European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• Because Gradinarov substituted V. Nikolov in the group match vs the Netherlands, and he played surprisingly well.

The substitution of Aleksiev with Salparov has happened a couple of times in this championship. Plamen might want Aleksiev who's no longer that young to take a rest, and at the same time to improve the reception of the team. Aleksiev doesn't make pipe attack that often.

That's logical but we are talking about the decisive moments of the match. Nikolov was not a reliable spiker at that time so taking out Aleksiev was very risky and actually counter-productive.

• I think last ball was out because Italy already used video*check 2 times, they couldn't challenge.

To me it looked like Lanza admitted that he touched the ball so they didn't challenge it.

What happened to Penchev?

He twisted his ankle during a bad side step going to a block. However it didn't look that bad that he can't play anymore and Konstantinov seems to think the same...

• To me it looked like Lanza admitted that he touched the ball so they didn't challenge it.

He twisted his ankle during a bad side step going to a block. However it didn't look that bad that he can't play anymore and Konstantinov seems to think the same...

Thanks.

Italia won the game.

After what happened yesterday, it would be really hard for Bulgaria to win this game.

• Well, I'm glad we won because a bronze is still better than nothing, but I have to admit I'm not that exited, and It seemed the player weren't either, at the end. I mean, I was more exited during single moments of the match than happy at the end ^^'

I wasn't sure Italy actually cared about the bronze after the horrible match we played yesterday, while on the other hands Bulgaria was playing at home, so to me it wasn't obvious that Italy would have won, even if I think – with no offense – that Italy is better than Bulgaria, when the team decides to play.
    Probably this match was the only one I would have bet on Italian opponents in this ECH xD

At the end, I guess we have to be glad that we took the second podium in a row after being not even in top 4 in the last two (and after all the troubles with the team and all the technical limits that we have)...
    But if we think that in the last 4 years Brazil, Russia, USA, Poland, France and Serbia reached at least one gold and that too often (almost always xD) we where on the podium watching them celebrating... Well, it's kinda bitter. I mean, we are the only "top team" (a really vague definition, nowadays...) that haven't won a gold medal...

Zaytsev added that Italy have become a better team with Gianlorenzo Blengini as head coach.
    "It is true that we have learned to play good in decisive matches With our previous coach we were losing all important games."

Really? :what: I haven't read it! Can you give me the link please? :)

Todorov. I think they will even give him Best Blocker award.

:huh:

-Best match: France vs Italy, i liked this game too. It was so excited.

I was surprised about that, but I guess it wasn't one of my favorite match because Italy lost xD I would have said France - Bulgaria ^^
    I agree on the best team performances, though.

The rule is that the ball may not be attacked above the height of the net when the libero sets the ball with the fingers in the 3m zone, and that also counts for 2nd ball, so after Colaci received the ball overhand Giannelli was not allowed to attack it.

I know the rule but without you I would still wonder what the hell happened in that moment xD Unfortunately without replies and with no explanation by the commentators I was clueless.

To me it looked like Lanza admitted that he touched the ball so they didn't challenge it.

Our commentators said we had already used (and wasted) two video-check, but I didn't count.
    On the other hand, I don't understand why Chicco didn't ask the video check for a serve by Zaytsev in the 4th set, It seemed really in to me.

• France is in a relaxed and playful mode. Slovenia needs better reception or worse service from the french

• :huh:

He is the leading blocker acording to the statistics. :rolleyes:

• Slovenia :super:
    They stopped getting aced and play very well now. Just don't stop.....

:wall:
    Never write a post, before the set ended. Damn, i fear that was crucial....

• tillie should have taken le roux out when he went to serve for set point. le roux has missed more serves than put them in in the last few matches. :aww:

FRA 2-0. SLO up 24-21 but too many stupid mistakes… they got rattled.

does anyone remember who was FRA starting OPP before rouzier?

• tillie should have taken le roux out when he went to serve for set point. le roux has missed more serves than put them in in the last few matches. :aww:

FRA 2-0. SLO up 24-21 but too many stupid mistakes… they got rattled.

does anyone remember who was FRA starting OPP before rouzier?

In the end, Slovenia could not control their nerves. What a pity~

Reutte -> Granvorka -> Rouzier

• why is rouzier controversial?

i've always recall that he's been a big killer for FRA, since the world champ. qual., against BEL.

no, not granvorka, that's before my time, i was thinking of moreau, who wasn't very good.

i think SLO is done...