European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• I counted it - Slovenia has no chance unfortunately :wavy:

Finland and Belgium have 264 and Slovenia has 260 now, can have 262 if wins ECH, but it will be not enough :whistle:

Are you sure? Belgium got 10th place here, so it will get 82 points. Compared to 2011 edition it'll get +6 points and will be 262 not 264.
    Actually I think Belgium must be 9th but this link says ht is 10th.

• I presume we were tired, I don't know, anyway.... GRANDE GIANGIO :obey: :obey: :obey:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• France vs. Bulgaria looks like a replay of germany vs Bulgaria at the moment. If N'gapeth keeps on receiving like this, Bulgaria stands a chance tonight.

• Are you sure? Belgium got 10th place here, so it will get 82 points. Compared to 2011 edition it'll get +6 points and will be 262 not 264.
    Actually I think Belgium must be 9th but this link says ht is 10th.

well, I though that Belgium is 9th and it should be :whistle: if they are 10th indeed, then Slovenia getting ECH title will have 262 as Belgium and what will CEV do then :?: ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ;(

Slovenia was really great, and while I was expecting them to be strong in attack and serve, I was impressed by the coordination block-defense-counterattack (they completely outplayed Italy), just outstanding. Giani prepared the match perfectly, they were always on the right place in the right time for defense and had a great attitude, alway trying not to let the ball fall.

What surprised me today wasn't either Slovenia or the result itself (even if I would have bet on Italy), but the fact that Italy played so poorly after the performance vs Russia. I was expecting a totally different attitude and intensity today, especially in defense, instead we came back to the 'sad' rithm we had vs Estonia, Croatia and Finland. Beside all the technical problems (block, reception – but these aren't strength of this team in general, and Slovenia knew how to use that – and defense), what really let me down was the fact they were so 'off'.

Still, I don't think we underestimate Slovenia, even simply because Giani is their coach and everybody respect him so much. I just think we played bad.

Italia is having some problems with reception.

Only with the reception? It sound like a compliment :lol:

Where is the italian block?

I wondered the same ^^

Slovenia seems a machine! It is working as a swiss clock.

How ordinate and consistent they were!

The game is really good.

Probably I can't be objective because I was disappointed by Italy, but I thought it wasn't good at all xD

[Without Juantorena] i don't know if Italy would be in Rio already.

Not we the others players left, I'm afraid. May be with Parodi (and the support of Bira) we could have had some chances (also because Juantorena was great only in few matches in the WC), but not with Antonov.

Total underestimation of Slovenia

I don't think underestimation is the problem, this team to me is not a team that has the arrogance of underestimating the opponents, even if of course they go on court to win and believing that can actually to that... But Slovenia did the same for sure, or they wouldn't had won. I don't think that was the reason we lost, because it's not the first match of the ECH that we don't play well. And they were perfectly aware that Giani had the knowledge to beat us.

MBs did notthing

:wall:

Zaytsev and Juantorena completely nullified by Slovene block and defense, Lanza targeted from the first point of the match, Piano and Buti even more useless than usual.

Anyway I don't want to take a single merit out of Slovenia today, they were absolutely flawless in everything.

Agree!

I thinkk Italy have no plan B if Zaytsev or Juantorena do not play well. It seems that they do not have anyone on the bench that can come in and change the game.

For the OH that's sure, for the opposite I'm not that negative, but so far Vettori proved me wrong, I guess.

Ps: Giangio, I'm happy for you :heart:

Pps: what have Bulgarian to do on a regular saturday afternoon not to watch the other semi? or they were to different tickets? (in Italy it was one ticket for both matches)

• well, I though that Belgium is 9th and it should be :whistle: if they are 10th indeed, then Slovenia getting ECH title will have 262 as Belgium and what will CEV do then :?: ?(

Kick Belgium out. Either by moral standards (yeah, FIVB morals) of having the ECH champion competing.

Or simply by giving priority to the biggest CEV result, a team that won 100 points from winning a tournament over another who never won anything. In the case of two tied teams it makes sense to rank them based on the best result, right?

• France vs. Bulgaria looks like a replay of germany vs Bulgaria at the moment. If N'gapeth keeps on receiving like this, Bulgaria stands a chance tonight.

I agree with you. Ngapeth can not receive well a single ball.

• France have a bad atmosphere in their team at the moment. That's the problem of having characters like Ngapeth, when they play bad they're REAL bad and it affects their mood and they will let everyone else feel their mood.

Ngapeth being the French version of team cancer Spiridonov is not a surprise.

• Toniutti is desperately trying to bring Ngapeth into play. He knows how dependant they are from his performance. 1/10 so far, bronce medal match from WCH reloaded.....

• Kick Belgium out. Either by moral standards (yeah, FIVB morals) of having the ECH champion competing.
    Or simply by giving priority to the biggest CEV result, a team that won 100 points from winning a tournament over another who never won anything. In the case of two tied teams it makes sense to rank them based on the best result, right?

Keep your hands of Belgium, they've deserved these points fair and square:

• European League 2013 overall win (against Croatia, Turkey, Czeck Republick)
    • 2 World League participations: 2014 (group first before Australia, Canada, ... ), 2015 (again group first before Netherlands, Finland, Portugal)
    • Current European Championship: win over Slovenia, to name just that.

All my respect for Slovenian Team and their current achievements, but in last year's European League they had to settle in 4th place after Greece, Montenegro and Former Y.R. Macedonia.
    That was an opportunity to collect those few points they probably will fall short of.

• I have hardly seen Bulgaria playing so patient and almost flawless in attack. Ngapeth out.....

• The question is what to do in 3rd set: Ngapeth in or out?

I dont like Marechal. Lyneel would be a better choice, but he do not play as OH for months.

Let's see if France will do again what they did against Italy.

• Keep your hands of Belgium, they've deserved these points fair and square:

• European League 2013 overall win (against Croatia, Turkey, Czeck Republick)
    • 2 World League participations: 2014 (group first before Australia, Canada, ... ), 2015 (again group first before Netherlands, Finland, Portugal)
    • Current European Championship: win over Slovenia, to name just that.

All my respect for Slovenian Team and their current achievements, but in last year's European League they had to settle in 4th place after Greece, Montenegro and Former Y.R. Macedonia.
    That was an opportunity to collect those few points they probably will fall short of.

I'm not trying to undermine Belgium's accomplishments but it's reasonable to believe that the CEV will be inclined to use the best result as a tie-breaker of two teams with the same number of points. How can you seriously leave out the European champion and let the 10th place in?

• I'm not trying to undermine Belgium's accomplishments but it's reasonable to believe that the CEV will be inclined to use the best result as a tie-breaker of two teams with the same number of points. How can you seriously leave out the European champion and let the 10th place in?

As a tie-breaker, I suggest to use the outcome of their latest direct confrontation.