European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• I think he thought Colaci would take it so he was late to react

Generally speaking he was terrible in reception more than he was good in attack. Anyway I agree that Zaytsev and Juantorena looked very tired as the match went on. Vettori looks less and less NT material as time goes by.

To be honest I think Russia is a better opponent for us than Serbia in the quarterfinals. Poland is another category (though unconvincing as they looked so far), but if we want the gold medal it doesn't matter how harder the route became.

• I'm not sure about Zaytsev. The quality of the passes he had to hit was so low, because of this he couldn't find any rhythm. Gianelli should have been changed much earlier. They could also changed Juantorena in the back row because Lanza was hitting freely over Tonuitti. Blengini was the real loser of this match.

• Vermeulen :wall: :wall:

He should read the rules. It doesn't matter if Zhekov is setter when BUL coach registered him officially as libero for today. It doesn't matter if he's injured or not, libero can be changed when the coach declares him as "unable to play". So Vermeulen stop discussing and go learn the rules :teach:

• Salparov is injured, BUL coach appointed another libero despite officially having Zhekov as 2nd libero, Vermeulen not knowing the rules of volleyball and starting a major discussion is what happened. It sure did break Bulgaria's rhythm though...

• Salparov is injured, BUL coach appointed another libero despite officially having Zhekov as 2nd libero, Vermeulen not knowing the rules of volleyball and starting a major discussion is what happened. It sure did break Bulgaria's rhythm though...

I understood now. At least it works for Netherlands :win:

• Italy - France :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: ;( ;( ;( ;(

I won't say I can't believe it because I'm always really aware that when two good teams are playing the match isn't end until it's end (after the third set I was sure France would have won the fourth), but I can't believe how many mistake in attack we did after playing that well the first two set O.O
    And I also thought that we were finally playing well...

France as always massive defense and reception (they missed few balls but vs good serve, and received perfectly a lot of good serves), I don't agree with who said they won because of their serve! That was more an italian problems that a France merit, imho. Again we are receiving very poorly, especially on float serve ;(

I'm really sad that Lanza did that last mistake, it sucks considering he was for sure the best on out court!
    I can't believe someone consider him worst than Vettori or Sabbi...

And Grebennikov,this guy is just fantastic.

Also the difference between 2 liberos was massive.Grebennikov totally killed it.

The man is outstanding!! :cheesy:
    Colaci isn't doing really well lately, I don't understand why Chicco doesn't give a chance to Rossini sometimes...

I don't know if Italy is playing one of their best matches in recent years

Come on France, i wanna watch a great match.

So, it was your fault that we stop playing and that France step up!! :lol: :P

At least he "motivates" the Italian crowd

Stupid italian crowd, when it was going ok they forgot to cheer and when it was going badly they remember to boo X(
    But that fake pipe-set was amazing!
    And at least there was SOMEONE, quite a record for this part of italian tournament.

Btw, I can understand that N'gapeth can seem annoying, but actually I only see like a crazy, fun guys being happy ^^
    The problem in case was Le Roux clapping to the crowd, let it go, you're winning!

France on its high rythm is one of the most fun and best team to watch.

I agree :obey:

• BTW, to avoid the 'match-lost-on-porpuse' problem (and imho also the disparity of the pool difficulty, at least in part), I think it would be way better if the play off and/or the quarter would be chose by random selection.

Of course it doesn't work very well when you're playing an ECH in two different country, which I think is kinda a nonsense, especially for us: it is the second time that Italy do that not hosting the finals and both times (and only these times!) we didn't have a big crowd. I don't think it's a coincidence...
    And of course there is the problem of two 'head' team – I'm not sure how to translate it – instead of one.

• Netherlands miss at least one decisive player. Dick Kooy, Rauwerdink, Van Dijk are all good players but not decisive.

Bulgaria has Nikolov, even if he make some mistakes, the setter knows that he is there.