Iran
    China
    Cuba

Pool D

Italy
    France
    Japan
    Slovenia

• Another unexplained change by FIVB that sent the allegedly qualified Algerian team out of the tournament. Japan has been invited instead. I have absolutely no information or idea why.

• Turkish U21 roster:

S: Selim Demir, Muhammet Kaya
    Opp; Cansın Ogbai Enaboifo, MErt Nevzat Güneş
    OHs: Yasin Aydın, Melih Sıratça, Mehtmet Hacıoğlu, Abdullah Çam (1997)
    MBs: Vahit Emre Savaş, Osman Çağatay Durmaz, Bertuğ Öndeş,
    L: Onurcan Çakır

The only missing player is setter Yiğit Gülmezoğlu, who is also the best player of this generation. I assume he was injured, he was absent in also senior NT and U23 NT, :huh:

• I just read in Wikipedia that this tournament unlike the U19 doesn't have R16 and it's just the top two teams of each group advancing to another pool stage with the 8 teams that will fight for the title. What a robbery! Group B teams are all better than Group A teams yet two of them will only be able to place 9th at best.

• Argentina kicked Poland out of the top 8 :super: Matias Sánchez is such SUCH a talent of a setter, and his serve is so tricky and difficult to receive for opponents :cheesy: It's an absolute pity he's only 173cm tall and probably won't be a world star because of that, things like that make me hate this modern male volleyball which only smiles to gigantic players that hit the ball hard.

Still, I think in 4 or 5 years he could be a super substitute to De Cecco in the senior team. He's easily more talented than Uriarte at least (and that is already a big achievement).

• Final is Argentina-Russia :white: further proving that Poland was really unlucky with their draw :aww:

We will probably have a setter as MVP of this tournament. Who will be, the giant Pankov or the dwarf Sánchez? we'll see... :box:

Regardless, this has been a fantastic year for argentine male volleyball, gold at Panamerican Games and finals in U19 & U21 :thumbup:

• Russia is champion after coming back from 0:2

I'm so so upset :( we can never have a joy. But the future shines bright for Argentina in this sport.

• Geez, I stopped following the game assuming Argentina would close it in 3 and they lost? :aww:

It were just three awful sets from our team after that. We gave a little fight only in 4th.

And worse was following all this with the annoying mexican and brazilian users celebrating russian victory on the stream chat :gone: I know internet anonymity makes people retarded, but it was just too much misery all together at once for me.

• It were just three awful sets from our team after that. We gave a little fight only in 4th.

And worse was following all this with the annoying mexican and brazilian users celebrating russian victory on the stream chat :gone: I know internet anonymity makes people retarded, but it was just too much misery all together at once for me.

i have no freaking idea why Brazilian fans especially would cheer for Russia. I, for one, would love to see Argentina as champions for once, even if they've been beating Brazil's ass throughout the entire year. I'm sad they couldn't do it this time.

• i have no freaking idea why Brazilian fans especially would cheer for Russia. I, for one, would love to see Argentina as champions for once, even if they've been beating Brazil's ass throughout the entire year. I'm sad they couldn't do it this time.

Brazilian fans cheering for Argentina? In what universe? :gone:

• It's a very pleasant-to-watch Argentinian team for sure. I can't remember whether Argentina ever had such success on junior level. I still don't know how many of them will be stars for the senior team one day, you all know there are many factors apart from pure talent that play a role. As good as Matias Sanchez can be, I doubt this height will ever let him perform extremely well in the future. It's a brutal world out there. But facts are facts and they say Argentinian youngsters have enjoyed a great season. This Russian generation is just fantastic, we've lost count of the medals they have won, but for once they faced some tough opposition and it wouldn't be undeserved to see a surprise for a change.

Best individual team

Setter: Matias Sanchez (ARG)
    Opposite: Caio Oliveira (BRA)
    OHs: Dmitriy Volkov (RUS), Denis Bogdan (RUS)
    MBs: Zhejia Zhang (CHN), Ozman Durmaz (TUR)
    Libero: Santiago Danani (ARG)
    MVP: Pavel Pankov (RUS)

• As good as Matias Sanchez can be, I doubt this height will ever let him perform extremely well in the future. It's a brutal world out there. But facts are facts and they say Argentinian youngsters have enjoyed a great season. This Russian generation is just fantastic, we've lost count of the medals they have won, but for once they faced some tough opposition and it wouldn't be undeserved to see a surprise for a change.

If our players were at least... 5cm taller we would have destroyed Poland in the U19 final and Russia in this one. But yeah, it's an unfair world that gave us bad genes for volleyball.

Anyway, from this team I can easily see Lazo (OH), Gallego (MB) and Lima (opp) becoming regular NT players in let's say 2 years time. Sánchez as you say will be very difficult and also Argentina is stacked in the setter position for the next 8 years at least, so...

• I can't remember whether Argentina ever had such success on junior level.

To refresh your memory, it was four years ago in Brasil. Same final, same outcome. By the way, this partially answers your question regarding the fate of the u21 champions.... My only hope here that Pankov - by far the best player of this generation - gets a stable starter position. The MVP back in 2011 was Leonid Schadilov - do you know where this chap is now?

• To refresh your memory, it was four years ago in Brasil. Same final, same outcome. By the way, this partially answers your question regarding the fate of the u21 champions.... My only hope here that Pankov - by far the best player of this generation - gets a stable starter position. The MVP back in 2011 was Leonid Schadilov - do you know where this chap is now?

True, I remember that, but what I meant is they "only" got a 5th place at the U19 WCH in the same year. I wrote juniors and meant it in general, including junior and youth teams. So yes, 2015 seems even better than 2011 for them.

The question regarding Schadilov, I am sure, was rhetoric. He is surely not a starter in any team. Well, I had to check - back-up player at Gazprom-Ugra. But I think this current Russian team is better than the one from 2011. And after all, good players find court time, one way or another. Kovalev and Filippov do, Poletaev, sometimes Pankov, Volkov, Klyuka, even Kimerov and Kurkaev do from the current one.

• Strange that Osman Durmaz gets an award as MB from Turkey but Yasin Aydin who is the 2nd best spiker and scorer does not get an award as OH.