2014 FIVB World League - Prediction Game

• I am really surprised that almost no one predicted 3-1 for USA vs Brazil. After all USA are among the toughest opponents in final games, the most stable mentally. Probably the defeat vs Italy was the reason.

That's exactly the reason I predicted Brazil. USA's final is based on victories over Australia and Iran, which, all due to respect, presumably advanced to the semifinals with the help from Brazil.
    The final match is actually quite close. Had Brazil taken their chances in the opening set, they might have won the title.

• It seems close because USA made more errors, but as game wasn't close. USA was better in attacks and Lee stopped a lot of MB actions by his mere presence.

• Hello!

I am new to this prediction game (obviously, because i am new to this site). I hope it's not being rude (or being crazy) but may i suggest to have prizes for winners and not just recognition? (kondzio, :wavy: :wavy: :wavy: )

I think, it would add an excitement to the game. This will make other members join too. Would also make a better and more fun interaction amongst members of this site.

Suggestions for prizes would be like a tag (e.g. prediction, 1st place - WL Prediction 2014) or pins that would occur in our profile with description just like tags. Or maybe even, gift certificates?

just suggesting. :rose: :rose: :rose:

• Also, gift certificates will make an avenue to know more about the members. We could maybe meet sometime in the future to watch together big volleyball games. Isn't it fun?

• Earlier there were some rewards, but now we don't practice it...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Volleycountry, our partner, offers prizes for the prediction game winners. The last winner got a Lube Macerata shirt, I think. Here people predict more for fun, so you can actually try both :) You can do what Bartek does and keep track of your scores in you signature, for example. I don't quite like the idea of game pins, but if game participants decide so, why not. Besides, I am not really sure whether the forum software allows such a profile moderation.