European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• The Dutch qualification problems are back on the table. And it's again Croatia they cannot beat. 3-0 for Omrcen & Co.

That was the same team that beat us 3:0? The one tall as the Russian team, athletic, strong serve and good defense? Where they high or something against Croatia? :what:

• That was the same team that beat us 3:0? The one tall as the Russian team, athletic, strong serve and good defense? Where they high or something against Croatia? :what:

There is little in common between friendlies and official games. We, for example, lost to Macedonia in a friendly a year or two ago. Yes, it's practically the same Dutch team, but they haven't been a real menace for years. Always ups and downs. Besides, Croatia has a habit now of beating the Dutch, it's not the first time around.

• That was the same team that beat us 3:0? The one tall as the Russian team, athletic, strong serve and good defense? Where they high or something against Croatia? :what:

The Dutch main problem is lack of team spirit and cohesion. Benne once said that Kooy won't play for NT as long as he is coach because he refused to join team for EL. Same goes for Van Harskamp. Now they are back. Kooistra needed rest, dunno where is Bontje, Maan just recovered from serious injury etc. As Yavor said there is big difference between friendlies and official games. This is second match in row we destroyed The Netherlands so there is no coincidence.

• I don't think the Polish jerseys are that bad.

They're absolutely horrible. HORRIBLE. The guys look as if they had their pants pulled up all the way to their nipples. Awful design. What makes them even worse is the fact this is our WCH year and so these match outfits are gonna be seen on photographs absolutely everywhere. For decades. They really could have thought of something nicer. Something similar to the 2012 World League kits would do for me.

• Well, the red jersey looks much better.

A quite easy raid for Poland. 3-0 against Macedonia

• Easier win for Poles today, meanwhile Slovenia struggled again, losing 38-40 in 1st set against Latvia and winning 3-2 eventually. Poland should beat them in 3-4 sets ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• They're absolutely horrible. HORRIBLE. The guys look as if they had their pants pulled up all the way to their nipples. Awful design. What makes them even worse is the fact this is our WCH year and so these match outfits are gonna be seen on photographs absolutely everywhere. For decades. They really could have thought of something nicer. Something similar to the 2012 World League kits would do for me.

Best uniform Poland had was London 2012. I agree these jerseys are really bad

• Someone knows which are going to be the host cities in Italy? Or it is too early to ask? I have only checked the dates.

• Ukraine already suffer with the departure of many players and the remaining don't play ... somebody know why Yereschenko and Tyutlin are not playing, they are the best of this team IMO

PS: Stats against Spain pretty much strange indeed, have anyone watched it ?

• Poland wins against Slovenia 3-1 (25-15 26-24 23-25 25-20)

• Poland and Slovenia was a good game to watch. Slovenia has some good players like Gasparini Cebulj and Pajenc. Urnault didn't play well today. I don't know why they had so difficult to beat Latvia and Macedonia. Let's see what happens next week.

And Netherlands lost again. :down: :hit:

• Thanks!

When the host countries were announced, Italy presented Catania and Messina as host cities.

Thanks! I didnt find any info in the CEV website. Just in wikipedia I read the host cities will be Milano and Torino :wacko:

• Poland and Slovenia was a good game to watch. Slovenia has some good players like Gasparini Cebulj and Pajenc. Urnault didn't play well today. I don't know why they had so difficult to beat Latvia and Macedonia. Let's see what happens next week.

And Netherlands lost again. :down: :hit:

Yes, Slovenia is a very nice team, but they are not in a very good condition for these qualifiers. The opening game against Macedonia showed it. I wouldn't be that surprised about the difficult win versus Latvia. Latvia is a very interesting team, mainly due to the experience its players gained competing in Europe. In the roster in Wroclaw we had Engleskalns (OPP) and Petrovs (S) (both semifinalists in the French League this season), Korzenevics (MB) and Medenis (OH). With Gundars Celitans (OPP), Armands Celitans (MB), Janis Peda (OH) and Valters Ramma (OH) available, Latvia actually becomes quite a decent middle-rank European team.

Slovenia should show some better volleyball this week at home. However, they have the absolute favorite Poland in the group, which makes their task almost impossible. They would need all their potential in the third round when they will have a real chance to make it to the 2015 ECH.

• Ukraine already suffer with the departure of many players and the remaining don't play ... somebody know why Yereschenko and Tyutlin are not playing, they are the best of this team IMO

PS: Stats against Spain pretty much strange indeed, have anyone watched it ?

Storozhylov, Tyutlin, Kapelus, Iereshchenko, Tomyn, Diatchkov are missing for Ukraine. Also Filippov isn't coach anymore.

The Netherlands played tragic tournament. They were that poor I couldnt watch all match vs Montenegro.

• interesting Turkish roster for this weekend..haven't heard for half of this guys :what:

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…age.aspx?mID=26471&ID=700

Where are Batur, Coskovic, Eksi and Tekeli? :whistle:

• Probably they underestimate opponents, or Zanini couldn't convince experienced players for finishing their vacation early :roll:

Except libero Hasan Yesilbudak, there is not any player who has played in A team as starter. You can find my comments about this players in Turkey NT thread.

• Wlazły is too f*ckin' soft, I can't see him against the Russians and the Brazilians of this world.

EDIT: He had 0/9 in 3rd set. Congrats.