2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• Poor guy was screaming in pain. It looked really ugly. Wallace's injury seems to be just a light sprain, though.

Good thing Wallace's injury isn't too serious (hopefully), but Pavel's injury...damn, haven't seen it and it sill gives shivers, just to imagine how nasty that looked and in how much pain he was. Hopefully poor guy recovers as fast as it's possible.

Meanwhile Argentina took the 2nd set 28-26 8o Vamos! :cheesy:

• this is bcoz Pavlov is not on the game list. when russia makes the double sub, they introduce volvich into the nominal opp position. muserskiy then moves into opp as soon as action starts and volvich goes into the middle.

Yes, seems legit. But I still don't understand why they won't give some game time to all their subs and rest the starters.

• A quick reminder. If USA loses a point, Iran wins cleanly and Poland gets 2 points - they are out. I'm getting excited now 8o

Argentina leading in the third so far, so they just need to take this set. Vamos Argentinaaa :super:

• Interesting to hear the US coach tell the team during the technical timeout that the team had to give all its effort or they are going home.

He is right, if they won, they would not have to worry about other results. Now, there is some doubt.

• its sad to see Bulgari getting destroyed by Finland... this is nightmare

We kind of saw it coming after the game against Germany. There were clear warnings all summer long, but I was still hoping they might have 1-2 big nights and still make it OK. Nothing like that. I wouldn't expect such a bad tournament even if I warned about what happened during the game with China already. To us, Bulgarians, it's even a bigger nightmare, but we should still live with it somehow. What I am mostly afraid of is that this is not going to be the only fiasco, I fear similar games or even tournaments are coming... I hope I am wrong.

• Triglav, you are missing the point - they are called in the NT and they came. Once you come, you are obliged to do your best, if not - don't come when called. Furthermore, the strong NT is the way the next generations of volleyball players to be seen and have a career, this way every generation pays it's debt to the previous by helping the next, just like society works. This is not question of nationalism, it is about deccency and moral.

• Man, I love these slide attacks from Lucão. :cheesy:

They are hilarious, indeed :lol:

• Triglav, you are missing the point - they are called in the NT and they came. Once you come, you are obliged to do your best, if not - don't come when called. Furthermore, the strong NT is the way the next generations of volleyball players to be seen and have a career, this way every generation pays it's debt to the previous by helping the next, just like society works. This is not question of nationalism, it is about deccency and moral.

Why did you suddenly assume that they are not playing their best? Often it's not about motivation and commitment but about confidence and skill. And how can you link the 'welcoming' bit to what you wrote, if it's not about nationalism.

End offtopic from me, I'm not replying anymore.

• We kind of saw it coming after the game against Germany. There were clear warnings all summer long, but I was still hoping they might have 1-2 big nights and still make it OK. Nothing like that. I wouldn't expect such a bad tournament even if I warned about what happened during the game with China already. To us, Bulgarians, it's even a bigger nightmare, but we should still live with it somehow. What I am mostly afraid of is that this is not going to be the only fiasco, I fear similar games or even tournaments are coming... I hope I am wrong.

Apart from some technical and tactical faults Bulgarians were mentally down after Germany. There is no player who can change current situation. After Prandi left NT Bulgaria is going down rapidly, especially in terms of game and tactical quality. Thats frightening

• huge support from polish crowd for Argentinians. USA Boys look lost at the moment :cheesy:

• Of all the strategies different teams are trying out to avoid Muzersky's block, I have to say the slide attack by Lucas is my favorite. He is actually getting better in executing it as well.

• The level is almost the same for 8-10 teams and every match is a surprise now, volleyball is developing!

• huge support from polish crowd for Argentinians. USA Boys look lost at the moment :cheesy:

Argentina is so close to taking this 3rd set! :cheesy:

Edit: They did it! :obey: