2014 Hubert Wagner Memorial - Kraków / Poland - 8/16

• But giving the fact Kurek has never played as attacker and he has zero experience so I'm not sure he could be better than Konar who is attacker since he started his career with volleyball. Antiga forced himself to try to think about new role for useless Kurek as OH. He's the worst receiver from the all team and lost regularity in attacking, Antiga gave him Chance in this season during world league but he didn't use well. In Macerata he was also player who was so often removable from the court becausee of totally lack of regularity among Parodi and Kovar. Here is the same situation.

:aww: :aww: Does anyone still believe our "coach" hasn't lost it yet? I seriously can't see how Konarski can be more helpful.

Georgi Bratoev played as retard giving the 14th point to the Russians.

Raylight can you tell me about Georgi conflict with Camilo Placi in this season?

• Ojla, give the man a chance. If he make something on the worlds, then his decisions are good, if not, then call the hounds :)

Hi raylight :flower: No, don't get me wrong, I'm not the impatient one, who doesn't give any chances. It's not like I'm bashing the guy for no reason, just for the heck of it. I actually cannot stand him as our coach ever since I can remember and every decision he makes leaves me wondering if it was seriously made out of reason, or just "accidentally", you know, out of hunch.

• I don't know details, but Bratoevs are cocky and Camillo was tolerant... A ot of unprofessiona behaviour from a lot of players this summer lead to the most shameful display of lack of patriotism with 11 losses in the history of the sport.

• DarkHorse "Next match Poland-China will be funny for our backup attacker because I bet Konarski will have problems with China middle blockers, unfortunately I know him very well... It was said to Kurek play as attacker in next memorial matches but he quit, left city and probably arguing with Antiga about his decision.[/quote]But giving the fact Kurek has never played as attacker and he has zero experience so I'm not sure he could be better than Konar who is attacker since he started his career with volleyball. Antiga forced himself to try to think about new role for useless Kurek as OH. He's the worst receiver from the all team and lost regularity in attacking, Antiga gave him Chance in this season during world league but he didn't use well. In Macerata he was also player who was so often removable from the court becausee of totally lack of regularity among Parodi and Kovar. Here is the same situation."

Sorry, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm just assuming, but it's really hard for me to believe that Kurek sucked so dramatically throughout the entire preparation process that he doesn't even deserve to be in the team anymore. All of it is like shooting in the dark, Bartek hasn't been given any chances during this torunament and he won't be, so...

• I don't know details, but Bratoevs are cocky and Camillo was tolerant... A ot of unprofessiona behaviour from a lot of players this summer lead to the most shameful display of lack of patriotism with 11 losses in the history of the sport.

I didn't watch all Bulgaria's matches during world league because we were in another group, but I watched opening match of first division USA-Bulgaria and I must say I was impressed by Bulgaria's game against winner of whole tournament - USA. I remember amazing serves of Skrimov, this being wet on the hall and Priddy's sad injury. But USA gets angry because of this accident and win after tiebreak, was really nice match at the highest physically level. I didn't expect in that time that they could lose all next matches. Zhekov should come back for world league too, maybe you could get better result with him it could help you to stay in first division.

• DarkHorse "Next match Poland-China will be funny for our backup attacker because I bet Konarski will have problems with China middle blockers, unfortunately I know him very well... It was said to Kurek play as attacker in next memorial matches but he quit, left city and probably arguing with Antiga about his decision.

But giving the fact Kurek has never played as attacker and he has zero experience so I'm not sure he could be better than Konar who is attacker since he started his career with volleyball. Antiga forced himself to try to think about new role for useless Kurek as OH. He's the worst receiver from the all team and lost regularity in attacking, Antiga gave him Chance in this season during world league but he didn't use well. In Macerata he was also player who was so often removable from the court becausee of totally lack of regularity among Parodi and Kovar. Here is the same situation."

Sorry, it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm just assuming, but it's really hard for me to believe that Kurek sucked so dramatically throughout the entire preparation process that he doesn't even deserve to be in the team anymore. All of it is like shooting in the dark, Bartek hasn't been given any chances during this torunament and he won't be, so...

Kurkofans are really tough rival for discussion. Bartek had the same rights like other players, let be honest please, he didn't use well his chances, he had during elimination for european championship 2015, even Antiga risked first match for him when he wasn't at good condition, he was in starting six with Kubiak. He played terrible but Kurkofans and even me (who I am not) were saying that he's tired after club season, bla bla (oh yes only he could be after club season, other players not, pf). Ok, next Chance he got in match with Italy reserve players in Katowice and he showed NOTHING, with Brazil in Kraków she showed NOTHING only giving the points for rivals I must say when for example Buszek showed in match with Iran in Gdańsk almost 100% in attack. How can you justify this? Please don't make Kurek as holly cow with another rights than others. He plays sh.t for a 2 years, changing clubs and we don't see the progress. Door are still opened for Kurek, Antiga is not that stubborn guy like Anastasi was with Wlazły to not call him, Antiga just chosed the best ones and CHECKED Kurek's form, as Antiga said: he lost sportsment rivalisation. I must say in Macerata coach also didn't trust him and he was the third option in OH after Parodi and Kovar. That's the fact my dear. He must think about his career and work harder.

• Spiridonov pissing off Bulgarians, even lazy sparing match is good occassion for him. :dance6: I'm waiting for Bulgarians answer.

He doesn't annoy them at all. By far not the first time they see him, everybody knows very well what to expect and how to react, including Bulgaria coaching team.

• @DarkHorse"Kurkofans are really tough rival for discussion. Bartek had the same rights like other players, let be honest please, he didn't use well his chances, he had during elimination for european championship 2015, even Antiga risked first match for him when he wasn't at good condition, he was in starting six with Kubiak. He played terrible but Kurkofans and even me (who I am not) were saying that he's tired after club season, bla bla (oh yes only he could be after club season, other players not, pf). Ok, next Chance he got in match with Italy reserve players in Katowice and he showed NOTHING, with Brazil in Kraków she showed NOTHING only giving the points for rivals I must say when for example Buszek showed in match with Iran in Gdańsk almost 100% in attack. How can you justify this? Please don't make Kurek as holly cow with another rights than others. He plays sh.t for a 2 years, changing clubs and we don't see the progress. Door are still opened for Kurek, Antiga is not that stubborn guy like Anastasi was with Wlazły to not call him, Antiga just chosed the best ones and CHECKED Kurek's form, as Antiga said: he lost sportsment rivalisation. I must say in Macerata coach also didn't trust him and he was the third option in OH after Parodi and Kovar. That's the fact my dear. He must think about his career and work harder.[/quote]

Kurkofans? First get your facts straight, before jumping to such conclusions, I'm not a "Kurkofan". I'm just sharing my opinion, that's what forums are for, I'm not imposing it neither on you, nor anyone else. And take a chill pill, 'cause I'm not even agitated or anything, and you're giving me a needless lecture on how useless Kurek is this season. I didn't ask for it. I know the guy, I know what he's capable of and what he'd been showing lately. I'm just trying to understand Antiga's decisions, and I'm not the only one, since a lot of people try to do the same thing. Apart from you, obviously, 'since everything's sorted for you and there's nothing werid or even a little surprising, 'cause he (Kurek) "showed NOTHING".

The Wlazły-Anastasi part crakced me up a little. "Not to call him" - for real? I guess cringing before his majesty Wlazły would be the most satisfying solution for you? Andrea did want him in the team, he talked to to him, asked him to play, Mariusz refused to play, not even once, so what's there to talk about?

• @DarkHorse"Kurkofans are really tough rival for discussion. Bartek had the same rights like other players, let be honest please, he didn't use well his chances, he had during elimination for european championship 2015, even Antiga risked first match for him when he wasn't at good condition, he was in starting six with Kubiak. He played terrible but Kurkofans and even me (who I am not) were saying that he's tired after club season, bla bla (oh yes only he could be after club season, other players not, pf). Ok, next Chance he got in match with Italy reserve players in Katowice and he showed NOTHING, with Brazil in Kraków she showed NOTHING only giving the points for rivals I must say when for example Buszek showed in match with Iran in Gdańsk almost 100% in attack. How can you justify this? Please don't make Kurek as holly cow with another rights than others. He plays sh.t for a 2 years, changing clubs and we don't see the progress. Door are still opened for Kurek, Antiga is not that stubborn guy like Anastasi was with Wlazły to not call him, Antiga just chosed the best ones and CHECKED Kurek's form, as Antiga said: he lost sportsment rivalisation. I must say in Macerata coach also didn't trust him and he was the third option in OH after Parodi and Kovar. That's the fact my dear. He must think about his career and work harder.

Kurkofans? First get your facts straight, before jumping to such conclusions, I'm not a "Kurkofan". I'm just sharing my opinion, that's what forums are for, I'm not imposing it neither on you, nor anyone else. And take a chill pill, 'cause I'm not even agitated or anything, and you're giving me a needless lecture on how useless Kurek is this season. I didn't ask for it. I know the guy, I know what he's capable of and what he'd been showing lately. I'm just trying to understand Antiga's decisions, and I'm not the only one, since a lot of people try to do the same thing. Apart from you, obviously, 'since everything's sorted for you and there's nothing werid or even a little surprising, 'cause he (Kurek) "showed NOTHING".

The Wlazły-Anastasi part crakced me up a little. "Not to call him" - for real? I guess cringing before his majesty Wlazły would be the most satisfying solution for you? Andrea did want him in the team, he talked to to him, asked him to play, Mariusz refused to play, not even once, so what's there to talk about?

Mariusz wanted come back to Olympics but Anastasi made him as a fool and said it's too late and closed the door, next Bartman said to newspaper Wlazły doesn't deserve on NT. Next Wlazły posted that he will never come back when Anastasi is coach. Anastasi didn't give Chance on a hall to train with other players so don't be funny, Bartek had Chance to show himself like others. Anastasi was a coach that however Kurek played he must be on a court no matter we lose or win. Antiga said he has another vision that the players in the best form will play.

• I hope someday we will take more than a set vs Russia and will be for medal.

• Do you guys remember when Anastasi was coach of Italian NT and favorised Vermiglio, no Zaystev? When Anastasi failed WCH in Italy Berutto made revolution, you think that Italians also attacking Berutto like you doing to Antiga when you even don't know what we will reach? Who cares now about Vermiglio? Antiga did the same with predictable Żygadło, Bartman. Situation with Kurek is another I think, because he was always neutral and polite guy not like Zibi son of Anastasi who insulted Wlazły in newspapers. So we will never see Bartman-Wlazły both in NT I think. Kurek must work harder, we remember how he leads our NT in past, but sorry it doesn't make him to be in NT even when he doing the worst job.

• I hope someday we will take more than a set vs Russia and will be for medal.

Well, I hope this never happens of course, but Bulgaria indeed looked good today, even without their super-hero as the opp. Had Zemchonok not have this surprisingly solid performance and had Ilinykh not injured his knee, the score might have been different.

• Well, I hope this never happens of course, but Bulgaria indeed looked good today, even without their super-hero as the opp. Had Zemchonok not have this surprisingly solid performance and had Ilinykh not injured his knee, the score might have been different.

We were also without Todorov and Aleksiev and Valentin Bratoev received pretty bad, if not for him the first set could have been hours. Zemchenok played really well, indeed.