2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Wasn't it kind of obvious from the first game? ?(

It was obvious :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I think USA are the best team in this group, with Iran and France very classy. I don't know how strong is Poland, haven't watched their matches after the first, but they can reach final six because of the 9 points they had in the beginning.

• Nowakowski should never play for the national team again. He's been doing such a huge and stupid mistakes, that are completely forbidden and unforgivable. This is so embarassing.

• Terrible Russian team in the second set. This WCh is very open. Russia and Brazil are nowhere near clear favorites as they like to think! The main phase will be very equal and exciting! :thumbsup:

• I think USA are the best team in this group, with Iran and France very classy. I don't know how strong is Poland, haven't watched their matches after the first, but they can reach final six because of the 9 points they had in the beginning.

They can, but they must get 6 ponits in 3 games to be sure...

• Nowakowski should never play for the national team again. He's been doing such a huge and stupid mistakes, that are completely forbidden and unforgivable. This is so embarassing.

Nowakowski is finally out :thumbup: Zagumny also played below expectations...

• Nowakowski is finally out :thumbup: Zagumny also played below expectations...

For a couple of minutes I'm not watching it, but I'm sure the game looks much better without this great player, who spikes above the block of world.

• Poland closed the set in an exemplary fashion. Bu Italy, c'mon, show for at least one game that you've not come here as tourists...

• what happened on Australia - France? I saw Rouzier spiked for 25:23 but now I see on twitter that Aussies won 32:30 :rolll:

Probably video challenge :D I was mislead in the same way yesterday for the 3rd set of Poland - USA.

• I don't think that 9 point for Poland which 6 point of its comes from winning over Australia and Argentina made a good chance to guarantying the next round ticket. As we can see that USA got the same result with Poland.

Even, France and Iran maybe could able to gain the same chance as well. But my major point is that if France and Iran going to attain the same result with USA, we would have no chance for Serbia and Poland which is not so far. I reserve the next ticket for USA as they have easy game which could able to gain all 6 points and France. The third ticket have some claimer(Poland, Serbia, Iran). It's so complicated for three teams but I know that who can gain the last ticket. ;) :D

• Plamen Konstatinov is personally responsible for the performance of the Bulgarian team at the World Championship in Poland. They did nothing the whole summer and is visible. 27 errors for 4 sets is amateur level of volleyball. The reception is the worst of all teams in the championship in terms of aces received. Block is missing. Stupid errors all the time, the kind of which no player over 18 should do consistently. They should have trained 8 hours a day with ball to fix what our Bulgarian club coaches haven't done with them.

Congratulations to Germany! I would like to congratulate Grozer for the strong and precise serving, but most of his aces were our fault, just like with Russia, although this time Germany played without any errors and their reception is not like in previous years. I hope our coach finally understood that we need to play more than serve, because we can't do well when the opponent is receiving well. Our player of the match - Todorov, German - Heynen

• Poland win, but it'll be hard to beat either France or Iran... anyway, Drzyzga, Kubiak and Możdżonek should be starters :wavy:

• Thats last thing I saw, Uriarte called for challenge but not in serious way :D apparently he was right, Edgar aced for 32:30 :rolll:

Ngapeth was called for a net touch

• Ok, Poland won again over Italy. So Iran have to win in the next game over Poland if they want to be in the course for the next round...
    Two tough game is going forward for Iran,Poland and also Serbia!

• earlier today i watched a little bit of CHN x BRA (end of first set and some of 2nd), and unbelievably, same thing we talked before happened. a CHN serve that should have been an ace was called out and coach didn't challenge again. is this man awake?????

but a point that showed just how pathetic this team is was when wallace got a bad set and he just passed the ball over, CHN block jumped and ball just landed… truly awful. not to mention bad passing and bad defense.