2014 CEV European League

• Pool A: Poland, Greece, Montenegro, Romania, Azerbaijan

Pool B: Turkey, Slovenia, Austria, Denmark, F.Y.R. of Macedonia

Three teams – Poland, F.Y.R. of Macedonia, and Azerbaijan – will be making their debut in the CEV Volleyball European League whereas Slovenia and Greece are coming back after missing on the last edition.

“We are very glad to welcome all of these countries,” CEV President André Meyer says. “We know that Poland will be using the European League as an additional way to prepare their players for the home World Championship in September while Azerbaijan are gearing up to host next year’s European Games. Once again the European League confirms its status as a platform for national teams where to test their likes on the international stage, improve on their skills and build up ahead of the next major events they are set to participate in.”

The host of the Final Four Tournament will be announced at a later stage. The organiser plus the first placed team of each Pool and the second placed with the best score will play in the final stage of the competition. Last year’s winners Belgium did not register and therefore the Finals will crown a new champion.

• :lol: I have strange feeling that Antiga has plan B as Anastasi during Olympic season when Poland won World League but ended Olympic as We know.

After probably not enough performance during WCH He will say- but We won Euro League :D

• I thought it is not possible to participate both in World League and European League?

• Andrzej Kowal will lead polish Team to.. hmm Final 4?

I hope Someone will write names here from roster but also will add from which Clubs are these Players. I only know from the roster Piotr Hain.

• I hope Someone will write names here from roster but also will add from which Clubs are these Players. I only know from the roster Piotr Hain.

kondzio already wrote them in the last post of the Polish NT 2014 thread.

• Polish roster:
    Setters: Michał Kędzierski (Cerrad Czarni Radom), Nikodem Wolański (Effector Kielce), Przemysław Stępień (Lotos Trefl Gdańsk)
    Opposites: Michał Kaczyński (also OH) (AZS Częstochowa), Maciej Muzaj (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Bartłomiej Bołądź (Cerrad Czarni Radom)
    Outside Hitters: Wojciech Ferens (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Bartosz Bednorz (also OP) (AZS Częstochowa), Jakub Wachnik (Cerrad Czarni Radom), Michał Filip (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Sławomir Stolc (Lotos Trefl Gdańsk), Łukasz Kaczmarek (Victoria Wałbrzych - 2nd League)
    Middle Blockers: Piotr Hain (Indykpol AZS Olsztyn), Dawid Dryja (Effector Kielce), Mateusz Bieniek (Effector Kielce), Jan Nowakowski (Transfer Bydgoszcz)
    Liberos: Adam Kowalski (Cerrad Czarni Radom), Michał Żurek (Indykpol AZS Olsztyn)

Clubs are from last season; Yavor, as you can see some people are too lazy here :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Does anyone knows Polish roster for matches vs Montenegro? I can't find it anywhere ?(

15 listed on CEV for upcoming matches:
    S: Nikodem Wolański, Przemysław Stepień, Michał Kędzierski
    OP: Michał Kaczyński, Bartłomiej Bołądź, Maciej Muzaj
    OH: Jakub Wachnik, Bartosz Bednorz, Sławomir Stolc, Michał Filip
    MB: Piotr Hain, Dawid Dryja, Jan Nowakowski
    L: Michał Żurek Adam Kowalski

• 15 listed on CEV for upcoming matches:
    S: Nikodem Wolański, Przemysław Stepień, Michał Kędzierski
    OP: Michał Kaczyński, Bartłomiej Bołądź, Maciej Muzaj
    OH: Jakub Wachnik, Bartosz Bednorz, Sławomir Stolc, Michał Filip
    MB: Piotr Hain, Dawid Dryja, Jan Nowakowski
    L: Michał Żurek Adam Kowalski

Thx kondzio but I saw that :drink: I ment list of 12 players :whistle:

• Thx kondzio but I saw that :drink: I ment list of 12 players :whistle:

Maybe they can announce 15 for each weekend and they take these groups with themselves ^^ in women's European League I saw also lists of 15 players. Maybe 12 will appear just before the match :whistle:

• Is there a reasonable explanation for experimenting with Poland's C or D squad in the European League? What's the point? It should be forbidden to play two tournaments at the same time.

• Is.

To give young Players chance to gain experience.

Noone fight for place in EL for sure so Poland without problem took spot.

• the winner of the tournament is going to go to WL next season.....but whicl level of WL ? 1-2-3 ?

Definitely not the first one, there are elite teams there :D looking into 2nd level and participants there IMHO there's still too high level for winner of this tournament :wavy: for these teams 3rd level is ok ^^

• oh my ! this Turkish team in european league is horrible :white: terrible reception,even the libero's...if i were the president of the federation i would naturalize one of Italian female liberos for this Turkish male team :lol:
    Murat Yenipazar,Gökhan Gökgöz and Hakkı Çapkınoğlu are good talents ,however ,the team is formed badly..

• It will be funny if Macedonia wins European league. There are capable but their federation cannot afford even normal conditions for them to participate in EL what to talk about WL. They don't have money to travel with plane and they travel with the bus of handball team Vardar. When they play in the city of Strumica guys who are from this town sleep in their homes because federation want to spend money. The same is in Skopje who are from there sleeps in his home not with team in the hotel.When we look at the pathetic other teams in this joke league it's aboslutely possible Macedonia to wins EL.

• Macedonia wont win EL, trust me. Even they claim trophy surely wont play WL as teams have to fullfil FIVB WL conditions. Slovenia us main candidate for gold and they want to play WL. Surely can fullfil all conditions.

Be happ that ur team plays EL, Croatian Federation couldnt afford that coz girls will be playing Grand Prix...

• Simply I had to laugh at Slovenians. Dunno what happened but to lose vs one man team is a total joke. What came in my mind iscthey choked under the pressure. Slovenia missed Pajenk, Greeks were wo Fragkos, Petreas etc.

Macedonia also choked so we have pool A finals, Montenegro vs Greece. On other side this means there wont be new European team in WL these federations cant fullfil WL conditions (most probably)