2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• One more set please :thumbsup: it gives place in 3rd Round :D

Yes, it will be qualification for 3rd Round :drink:

I think the results so far has proved Antiga was right to skip Kurek...Polish reception is the key for the success.. :win:

• That's why I was almost sure they weren't going to win. these guys are always like this. and it's like they never played against crowds like this before. Iran still has a long way to go to be consistently good. Poland is playing great though.

• [quote='Agguerro','index.php?page=Thread&postID=269588#post269588'] Russia as usual are all about Muzersky and motor mouth Spiridonov...

Are you watching the game today at all?
    Today Russia is all about great consistent serving, very high attacking percent for everyone in the team. Grankin is playing a superb game. But if Spiridonov' mouth is everything you can see from all of that - is a question of choise, of course.[/quo

I watched enough- and thats what I see. I didn't say the others are not playing well - but what they can do is mostly possible because of what Muzersky brings - this is just true - and it is not necessarily an attack on Muzersky - it is what it is. Take Muzersky out, and there is a significant difference in those consistent serves and attacks - I think World league clearly demonstrated that already. Spiri's motor mouth is hard to miss - in fact, it was the reason why I stopped watching. As you say, it is a matter of choice - I exercised mine.

• Polish crowd is the best worldwide. Your comment is childish.

Not childish, but true, actually. It is annoying, that this dumb ententeiner-wannabe plays the same silly songs in the same order for like 45678 years already. No creativity, effort, nothing. You can easily say which song's gonna be played next. This guy is generally a huge braggart and thinks he's the one who can create an amazing atmoshpere during the matches. Also, he really wants to be in the center of attention, he screams all the time and always need to talk for 8565858 minutes before national anthems time. I'm waiting for him to quit and I'm not the only one.

• Not childish, but true, actually. It is annoying, that this dumb ententeiner-wannabe plays the same silly songs in the same order for like 45678 years already. No creativity, effort, nothing. You can easily say which song's gonna be played next. This guy is generally a huge braggart and thinks he's the one who can create an amazing atmoshpere during the matches. Also, he really wants to be in the center of attention, he screams all the time and always need to talk for 8565858 minutes before national anthems time. I'm waiting for him to quit and I'm not the only one.

Not childish, but true, actually. It is annoying, that this dumb ententeiner-wannabe plays the same silly songs in the same order for like 45678 years already. No creativity, effort, nothing. You can easily say which song's gonna be played next. This guy is generally a huge braggart and thinks he's the one who can create an amazing atmoshpere during the matches. Also, he really wants to be in the center of attention, he screams all the time and always need to talk for 8565858 minutes before national anthems time. I'm waiting for him to quit and I'm not the only one.

There IS a huge atmosphere in the gym. The DJ contributes to it.

• Wlazly plays superb tonight :obey: :obey: :obey:

We need killer OP like him 8o Wlazły in top shape with good sets is unstoppable :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Wlazly and Winiarski are serving very well today. :super: :super:
    Having Kubiak on court is like having 2 liberos in the team.

• The DJ does contribute, but that is what sports have become nowadays. I will say that some of the music has been all over the place.

I mean in the first US match, I can remember "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen being played so many times. This song is 30 years old and still a great song. But it is not a sports song. So I was very surprised to hear it after a US point and then again and again.

Then today, I heard the Pet Shop Boys "Go West". I had not heard this song in 20 years, so I was surprised to hear it today from the Poland match.

I heard "Hit the Road Jack" by Ray Charles, which is usually used in basketball when a player fouls out of the game. But I don't understand how it pertains to volleyball, maybe at the end of the match, or a player gets ejected.

• Not childish, but true, actually. It is annoying, that this dumb ententeiner-wannabe plays the same silly songs in the same order for like 45678 years already. No creativity, effort, nothing. You can easily say which song's gonna be played next. This guy is generally a huge braggart and thinks he's the one who can create an amazing atmoshpere during the matches. Also, he really wants to be in the center of attention, he screams all the time and always need to talk for 8565858 minutes before national anthems time. I'm waiting for him to quit and I'm not the only one.

Is that all you can say about the match? You are very easy to annoy.

• Bulgarian NT has brought disgrace to our country this year.

• OK, I see I sparked an argument here. I just shared my observation and annoynance. No need to feel offended as Polish fans or fans of this atmosphere/DJ. I don't like the Polish crowd and their way of behaviour, but that doesn't mean I don't like the Polish team, Polish volleyball in general or Polish people. In fact, making such generalisations is both extremely stupid and dangerous. The crowd is not just 'Polish' - it is a mixture of different people from different places with different personalities and it's different every game. Once it can boo Russia and Muserskiy even when Poland isn't playing. And some other time it may be exemplary.

We (in Bulgaria) used to have the same DJ (he might be still there, I haven't gone to matches or watched Bulgarian home games in the recent years, so I don't know). You can't say who's worse. They have the same style, they know their 2-3 songs, 2-3 tricks and they think they are really important and cool for controlling the crowd. The difference is that our crowd doesn't respond that much and Polish people seem to enjoy it. If I, personally, hear one song 20 times in a 2-hour span I would definitely get annoyed. If I hear the same song for every game for 20 times, I would hate the person who plays it. And I find it strange how the Polish crowd actually doesn't seem to be bothered by it. That's why I asked if there is some connection to the country's past or its volleyball team's past. That was all.

As for the match - not much to say. Fair play to Poland - they are doing what they ought to do. Wlaszly is immense. Iran came out with their pants off and played terribly during the first two sets. But while I'm writing this, they won the third, so let's hope the game becomes now more two-sided.

• I switched to Poland - Iran, high level so far :)

• Brazil and Russia are the first teams in third round. Very tight last two sets against Canada.

So if Russia wins against Germany tonight, Canada needs a straight win tomorrow against Germany. If Germany wins tonight, they are through as well.

Even though one would say that Russia has destroyed German reception today, I still have a feeling that Germany... keeps concentrating on realistic tasks. Winning two sets vs Canada is by far more realistic than doing so vs Russia so the focus needs to be on Canada???

The German coach, despite all his undeniable talents, remains a very funny impression.

• Cuba beat Bulgaria 3-0! Incredible! This Cuban team? An almost junior team?