov's injury didnt look good at all. I'm afraid he broke his finger. I doubt he will be ready for next round, probably he is out till the end of WCH. Hope Im wrong.

• In addition, Rouzier also stepped in to receive once the rally right after Grebennikov was injured.

Mhm, I saw that, too ;) Good that you mentioned it. Luckily, France had to play only a few points without Grebennikov, but he will be deeply missed if he is not fully recovered.

no, Belgium is out, Italy has 2 wins, they have 1. now it's between Italy and Puerto Rico for the last spot.

Yes, you are actually right. My miscalculation.

• First matches i can watch this weekend. Seems i missed some good action....

Germany is smashing Korea in first set 25:13

Gavin Schmitt is on the bench and it's a very, very important game for Canada. Interesting...

Wouldn't mind if they still bottle one or two points, actually :whistle:

• What happened to Froom?? I think Germany need him if they want something in WCh....Schwarz is enough to beat teams like Korea, China, but not to try something against Bulgaria Canada and Russia.

Belgium had their chances against Italy USA and Iran, but they din't get a win....sad that they are out!

• I am not sure if Gavin Schmitt is in the group for today's match at all. Double substitution by Glenn Hoag with the back-ups Schneider and van Lankvelt, the latter is an outside attacker normally. Anyway, Canada was a bit lucky in the first set, but these Chinese are dangerous, it's not a walkover against them.

• What happened to Froom?? I think Germany need him if they want something in WCh....Swarz is enough to beat teams like Korea, China, but not to try something against Bulgaria Canada and Russia.

Today, he is not in the roster again. It was already visible in the test matches that Heynen has some issues about his current shape. Obviously he prefers the attack/reception/defence package of Schwarz/Westphal over Fromms, who is more or less "only" a very good attacker.

I have to trust Heynen here and will judge afterwards, altough before the tournament i tended to agree with you......

• This is suicidal! I've never seen a team miss so many chances after 20th point in any set they play. China could've easily taken not only sets, but whole points versus both Bulgaria and Canada, and perhaps a set against Russia (theoretically speaking). And yes, I agree with ossubtus about the weird coach's decisions sometimes. I said the same about the Cuban coach in the opening match versus Finland. Either they don't care that much, or (what I refuse to believe) have never thought of challenging something like that (WTF?). Such ignorance I will never be able to explain myself. We are talking about possible sets won, for God's sake!