2015 FIVB U19 World Championship - Resistencia & Corrientes / Argentina - 8/14

• Any streaming for the final 8?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Thanks, by the way I'm watching the match on youtube, there are some links :)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Nice resurrection by Iran in third set. Italian boys already thought about celebration and let Iran come back to the match.....

Anyone has a better stream than my blurry back court cam?

http://live.realstreamunited.c…l-tournaments-117776.html

• Wow, italian boys will have that defeat in their heads for a very long time, Hopefully for them, they will take a good lesson out of this match for their future volleyball lives.

I really liked the iranian setter. A very good player :thumbup:

• what a comeback ! being down 2-0 and by 6-7 points in 3rd set it was like a mission impossible but the Italians made some mistake which brought Iran back to the game.

They hyped a lot about this team, at least they will finish in top 4. hopefully not 4th ! :D

• Quarter-Finals:

Italy - Iran 2-3

Poland - China 3-0

Russia - USA 3-0

Brazil - Argentina 1-3

• Nice move by Coach putting both OPs in the court. Aghcheli scored 25 and Rasouli (left handed) 16.

I really liked the iranian setter. A very good player

Yes, he is a very promising setter for us because he is 2 meters and is a good server that we didnt have like before. I hope he will be in the senior team and replace Marouf well.

• Argentina's problem is the same as the senior team: ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. We lack a strong, precise arm. Someday, that new Milinkovic will appear, I'm sure :sos: Hopefully it will be before Conte, De Cecco, etc retire...

Anyway, the boys are doing ok. They are very good in defense (I like our Libero a lot) and disciplined to keep errors ad minimum. Block also worked well vs Brazil.

Now bring Russia :box: for me Russia is weaker than both Iran and Poland (very likely the winner of that semi will be champion), so I guess it'll be either 2nd or 4th for us.

• Poland's serving seems to be insane even for a youth competition. There has hardly been a game without them scoring 10+ aces. Bartosz Kwolek looks like, on paper at least, a real master when it comes to serving, he alone made 10 aces versus China. I should check his game at the ECH, I am curious to know whether he serves great or the opponent's reception is shaky. Now Poland have a repetition of the Group C game against Iran. Perhaps Poland are still the favourites, but Iran have entered quite a good run since. Also, I wouldn't be so optimistic about Argentina's chances against Russia. The Russians are among the most physically impressive squads in the tournament, as always, which might be a problem for the smaller Argentinians. They have the crowd on their side, however.

Statistically, Poland might have a slight advantage over the other semifinalists, but both Iran and Russia started the tournament a day later with defeats in their opening games and have been on a roll since. It seems like a great tournament so far and I hope I can catch at least some actions from the semis or the finals.

• Argentina and Poland are finalists.

Russia made 50 errors (!), I think the crowd played a part in it but I also think argentine players were much more composed than russians, in all key moments they had bad receptions or attacks that went out wide while argentines took most of the free balls russians gave them, despite not being able to hit the ball clearly in attack due to height difference.

I'm pretty sure Poland will take the cup tomorrow, but hey, mission accomplished :super:

• Poland is champion. For a moment I thought we were going to win, but Poland was too strong in 4th & 5th sets and reception was bad :( Congrats to them :win:

• Third Place: Iran 3 - 1 Russia

Final: Poland 3 - 2 Argentina

Best Players

Best OHs: Kaio Ribeiro (BRA), Jan Martínez (ARG)

Best MBs: Scott Stadick (USA), Aliasghar Mojarad (IRI)

Best Libero: Alexandre Figuereido Elias (BRA)

Best Setter: Kamil Droszynski (POL)

Best Opposite: Dmitry Yakovlev (RUS)

MVP: Bartosz Kwolek (POL)