European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• Besides the fact of paying money to watch ESTONIA, scheduling the match in Turin at that time basically forced everyone to spend the night there. Hopefully more people will show up against France (hopefully not all of them being French).

Yes, because Turin doesn't have any inhabitant :huh:

FIPAV and marketing :wall:

ps I would have payed for sure ^^

• Another jewel from the organizers of the Turin pool: team Estonia was welcomed to Italy by an interpreter. A Russian interpreter. Speaking only Italian and Russian, not even English. Of course not a word of Estonian. :gone:

• Who, on sweet world, are bimbeminkias? :?:

:lol: Teenager girls who use to scream everytime they see their idols (always good looking guys and it is not a coincidence), to scratch their face for those guys and to pull their hair as well. They are the ones who buy horrible music, go watching sport for the players (specifically their packages) and not for the game, they watch terrible movies (such us Twilight) for the actors and then fight each others to declare what guy from the movie was the most handsome. Their minds are full of nothing. Their thinking is led by their hormones.

For Italy Zaytsev, Travica, Vettori and so on are full of this kind of people around. They follow every player on every social network. They started on the social networks a crusade pro Travica to get him back and kick Juantorena out (at least they can do something good once in a lifetime).

I guess every nation has its bimbamiankias, but ours are the top. :aww:

• Thanks for the explanation, ravens! ;)

Kk15, I haven't seen you for AGES, soo good to see you! :) :wavy:

So, Germans looked a bit as if they've never finished this whole "hell week" and still was in hell. Bulgarians literally crushed them and it's sad to see Grozer giving more points to the opponent than scoring for his own team :huh: I think that Heynen kept him in game for too long, there is NO WAY anyone could play worse and if you have such player like Jochen on bench you should just try him... Anyways, block and communication in team Bulgaria worked really great. Every guy was present for the other one to secure :thumbup: True that Germans didn't cause any problems for the opponent but it has to be said that Bulgaria looked solid and very confident. And it may sounds crazy but I'm really pleased to see Bratoev, after all team works well with him. Yeah, too early to say that? :) But he's way better than himself the other day when everybody complain about him. Terrible pity that Skrimov is out... I wonder how the things will look like in tougher moment when one from Penchev-Aleksiev will choke. :knocking on wood: To end positively - that block on Grozer made by Penchev ROCKED!

I'm still wondering, how in world Croatia didn't win this first set, having two set points and then losing four points in a row :aww: And I still dislike N'Gapeth. Very annoying attitude.

• So, Germans looked a bit as if they've never finished this whole "hell week" and still was in hell. Bulgarians literally crushed them and it's sad to see Grozer giving more points to the opponent than scoring for his own team :huh: I think that Heynen kept him in game for too long, there is NO WAY anyone could play worse and if you have such player like Jochen on bench you should just try him... Anyways, block and communication in team Bulgaria worked really great. Every guy was present for the other one to secure :thumbup: True that Germans didn't cause any problems for the opponent but it has to be said that Bulgaria looked solid and very confident. And it may sounds crazy but I'm really pleased to see Bratoev, after all team works well with him. Yeah, too early to say that? :) But he's way better than himself the other day when everybody complain about him. Terrible pity that Skrimov is out... I wonder how the things will look like in tougher moment when one from Penchev-Aleksiev will choke. :knocking on wood: To end positively - that block on Grozer made by Penchev ROCKED!

Heynen brought Schöps in second set but he played almost same as bad as Grozer, which was a quite difficult task yesterday.

Generally, the german team is known for being a slow starter in tournaments but that was really painful to watch yesterday. I hope they can recover and somehow beat the Netherlands today. It can't get much worse for sure.
    Bulgaria played a very clever match yesterday. Once they realized the german problems they tried to avoid own mistakes (NO attack mistake for them yesterday!) and relied on their block/defense. You can say that they played exactly the match, which Germany probably intended to play.

As some other users mentioned, it is a bit sad to see so many empty halls. Not a very good advertisement for our sports :|

• Kk15, I haven't seen you for AGES, soo good to see you!

Hi Bella!! 8o I can believe that someone still remember me :heart:
    Since MRoma left senior volleyball I haven't followed much the Superlega so I lose a bit of interested in it, I have to admit! But this WC was a nightmare: I had an hard time to watch the matches (only on pay tv in Italy and hard to find on you tube) and it's not a very followed competition in Italy, so I really needed someone to chat about it :D
    Ps sorry for the OT!

And I still dislike N'Gapeth. Very annoying attitude.

Really? I love him and his 'madness' :cheesy: I found him very enjoyable to watch!

BTW, this morning I could finally watch the italian match: there were few nice action, but I was technically disappointed overall (receivers!! and too many attack faults), while I kinda liked the spirit, even if we've been a bit lost in the second set.

On the other hand, Estonia did more than I expected. I loved Kreek's spike! (good morning Buti, btw!). I enjoyed them more than Croazia.

About France-Croatia, I watched only the first and the second set.
    The first was kinda strange to me: I would have said that France was attacking, defending, receiving (Grebennikov!!!), serving (even if with too many mistakes) and that Croatia wasn't doing much, but the score didn't agree :what: I guess I haven't payed much attention..
    In the second, Croatia was really disorganized :aww:

In general, I find the video-check essential, but at the same time I'm defiantly hating :pinch:
    It's often too hard to understand what's going on, they should do as in rugby, where the referees speak out laud.

• I still have to mention finnish team and fans. They made the match against Russia quite fun to watch. In the end they were simply overpowered by Russia (67% attack efficiency :white: ) but they showed good effort and resistance.

For Russia, Kovalav looked quite fine and his play with the Middles and Mikhailov was sublime :thumbup:

• Btw are Jakub Vesely and the bball player Jan Vesely related?

• I still have to mention finnish team and fans. They made the match against Russia quite fun to watch. In the end they were simply overpowered by Russia (67% attack efficiency :white: ) but they showed good effort and resistance.

For Russia, Kovalav looked quite fine and his play with the Middles and Mikhailov was sublime :thumbup:

The match was fun to watch thanks to the Finnish Freddie Mercury fan (jersey No16) whose performance was simply unbelievable given that he had to spike vs organised block. He seems to be much more quiet vs Serbia though.

• I am really curious about Slovenia today. They have some good players and have been playing well in friendlies games. Poland is favorite but i would be really happy if Slovenia could play in high level. :super:

• Germany without Grozer and Kaliberda.

Schöps and Schwarz are doing fine so far. Still early in the match but i am kind of releived that things are going much much better than yesterday :obey:

• Fully agree about Finnish fans...

Regarding match itself... totally missed tactics by Finland or better to say by Sammelvuo and it's not the first time he made such huge mistake. To opposte Sinkkonen and Siirila to Podraščanin and Lisinac you have to be total ignorat. :aww: Serbian middles are great if you compare them with the best blockers on ECH and Sinkkonen and Siirila looked like beginners. I don't understand why Sammelvuo applied "reading opponents game" tactics coz Serbia is taller team in general so block didn't exist. Kunnari and Siltala were pathetic, both on reception and attack, so they looked like kittens from zone 4. Kunnari's skills are decreasing lately, especially reception.

• Fully agree about Finnish fans...

Regarding match itself... totally missed tactics by Finland or better to say by Sammelvuo and it's not the first time he made such huge mistake. To opposte Sinkkonen and Siirila to Podraščanin and Lisinac you have to be total ignorat. :aww: Serbian middles are great if you compare them with the best blockers on ECH and Sinkkonen and Siirila looked like beginners. I don't understand why Sammelvuo applied "reading opponents game" tactics coz Serbia is taller team in general so block didn't exist. Kunnari and Siltala were pathetic, both on reception and attack, so they looked like kittens from zone 4. Kunnari's skills are decreasing lately, especially reception.

And sometimes they receive only with 2 players. I dont know if it really works in male volleyball with better teams.