European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• That was probably one of the worst games I have ever seen 8| Both, Poles and Slovenians made an uncountable number of mistakes! Our guys knew they were not playing well at all so they started to jump merrily, like it was during WCH, to give ourselves this extra boost. Seems that we finally woke up in fourth set. Luckily, because it all started to look ridiculous :aww:
    But not close to the circus which a match GER-HOL was. That was even beyond ridiculous :what: Experts in our studio even discussed it widely, commenting everything, including legendary action of Broshog (?) catching the net like a monkey catches banana. I didn't knew we're so scary that everyone desperately wants to avoid us. And I don't know what makes Heynen so sure that Slovenia/Belgium won't be able to beat them or later that Bulgaria won't beat them again :aww:

It's all about psychology (in Bulgarian case) and quality. Slovenia and especially Belgium aren't teams which Germany should be afraid of. He is relying on his tactical skills, which are great without doubt, and his team potetntial. Heynen is not stupid to face Poland in QF's if he can choose Bulgaria. No matter how much I like Bulgarians they are the most preferred opponent in QF's. Forget opening game vs Bulgaria, if they meet in QF's it will be totally different match or better to say Bulgarians will be under huuuge pressure to win again. And I'm sure the Germans fooled everyone with performance in opening match.

Regarding calculations. Slovenia is facing Belgium and both can choose opponent. Paradoxically, but whoever wins this match will have a harder rival (Germany) in next round.

• Scenarios to Reach 2nd Round
    Clinched in Red

Pool A
    1. Bulgaria 2-0, 5 points, 6-2 sets W-L
    2. Netherlands 2-0, 5 points, 6-3

3. Czech Republic 0-2, 1 point, 3-6
    4. Germany 0-2, 1 point, 2-6
    Winner of Bulgaria vs. Netherlands will win group, loser will finish 2nd
    Winner of Czech Republic vs. Germany will finish 3rd

Pool B
    1. Italy 2-0, 6 points, 6-0 sets W-L
    2. France 2-0, 6 points, 6-1

3. Estonia 0-2, 0 points, 1-6
    4. Croatia 0-2, 0 points, 0-6
    Winner of Italy vs. France will win group, loser will finish 2nd
    Winner of Estonia vs. Croatia will finish 3rd

Pool C
    1. Poland 2-0, 6 points, 6-1 sets W-L
    2. Slovenia 1-1, 3 points, 4-3

3. Belgium 1-1, 3 points, 3-3
    4. Belarus 0-2, 0 points, 0-6
    Poland will win group with win vs. Belarus. Could win group with a loss, but need Slovenia and Belgium to go 5 sets (win on match points Poland 6, Belgium or Slovenia at 5)
    Slovenia has clinched due to sets-ratio over Belarus if they tie on wins and points (Slovenia at worst is 4-6 vs. Belarus at best 3-6)
    Belgium needs one set against Slovenia to advance. Belgium can win group if Poland loses in straight sets and Belgium wins in straight sets
    Belarus needs Belgium to lose in straight sets, and by a lot of points to have any chance. Plus Belarus have to sweep Poland, not looking good for them

Pool D
    1. Russia 2-0, 6 points, 6-0 sets W-L
    2. Serbia 2-0, 5 points, 6-2

3. Slovakia 0-2, 0 points, 2-6
    4. Finland 0-2, 0 points, 0-6
    Winner of Russia vs. Serbia will win group, loser will finish 2nd
    Winner of Slovakia vs. Finland will finish 3rd

• Scenarios to Reach 2nd Round
    Clinched in Red

Is it 3 from each group advances to second round?

• The EuroVolley official website put photos taken from the European Games as banners, rather than photos of the stars who actually participate in the European Championship. What a joke...

It is one of the worst website I've ever seen. There is no info, anything! I wanted to go to Bulgaria in order to watch some matches, but unfortunately the website and tickets-sell were released too late. The teams official pictures arent updated...a mess.

• Whatever comes next, i don't think that i will ever be able to forget them this crap......

Germany is the second northern country that loses on purpose after Poland vs Slovakia iN ECH 2011. I ddin't expected that from them. This is normally something for southern countries as mentality. I hope Bulgaria doesn't do the same at certain point :whistle:

P.S. It is normal to prefer Bulgaria, after so many missing players, Sokolov, Skrimov, Valentin Bratoev ./who was deciding in Baku/ and with that lack of preparation. Plamen Konstantinov doesn't believe in practicing with the ball, their serving haven't moved from World League. Penchev is one of the top jump servers and now he sends float, that is enough as info to judge. We saw that reception is not iron, either, vs Czech republic> When Grozer serves 133km/h there will be trouble. But still, Germany will have problems because of the home advantage if we face them. There is no guarantee that the second match will be the total opposite from them, not in Sofia.

• @ vabo
    http://www.oasport.it/2015/10/…sta-zaytsev-vs-ngapeth-e/
    This is what I'm trying to say.
    Zaytsev-N'gapeth, Juantorena-Rouzier :rolll: :rolll: (and this is in third place) It is so forced, even their positions are different :rolll:

Zaytsev vs NGAPETH - Tsar against the Emperor of France . So many things in common: the hair "bizarre", the power of the attacks, the ability to be decisive for their team. Earvin is the Modena striker, Ivan won a championship with the Lube. Clash of the Titans and most likely those who can win it will bring its national success. Great balance between the best opposite of the last World Cup and the MVP of 'last World League. We know you do not play the same role (Ngapeth is one hitter) but ideally this is the challenge highlight of the game.

Earvin is the Modena striker, Ivan won a championship with the Lube. What a comparation !

Juantorena vs ROUZIER - We repeat what was said to Zaytsev vs Ngapeth: do not play the same role but the face-off is announced. The Panther is more explosive , is growing significantly in attack and will certainly hurt the receiving half. Rouzier play up, sometimes it's even difficult to read especially when it is well served.

Juantorena is growing in attack :!: He must be a newbee, some young star lol

• Dear Mr. Vlasov,
    I like your son's play very much. He is a bright talent and his time will come. But complaining after a -14, -10, -15 victory? Come on..... :wavy: 8)

That was the victory vs the bench squad of not the best team. Slovakia was clearly preparing for the 3rd place match vs Finland.

• It is one of the worst website I've ever seen. There is no info, anything! I wanted to go to Bulgaria in order to watch some matches, but unfortunately the website and tickets-sell were released too late. The teams official pictures arent updated...a mess.

That is how things are done in Bulgaria :D

• Germany is the second northern country that loses on purpose after Poland vs Slovakia iN ECH 2011. I ddin't expected that from them. This is normally something for southern countries as mentality. I hope Bulgaria doesn't do the same at certain point :whistle:

P.S. It is normal to prefer Bulgaria, after so many missing players, Sokolov, Skrimov, Valentin Bratoev ./who was deciding in Baku/ and with that lack of preparation. Plamen Konstantinov doesn't believe in practicing with the ball, their serving haven't moved from World League. Penchev is one of the top jump servers and now he sends float, that is enough as info to judge. We saw that reception is not iron, either, vs Czech republic> When Grozer serves 133km/h there will be trouble. But still, Germany will have problems because of the home advantage if we face them. There is no guarantee that the second match will be the total opposite from them, not in Sofia.

Poland did lose on purpose in 2011, but in my opinion, that was a well-justified one. It was a good revenge to someone who lost on purpose in WCH 2010, which caused Poland end up in a tough group in the second stage and got eliminated too early...

• Great win by Belgian Team! 3-1 (27-25,14-25,27-25,28-26)

3th game of Belgium against Slovenia was first important value indication, IMO(Poland too strong, Belarus too weak in previous games).
    Before the EC-start, I would have been sceptic about our chances,
    but the Belgium team is growing in this tournament after a difficult preparation period.

In this particular game, Deroo finally reached his best level.
    Van den Dries, Coolman and Baetens entered the game in a later stage, but each had important contributions:

Van den Dries scored 80%, substituting for Van Walle,
    Baetens had decent stats in serve reception, block and attack and Coolman was reliable in serve and attack.

Overall, I like the fact that our coach now puts Rousseaux in the starting line-up as a second outside hitter
    (intrinsically he is by far the better choice over Baetens and Klinkenberg).
    Valkiers is doing great as a setter: he's probably a bit liberated by the absence of Depestele (finger injury).
    Hope Vandevoorde still grows in this tournament (started 1 set with 3 blocks, but was replaced later on by Coolman). We'll need him for sure in the upcoming games.

I like the Slovenian team, I think of them as a volley-smart team (great in dropping balls or other solutions to still score on difficult sets).
    They overwhelmed the Belgian team in the second set (25-14 win), but had to refocus again in the following sets.
    I think the lack of consistency by the Belgium team is more or less a weapon in that respect.

• Eesti! :super:

8 aces, 11 blocks :white:

I'm ashamed how my friends played today... Amateur level but I can't blame players but ignorant coach. We had 2 WEEKS of preparations for ECH, key players joined after week so Omrčen, Zhukouski, Galić etc. praticed together for 7 days. For some unknown reason Šimunčić called veteran Krnić instead Močić, Kovačević and Vulin for no visible reason. Eesti played good but thats consequence of our tragic display.

I feel sorry for Omrčen coz this was his goodbye to NT... ;( Thanks fot everything Igor, you didn't deserve this..

• What happened to Verhanneman :?: I think he is better than klinkenberg.

Belgium has some good players, i dont know, but maybe a foreing coach would be good for them.

Rosseaux will play in Italy and i hope he can improve a lot there.

Belgium probably will face Germany.

About Slovenia, i think they miss some good options on bench, apart Sket. They had a tough match yesterday and maybe they were too tired today.

• Verhanneman was injured for a long time and Baeyens thought he lacks match rythm. Then he scored 17 pts for Roeselare vs Belgium :whistle:

Germany trashing poor Czechs :rolll: Heynen on a roll :thumbsup:

I didn't know that about Verhanneman :lol:

I did not watch the game Bulgaria x Czech Republic, but i presume that Bulgaria played really bad. It's not possible to lose 2 sets to this team.

• Verhanneman was injured for a long time and Baeyens thought he lacks match rythm. Then he scored 17 pts for Roeselare vs Belgium

Yep, that was remarkable. Just the week before, I saw a friendly game against Estonia in which Verhanneman very clearly was not in optimal shape.
    But apparently, that can change very quickly.
    I think he will regain his spot in the final 12, probably at the expense of Klinkenberg. (Today, small appearance at the end of set 2 to miss a serve reception and finish an attack in the net: he has yet to find a team for the coming season: I hope he can recover from this apparent lack of confindence).

Germany trashing poor Czechs Heynen on a roll

3-0(-14,-14,-16), Heynen's bet seems to work out perfectly.

• Germany wins convincingly against the Czech Republic.

...but no win can heal the wound they delivered yesterday

... or maybe if they win the whole thing, I'll be able to forgive them